[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a robot who bought his first luxury car anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 800x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 800x489
Ask a robot who bought his first luxury car anything
>>
What car is it? How did you get enough money? Why do you have success but still no gf?
>>
>>28503367
It's the Porsche boxster
>>
>>28503346
>Porsche boxster

On average how many penises do you suck per day?
>>
>>28503469
might as well have bought a mazda miata
>>
just letting you know that nobody looks at a Porshe boxster and is impressed
>>
>>28504084
It's a Porsche.......
>>
File: 1456895414776.jpg (364 KB, 950x573) Image search: [Google]
1456895414776.jpg
364 KB, 950x573
>>28504055
Would have been better off
>>
>>28504139
oh boy oh boy oh boy

I remember in school even kids laughed at Boxsters. They scream "can't afford a real sports car, but this one will do...right?"
>>
>>28504139

It's a Porsche for women and fags. Real men buy only a 911.
>>
File: Renault_Twingo_front_20080709.jpg (397 KB, 1617x1146) Image search: [Google]
Renault_Twingo_front_20080709.jpg
397 KB, 1617x1146
>>28503346
>Porsche boxster
Pretty shitty car you got there m8. You could have gone with some really nice looking shit like a 4C and kept some change or something fast and so on.

Or many twingos and miatas.
>>
>>28504168
*panamera turbo
ftfy

>>28504139
You bought the worst one
Boxsters are fuck me in the ass and cum down my throat tier
>>
>>28503346
If you didn't get the stick shift, you're not a man.
>>
>getting anything other than an F12 Berlinetta
m8, r u even tryin m8?
>>
shitbox you could have gotten something way nicer for the same cost.
>>
>>28504139

anon, I know what you're thinking.

the boxter, objectively, is not a bad car, and the porsche marque is top tier.

unfortunately, the boxter is not given the proper respect and is pretty much an upgraded miata.

I should know, I own worse: the s2000.

women don't care about cars.

dudes care about cars, but only casually, and will repeat the poison above.

just enjoy the windy curves on your own and don't sweat it.
>>
>>28505303
>s2000
>worse
wat. Elaborate
>>
>>28505396

at least the boxter is seen as a rich man's miata.

the s2000 is often mistaken for a miata.

and the real shitter about it is that the miata is a great car, people race that little fucker all day everyday at the track. It's one of a few cars that normal people can afford to race in and it is well balanced.

fucking normies and their ill informed poisonous opinions.

cars don't matter. No woman is going to see you driving something hot and throw her panties at you unless you're already chad, and then you don't need the car in the first place.
>>
File: 1457790785949.jpg (1 MB, 2250x1375) Image search: [Google]
1457790785949.jpg
1 MB, 2250x1375
>>28505540
I don't understand. I know the miata is a great car, are you saying the S2K is the worse of the three simply because it's not a miata or a porsche?

>cars don't matter
Nah. Women don't matter. I'll take a clean sports car over a woman pretty much any day.
>>
almost the same OP
my parents bought me a E cabrio about 4 years ago because i graduated
4 years later i'm a neet, hikki and khv, but hey i got a merc and a volvo
and shit ton of loli hentai
>>
>>28505709

I just mean that it's worse in the sense that a s2000 is better than a miata, albeit more costly, but is often confused for one so that's sort of shitty. So it's kind of a worse choice out of all three.

yea, cars matter, to drivers. But in the sense of impressing anyone other than a real enthusiast, they don't matter.

