[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else, upon getting interested in a video game series,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 20160511_204135.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160511_204135.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Does anyone else, upon getting interested in a video game series, get every single game in the series and play them in order?

Pic related. I've had the first one since I was a kid but recently got the other three on Amazon.

Currently almost done with the first one.
>>
ugh jakx
>>
>>28503423
Put them in their cases. REEEE etc.
>>
>>28503423
only the first two are great, the third one is 'ok' because of the races mostly.
Havn't played the fourth one.
>>
>>28503494
They came in generic cases, so I put them in a CD album. I only took them out for the pictures. No worries.

>>28503466

What's wrong with Jak X?
>>
>>28503423
jak 2 & 3 are my favorite. they were kinda like rated t gta so my mom bought it for me. plus the dune buggies in 3 were fun as hell
>>
File: 1447478594919.jpg (523 KB, 2516x1403) Image search: [Google]
1447478594919.jpg
523 KB, 2516x1403
Yes. Recently started playing tons of Kirby games after finding out he is my natural main in Super Smash Brothers. I felt like I had to channel my inner Kirby by exploring his world, so I could get even better at Smash Bros as him. So far it worked well.

Kirby is also adorable.
>>
File: LoK-Overview.jpg (37 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
LoK-Overview.jpg
37 KB, 250x333
LEGACY OF KAIN
E
G
A
C
Y
O
F
K
A
I
N
>>
>>28503677
Nice. Do you do competitive Smash tournaments? I have a friend that does.
>>
File: 1463025917396-1165214566.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1463025917396-1165214566.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>28503737

Oh hell yes. Legacy Of Kain is one of my favorite series. Currently I only have this one and Blood Omen and Soul Reaver 1 downloaded on my PS3.
>>
>>28503752
I've only been playing with a bunch of classmates for a few weeks now, one of whom is a very dedicated competitive player, yet I'm on par with him without even playing that serious. It's still something I have to look into.
>>
>>28503836
Which ones do you play?

I don't know anything about Nintendo or it's games. I grew up with Playstation and a little bit of Xbox.
>>
>>28503872
I grew up with Playstations are well, along with a Gameboy because Pokemon, ended up going to Xbox, only to now end up at Nintendo games. I find Nintendo hardware products to be overall higher quality, and Monster Hunter is now pretty much a Nintendo game, which is the main reason I got hooked to Nintendo.

We primarily play Melee in class (got school to pay for a whole setup, somehow, principal gives no fucks because he's going into retirement next year), but once did a day of Smash Wii U.

I also played Jak and Daxter a bunch. I loved the racing game but it had some shitty bug where the save file would go corrupt all the time. Alongside Ratchet and Clank and Spyro, they're definitely among my favorite platformers.
>>
>>28503737

>the ones with kain by himself are mediocre at best
>the ones with raziel by himself are goddamn good
>the one with them together is one of the best ps2 games ever

You alright anon, you alright.
>>
>>28503951

I see. That's quite a laid back principal you have, then.

>I also played Jak and Daxter a bunch. I loved the racing game but it had some shitty bug where the save file would go corrupt all the time

This is exactly why I got the greatest hits version, as I heard the bug was fixed in this version.

Favorite platformers, huh? What about the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games?

Personally, I hated every "Crash" game after Crash Bash. They were just cash-cows.
>>
Metal Gear Solid is fucking awesome if you play it in chronological order.
>>
>>28504027
>This is exactly why I got the greatest hits version, as I heard the bug was fixed in this version.
May consider buying that if I ever get a Sony console again.

>Favorite platformers, huh? What about the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games?
Played every PS1 Crash, racing games included. I enjoyed all of those along with Crash: Wrath of Cortex on PS2, but sadly they completely raped the franchise starting with Crash of the Titans. They did the same thing with Spyro. Still sad Insomniac sold the franchise, but at least they're keeping Ratchet and Clank good. I do have plans to buy a PS3 to play all the R&Cs I never got to play because I went from PS2 to Xbox to 360.
>>
>>28504114
Oh god, the way they ruined the Spyro series was horrible. But then again, I'm not too sure which series got raped worse. (Crash or Spyro)
I didn't know they still made R&C games.
>>
>>28504114
Also, I heard the Spyro series was ditched because Spyro was limited due to his lack of fingers.
>>
>>28503799

I played Blood Omen 1+2 on PC
Soul Reaver 1 on Dreamcast
Soul Reaver 2 on my brothers PS2
Defiance on PC

I have everything but OG Blood omen on my PC now. Last time I played them was last year I think.

>>28503966
>>the ones with kain by himself are mediocre at best
Blood Omen 2 was pretty fun

>>the ones with raziel by himself are goddamn good
I remember playing Soul Reaver on my Dreamcast for HOURS. It has everything from that era of gaming, especially challenging block puzzles enhanced by the underworld mechanic because it stopped time.

And the goddamn story. I was amazed at the voice acting, too

Soul Reaver 2 on expanded on all of that in the best of ways.

>>the one with them together is one of the best ps2 games ever
Defiance was a work of art. It finished the story and played smoothly while still being challenging. Playing as Big Daddy Kain at full power with the Soul Reaver was wonderful, and continuing the story of Raziel was just fantastic. Very few games handled time travel as well as these games.

>You alright anon, you alright.

Thanks man.
>>
Know what you mean OP, felt like replaying dragon age origins, ended up buying the other 2 plus dlc

Didnt even like them all that much, just have this serious need for completion
>>
>>28504452
>Didnt even like them all that much, just have this serious need for completion

I've never been able to put it into words, but I do this with some games.

I regret getting Samurai Warriors 2 for this reason
>>
>>28504209
They released a reboot of the original R&C along with a movie just a month ago. It's really good.

>>28504233
I never looked into why they sold it. I just assumed that Spyro was such a big success they just wanted to take that money as an investment into expanding the company.
>>
>>28503423
Doing this with the Resistance games. Bought all three at once, I beat the first one two days ago, and now I'm halfway through the second. I don't know why but I just really like the series.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.