[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who had an imaginary friend? I never seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: LINGLINGLING.jpg (172 KB, 850x1168) Image search: [Google]
LINGLINGLING.jpg
172 KB, 850x1168
Am I the only one who had an imaginary friend?
I never seen anyone admit this.
I had two growing up, all the way till I was 18.
Accepted reality, but I do sometimes go back and
start imagining the girl again.
I never really got along with the other one, but they were siblings
He never talked much but he did play with me a lot.

I sometimes think about disappearing away from society
and imagining a bunch of friends to do things with me.

I think I'm happiest while imagining friends, they always end up better than reality.
It's a bit fucked up to know they're not real yet still talk to them.
But I think it's just a habit from doing it for so many years.
>>
>>28502735
Have an (OP) anon, I like your thread.
>>
>>28502774
WTF! I can't be the only one who had an imaginary friend.

Don't make me feel like I'm not normal even by r9k standards.
I need someone to relate to.
I had plenty of real friends and none of them could compare to my own imagination.

My imaginary friends are always there for me,
and they teach me cool things. They're fun to be around.

I'm not mentally ill, no autism or anything.
There has to be lots of people who had imaginary friends and not just me.

There's people with god damn schizophrenia on this board,
I seen every kind of degenerate fetish on this board.
I seen people with every mental illness.
Yet no one has imaginary friend? Please, someone at least lie for my sake.

I thought I was normal.
>>
File: 1450771707020.png (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450771707020.png
25 KB, 600x600
I don't have imaginary friends, I have imaginary worlds. I have two original story in my head plus Disneys gargoyles. What I do is make a story, world, lore, characters, ect. Then I put myself (or an idealized verson of myself) as a main character.

I then proceed to live in these fantasy worlds for several months (while still (kind of) operating irl). I'm still doing Disney's Gargoyles because it is lore galore, abd husbando galore. I've been in that fictional world for over a year now.

I occasionally take one or two week long breaks to rest my mind, get some sanity back, whatever. But when I realize how shitty the world is I go right back into my fictional worlds.

People say that "I'm distant" or "not really their". I guess those statements have some truth to them. Tell me it honestly robots, am I too far gone?
>>
File: MEIMEIMEIMEIMEI.jpg (201 KB, 650x910) Image search: [Google]
MEIMEIMEIMEIMEI.jpg
201 KB, 650x910
>>28503022
I'm OP
I want to talk to you, do you have fake email?
If not I'll make one real quick.
We can talk to each other, I have imaginary worlds also. I had them my ENTIRE childhood, but only recently stopped. (I got into writing books now, and short stories. and can only temporarily self-insert myself into worlds right now. Because my stupid job is taking a lot of stress on me.)

> am I too far gone?
Who cares, you're experiencing something that only exist in fantasy.

> A lightsaber is not real, yet it is better in every way than a wooden sword which is real.

All of reality is inferior to our fantasy.
I'm going to buy some drugs like DMT to help with my lucid dreaming. I had a dream and it felt like an entire year went by!

I also had recurring dreams by mixing drugs together, which kept me in certain worlds for months. So I would continue where I left off in the second time I go to sleep, sometimes time will continue while I'm awake, I go to sleep and have to ask people what I missed.
>>
>>28503022
also if you were a female I'd force you to marry me and we can take drugs together and experience millions of fantasies together till we die of overdose

You're so perfect anon
>>
I like this thread. This is a good thread.

That's great, OP, keep it up. You sound like a pretty cool dude.
>>
>>28503022
Here's my email [email protected]
It took me a while.
So there's crazy drugs you can mix with an overdose of sleeping pills for crazy fantasies & hallucinations.

During middle school I wasn't aware my drugs were the cause of these fantasies.

I had a recurring nightmare, where I woke up in my room, went downstairs and opened a door that led to a dungeon.
A skeleton stabbed me, I screamed & woke up. Ran downstairs, and there was a door open that led to the dungeon. I went back down there and died again.

Scared out of my mind, I woke up.. was too scared to go downstairs and started screaming for my mom.

I heard someone opening the door for my room as I looked to see if it was my mom and it was a fucking skeleton that came upstairs to kill me.

I screamed and woke up, immediately started screaming and my mom got mad telling me I woke her up, I left my room to go to her room to tell her what happened and to my surprise she was turned into some kind of insect thing, and immediately lunged at me.