I'm always happy behind the wheel of my s2gay.
>>
File: iStock_laughing-business-men.jpg (166 KB, 428x280) Image search: [Google]
iStock_laughing-business-men.jpg
166 KB, 428x280
>spending your shekels on a fast impractical car so you can drive like a moron on public roads

Car enthusiasts are absolute goober-tier. I love hearing in the news about you mental defectives wrapping yourselves around trees and street lights.
>>
>>28506638

t. poor bicycle-fag
>>
I drive a 2013 Honda Civic

I've never drove a luxury car. Do they feel different or better when you're driving? Or is it mostly because it looks cool
>>
>>28503346
Why do you waste your money on such things?
$50000 invested would be enough to retire a year or two early
Pretty sure that's in the 120-150k range so that'd actually be a few years early
Waste of money desu senpai
It's literally illegal in the US to experience any of the advantages of that car
>>
I can understand enthusiasts and more power to them, but I thought the general trend these days was that putting too much effort into showing your status with a vehicle comes off tacky, outside of the super wealthy.
>>
>>28506685
>someone said I make poor choices with my income
>LOL he must just be jelly and poor lol!
>>
>>28506969
>I love hearing in the news about you mental defectives wrapping yourselves around trees and street lights.
Actually that's the part that I take umbrage with.
>>
File: DSC_4091-Edit.jpg (112 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4091-Edit.jpg
112 KB, 1000x668
>>28505884
Sup fellow s2k robot?

The thing about a Miata or a Boxster, IMO, is that they're really usable everyday cars. I love my S2K in the canyons, but it's fucking terrible as a daily.
>>
>>28507046
?
It's about utility. If someone is going to drive like a lunatic and have a fatal accident, I'm genuinely glad it just killed them and whomever was stupid enough to be in the car with them.

I'm strayan and maybe it's more of a thing here than elsewhere. But young males buying fast cars and killing or maiming themselves and others happens way too often here.
>>
>>28504055
or a giant purple dildo + all the seasons of desperate housewives in dvd.
>>
I'm Eggy's girlfriend. All the nice cars in this thread make me sad. Even cars like >>28506705 seem luxury to me. I don't care about what kind of car a guy has as long as it runs but I miss things like heating and air conditioning. A second headlight on the front. 100% working brakes. I remember one night driving back from the cities in January with him and despite being under three blankets it was painfully, painfully (-30) cold. I'll never forget the pain from that kind of cold. Thankfully he had the idea to get hotpacks so we stuffed those in our clothes so we wouldn't literally die.
>>
File: kalki.jpg (299 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
kalki.jpg
299 KB, 853x1280
>>28503469
That is literally a terrible sports car. You have awful taste in sports cars/Porsches. That's the worst Porsche you can possibly buy aside from the Cayenne SUV.
>>
>>28507622
Clearly you've never driven one.

I'd take a 911 any day, but the Boxster is a really good car.
>>
>>28507645
Nah, just owned a 450 whp 944 turbo S, driven several 911s, and tons of other vastly superior cars. The Boxster is an underpowered joke.
>>
you cannot be a robot if you are wealthy, fuck off back-to-reddit and brag there about your income
>>
>>28507720
It's still a fun car, and they're obscenely cheap for what they are, you just have to be willing to get dirty and do the IMS. (Which really isn't that hard, I used to work at a Porsche/BMW shop and have done a few.)

When you consider that they cost about the same as a similar year Miata nowadays, they'd not a bad deal, considering it's around twice the performance. I wouldn't mind one as a canyon car, not that I plan on buying one though. (My next car will be a 997.2 C2S.)
>>
>>28507757
anyone who makes at least 30k a year can afford a boxster lmao
>>
If you want to drive a roadster and not be confused for an MX-5, you pretty much have to go with an older European one. MG Midget, Triumph TR-6, or Alfa Romeo Spider. I have the latter, and it's a blast whenever it's running and not severely leaking oil.
>>
>>28507828
You can get a dozen better cars in the same price range. Bug Eye STi, built 4th gen f-body, a Chrysler Conquest TSi, a 944 turbo S with fully sikk mods, I could blather on for paragraphs. Fuck both the boxster and the miata.
>>
>>28508032
Do you live somewhere where all the roads are straight? All of those cars are pigfat, plus the StarQuest have no aftermarket and eat motors (I have a friend who collects the damn things) and everything except the Bugeye (which I've owned, and it would be a WRX, not an STi, which didn't come out until the peanut eye) is old as fuck and will be a pain in the ass. The Boxster is a car you can actually use, as is the Miata.

