[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
autism is a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1463027521432 (1).gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1463027521432 (1).gif
1 MB, 600x338
sensory processing disorder, autism, ADHD, they're all meme diagnosis. who else has been diagnosed?

I think the trend started with methylphenidate which provided a real incentive for doctors to push these sort of diagnosis which currently has morphed into various versions of ADHD since straterra got its patent. at the moment canada has revoked the patent for straterra citing no evidence of its utility, a prerequisite for the granting of a patent. because straterra openned the door for treatment with non-stimulant medication there's been a heavy trend for psychiatrists to believe that treatment is possible with a range of medications such as anti-psychotics.

>tfw go to doctor with brain injury
>get referral for drug abuse monitoring program
>not even drug addict
>>
Autism is not a meme. It is a perfectly quantifiable form of mild mental retardation.

t. Autist
>>
File: brony.gif (2 MB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
brony.gif
2 MB, 256x144
previous thread timed out before i could reply. ask your questions about autism
>>
>>28506187
go on. tell us about your retardation
>>
Most moderate severity mental disorders have been turned into memes
Anxiety, depression, adhd, autism
They're all easy as fuck to fake and are serious enough for people who fake then to get sympathy while still being mostly normal
>>
>>28506216
doctor kept asking me if i ever felt depressed or anxious.
t. I didnt.

what's worse is that bad doctoring has no regulatory body. so if they do a shitty job there's nobody to tell them to stop being fuckwits unless someone dies.

literally half the appointment was a doctor trying to convince me that i was depressed.
>>
>>28506212
Well, you see I lack gray matter density in certain parts of my brain which manifests as what we call autism.

There, explained.
>>
>>28506271
you had an mri?
pics pls
>>
>>28506187
>mild
Have you even seen a genuine autist before?
I'm not talking about that high functioning shit either.
>>
>>28506368
I have. some have good jobs and are high functioning. the railroad is a haven for them.

you basically need to be in affirmative action programs to succeed as an autist. not that it's real. there's just a heavy social stigma against people who are atypical.
>>
File: image001.png (174 KB, 553x345) Image search: [Google]
image001.png
174 KB, 553x345
>mfw autistic women have some heavily masculanized features
>>
what if autism just means ugly?
>>
>>28506160
I've been diagnosed.
I don't know how I wasn't being mean but it's being used to describe lots and lots of people aren't really autistic they just do it as a status symbol.
If you're diagnosed early they can help you but if you're diagnosed later in life they can't.
I would not to call it retardation that's a misnomer.
Many artists have high IQs but it's disproportionate they may be good for an example at memorizing something or mathematics
but they may have a slow reading speed
What artists do seem to have is a deficit in planning and time management. Untreated they can suffer from depression and anxiety later in life. They could also develop Tourette's syndrome.
There's whole books written on this.
How many of you are up past your bedtimes?
>>
>>28506160
>what if autism just means ugly?
You're referring to Down syndrome this is autism it's different.
However many autistics of course have social skills so they don't get I'm dressing up well can improve the reaction of the person you're speaking to. Some frankly don't care what typicals think of them.
>>
File: yayoi1.jpg (178 KB, 492x460) Image search: [Google]
yayoi1.jpg
178 KB, 492x460
>>28506803
that's called twice exceptional. you can be smart in one area and retard in another

t. Howard Gardner

creating art is different. it requires someone to develop a way of thinking that is new and different. this creates social problems because it inhibits the ability to just live in meme land.

we are music makers. and we are the dreamers of dreams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15AS5LIJWI
>>
>>28506927
My bad im using text to speech. Autist came out as artist. Stupid thing.
>>
>>28507012
its actually well documented that patients with learning disabilities go untreated. dyslexia for example is difficult to detect but is one of the things now tested for and hugely popular among the medical profession. however autism is a great blanket catchall that is extremely popular due to the funding directed towards it. so twice exceptional students wont get the funding because they can pass via coping mechanisms despite being disabled.
>>
>>28507118
Its autism not dyslexia.. I get painful headaches//migrains//partial seizures from florecent lighting, smell l and noise. Headaches from smell and lighting started after I hit my head making it all worse. Im afraid to leave house because of encounters with sensations that cause migrains lasting hours.
Yep. I got shafted by an adult diagnosis. I saw many many people about my learning issues.
Got called lasy, not caring, disorganized. It was autism.
For me it was alot of factors including a broken family home and parents thst wern't involved in my schooling. Alot if care givers didn't intervene.Went to a university that was supposed to be good with austic students. They knew fuck all.
>>
>>28507296
that's an acquired brain injury not autism. google "p50 paradigm" and latent inhibition. you cannot get autism from an acquired brain injury. autism is diagnostically defined as a problem present throughout life. a developmental problem. their rigidly defined treatment strategies were ineffective because you have an ABI not autism.

dyslexia was just used as an example of a commonly diagnosed learning disability. one that appears to simply be never learning to read as the treatment for dyslexia is to simply teach people to read. I have met people with dyslexia who have completed masters. no fucking way someone with severe reading difficulty can operate in a university.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.