Scared the flying fuck out of me!
What woke me up was I started hearing the noise of this one song, and realized I was dreaming.

Everytime I went to sleep I always played a specific playlist, and this time I was able to hear the music through my dreams, and that was enough to wake me up.
Things got way more immersive after this nightmare, and that's when I started having imaginary worlds.
>>
File: pt1.jpg (143 KB, 650x927) Image search: [Google]
pt1.jpg
143 KB, 650x927
>>28503720
So i continously had dreams that got more & more immersive.

My family never properly raised me or talked to me.
I was under the illusion that the things that happened in my dreams were real.

Overdosing on sleep medicine while taking 3 other medication for different things. (anxiety, etc) Made it where I would get trapped in my dreams.
I had imaginary friends at the time also, so it was very easy for me to interpret my situation differently.

Every dream I had, felt 10x longer than it actually was. And because I believed my dreams were real, it helped lengthened how long the dream was lasting. (Dreams work better if you can fully convince yourself of it)

I had a dream where I was supposed to be a chosen one.
I didn't really do much in that dream, I was too scared. A lot of dreams put me against my phobias when the dream went too long.

I had one last thing to do to save everyone, and they had to launch me to the top of this one tower with this giant slingshot, but I was scared of heights. Right when they launched me I woke up.

When I went back to sleep, in my next dream I was in a world that was destroyed, it was a result of me failing to help everyone. After this fucking nightmare, I conjured up this imaginary world and I was constantly in a state of imagining myself in the world, even while awake.

I'd go to school while thinking about the other world, and how I'm trying to help people. I never asked to be the main character, but I felt responsible for everyone's suffering, it felt like they were in an alternate dimension, and not that I was imagining all of this. I believed I had a power that let me go into other worlds with my conscience.
>>
File: Nora.jpg (132 KB, 850x1023) Image search: [Google]
Nora.jpg
132 KB, 850x1023
>>28503971
The only people who I opened up to about these dreams were Nora & ***
I was obsessed about dreams, and wondering about religion.
I have religious family that kept talking about there being Gods.
I started believing I was a chosen one IRL
That it's my fate to help people in dreams.
I think this played a part in having long-lasting recurring dreams.

I could have a dream in the same world, for months.
Nora & *** gave me special powers in my dreams.
I believed that they joined me and helped me fight monsters.

Nora had the power to transform into guns and other weapons.
I used her mainly to turn into guns.
*** had the ability to transform into armor, shields and so on.

Together we'd come up with strategies to get through our dream together.
When we make it out alive, we'd laugh together, and they'd cheer me on.

Whenever I struggled in school or something else, they'd help me feel better when I get home.

I haven't even told my own family that I loved them, but I always told my imaginary friends that I love them.

Nora & *** started possessing different stuffed animals.
I brought them with me to school and ended up getting in fights over it.

I would hug nora while at school and the bullying got so bad I had to transfer schools.. like 7 times.

Then they suggested I stop bringing them to school by 8th grade.
I know this story probably got cringey I'll stop.
no one is prob reading anyway, and anon didn't send me email.
>>
God damn you're one crazy bastard wtf my imagination is dull as fuck compared to that
>>
I have imaginary friends too, have had the same ones since I was a kid, usually anime characters or some shit. sometimes I make new ones, if I want more friends.

I just want to die
>>
File: Shadow.jpg (21 KB, 260x293) Image search: [Google]
Shadow.jpg
21 KB, 260x293
>>28504262
You can't control it.
I have lost lots of imaginary friends.
Even *** is gone now, I think reason I still have Nora
is because she's part of my name.
I'm too scared to make new ones.
I still end up doing it subconsciously but I will NEVER
give them a name. There was a 3rd friend along with nora & ***
He disappeared and took some of my memory with him.
I don't know how he did that, but I can't remember what he looks like or anything anymore.

I just know he exists, he DID exist.
I think the Shadow took it from me.

>>28504434
I'm glad I'm not the only one with imaginary friends.
>>
Yeah I used to have imaginary friends. Back when I was a kid I read lots of blogs about psychic powers, and they were all "you gotta talk to your subconscious, man". So I did that by giving "the voice in my head" a body. Of course as a teenage boy, I made it a girl and eventually fell in love with it. And it never actually helped me bend spoons.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.