I've built and driven many very fast cars, including the race car I used to crew chief, which was a 550HP stroker N/A E92 M3, a 991 GT3 that we developed parts for, a 700HP turbo S2000, etc. Those cars are less fun in the canyons than your average decently tuned Boxster or Miata.
>>
>>28508112
>more fun in the canyons
No, they really aren't. They may be more fun in a parking lot, but unless you're talking backwoods roads in Romania or Asia or a third world super dense city, a GT style car with lots of power will whip the shit out of a low power gokarty roadster. Canyon roads are more like a road race track than an autocross/gokart track, despite all your Initial D experience.
>>
>>28503469
The quintessential hairdressers car.
>>
>>28508498
>Initial D

Haha no. Try 12 years as a regular at GMR, ACH and Wilson, and the roads around Mulholland Highway (Latigo, Schueren/Piuma, Tuna, etc.). A big GT is just a liability there, especially downhill.

I've driven everything from Miatas and AW11 MR2s to a Gallardo and an F430 on those roads. The smaller, lighter, lower-powered cars are much more fun. Bigger, heavier, more powerful cars can be fast, but they're a chore to drive. I think the 997 is about the heaviest car I've actually had fun in on GMR, and it's not even the twistiest road of the bunch.

2800-ish lb with 250-300hp is about the sweet spot for a car that's actually fun to drive in the canyons, I think. Note that when I say "fun to drive," I mean a car that you can go 8/10ths in and enjoy, not a white knuckle record-setting monster.
>>
>>28508709
>easy unchallenging driving is fun!
>you wouldn't want to have white knuckles!

Either of my Corvettes is perfectly at home in canyon roads. I drive the Rockies and the Black hills on a regular basis, and I drive them hard. I guarantee you you wont touch a watts linkage built mild bolt on 4th gen fbody with big meats on a mountain road with a Miata with the same cost in mods/acquisition price. You will be literally 40 mph behind it every time the road opens up a little in exchange for being able to carry MAYBE 10 more mph through the corners.
>>
>>28503346
ill see you at ista vista my robo friend
>>
>>28503469
>one chance at life
>one chance to buy a luxury car
>one chance to buy a porsche
>bought a boxter

well at least it's not a cayman
>>
>>28508912
But a Gayman is both faster and better looking than a Buttster.
>>
>>28508834
I know a couple of guys who take turbo Miatas that have been to the SCCA Runoffs to the canyons, and I have a good feeling they'd prove that wrong pretty quickly. 300+HP in a 2000lb car isn't exactly slow, and you're getting into serious money by the time you've got brakes and suspension that can handle a 3500lb car on the roads I drive.

I've been in the canyons in a 3200lb car that has put down a 1:47 at Buttonwillow, and even the guy who owns and races the car was scared to death of it on the downhill. (Admittedly it did the 1:47 on slicks, and it was on aggressive trackday tires when we had it in the canyons.)

I like cars that really encourage you to throw them around, rather than ones that require an immense amount of concentration and leave a whole cloud of hospital bills and repair costs hanging over your head. The most fun I've ever had in a canyon car was probably in a well setup 997, and right behind it was a gutless little Mazda2, of all things. (I liked the Mazda so much that I ran out, bought one of my own the next week, and flogged it to death in the canyons almost every night for two solid years before getting bored of it.)
>>
>>28508912

Cayman is totally less gay than the Boxster.
>>
>>28509064
Definitely.

Apparently the GT4 is a real disappointment, though. The gearing is ridiculous, like barely get into 3rd on most tracks high, and it totally lets the car down. I haven't driven one yet, but I hung out with my old boss the other day and he was telling me that a lot of his clients have GT4s and have been whining incessantly about it. (And searching "Cayman GT4 gearing" will turn up an assload of Rennlist threads from people trying to figure out a solution to it.)
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.