[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots who spent time in a psych ward. How much time was it and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 18
File: psych-ward.jpg (111 KB, 1024x458) Image search: [Google]
psych-ward.jpg
111 KB, 1024x458
Robots who spent time in a psych ward. How much time was it and what was it like?
>>
About 2 weeks.

Exciting at first, after years as a NEET even a place like that was a breath of fresh air, but my last 3-4 days were hellishly boring.

Highlights were breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks, the occasional cute girl, exercise time, and sleep (until I got a room mate who was a epic snorer)

The doctors and therapist were pretty shit, they talk to you for 15 minutes and throw drugs at you every other day to see what sticks.

4/10 experience
>>
I spent a weekend in one because i told my mom I wanted to kill myself or whatever.

Cost about $1k for an ambulance ride to literally take me across the street. Then it was several thousand more for all the shit they offer you once you're in.

Handling the bills made my life shitty all over again but the short time I spent there was fun and memorable. They offered art therapy and exercise activities that included all the other patients.

I met a very deviant type girl there who I ended up hanging out with a bit after we got out. Let's just say I discovered that I don't posses anywhere near the amount of capital required to lead a relationship and be confident so it didn't work out.
>>
Is it true they don't let you use your phone and take it away from you?
>>
Lol I've been 7 times to 4 different hospitals.

It really depends of your state of mind going in. The first I would say we're hell but I checked my self into one 2 weeks ago because I needed a vacation.

I don't know there kinda sad watching how these people were probably fucked up by their parents or society, a lot of young people there.

But I don't know you meet interesting people that can relate to you, smoke a bunch of cigarettes, get 3 good meals a day, getting some social interaction with people is really good sometimes. I got out like a week ago and haven't spoken to anyone but when I was in there I was having conversations with everyone and people seemed interested in me. This ham beast asked me if I had a gf and started giving me hugs but then she must have peed her pants or something she stunk like piss by a 1 foot radius like a radioactive material I couldn't be around her.

Any way I have more stories I'll keep posting if the thread stays alive.

The last time I was in when I swallowed the pills they gave me the first thought that came into my head was
>you fell for the powdered Jew

Literally redpilled
>>
File: 1462577504532.jpg (356 KB, 1264x1818) Image search: [Google]
1462577504532.jpg
356 KB, 1264x1818
>>28501396
Saw a large indian man escape
Too many weirdos I do not recommend
>>
>>28501545
Did it work? Did it normalize you? Did you get a gf after you got out?
>>
>>28501799
>7 timmes 4 different hospitals

Over a span of how many years?
>>
>>28501735
Yeah they take pretty much everything except clothes and books.
They take you show laces and cut your drawstrings in your clothes so you can't hang yourself or strangle someone.
>>
>>28501874
Sounds pretty fucking boring
>>
File: 1449646051075.png (191 KB, 596x687) Image search: [Google]
1449646051075.png
191 KB, 596x687
>>28501840
>Did it work?

Nah, it was more like a reset of my crazy meter. Too much crazy built up over the years until it spilled out and I landed there, when I came back I felt refreshed, but at my core I was still the same old loser.

>Did it normalize you?

It set me on the path. Got my GED and learners permit, but the future is still bleak, those meager accomplishments are nothing at 24.

>Did you get a gf after you got out?

lol

Did it normalize you? Did you get a gf after you got out?
>>
>>28501869
Been in and out of those places for about 5 or 6 years.
First time I went my dad hit me cuz I wouldn't do the dishes. So I called the cops and they said he could because of corporal punishment. I was like fuck you I'm gonna jump of the cliffs then, so they handcuffed me and put me on a 72 hour hold aka 5150.

The second time I took a bunch of adderall and went into psychosis and broke a mirror off the wall at my high school because I legitimately thought it was recording me.
>>
The first time 6 weeks

At first I thought they made a mistake but like all crazy people I didn't believe I was crazy. Second was the whole atmosphere of the place I was used to hostile, violent places but here was different.

Later on my stay I liked it so much I didn't want to leave. Sure they was the occasional person who talk to me but I let that slide because really what could they do to me.

The nursing staff let me act out a little bit but when it came to violence they would shut me down completely. The psychologists would talk to me for about 30 minutes each day usually in the morning.

Didn't have no friends going in so I was alone all the time and didn't make any friends while I was inside so that was okay.

Overall the first time was the best time spent 2 weeks the second time in the psych ward and only 1 week the third time. The drugs I could have done without but it was their ward so I needed to live by their rules.

7/10 would do it again hopefully soon
>>
4 months involuntary was my longest

2 weeks involuntary was my shortest

Was in a high security PICU because I kept assaulting staff and breaking shit, was depot'd a few times because I smashed up the de-stim and seclusion room (lol they laughed at me and said it couldn't be done)

The place is filled with attentionwhores most of the time who just want people to notice them, all of them being women btw

the men just kept to themselves

the doctorss where all female who didn't understand male problems or cared

they just lock you in a box without giving a fuck, went 2 days without eating or drinking one time not even lying

currently being investigated by officials
>>
>>28501396
Boring af if you're a pretty stimulated person, especially if you're a teen like most people who go into psych wards.
>>
>>28502048
also anyone who says they enjoyed mental health hospitals clearly where never sectioned involuntarily in a high security ward

I wasn't even allowed visits or calls from family

I was alone and it was making me even worse

jail was better than that shit hole, I seriously hope most of the patientss and all of the workers drop dead desu
>>
>>28502115
Depends on what country you're from. Aus Psych wards are pretty decent
>>
File: 87guib.png (229 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
87guib.png
229 KB, 500x544
spent a few days at a time on a few occasions, it was shitty.
there's the typical depressed kids (that are just old enough to be in the adult ward) mixed in with the legit crazies.
pretty much nothing to do except sleep.
I don't want to get conspiracy-y, but I don't think the meds they gave me were right, they make you so out-of-it like you're a wild animal that needs to be tranquilized. at one point, first time in my life, I blacked out talking to one of the nurses and they didn't do anything. I was legitimately confused, one second I was talking and holding a book, the next minute I'm looking down at my book on the floor, no in-between. Plus, made my eye twitchy, drove me nuts.
The other patients are probably the best part, listening to their life stories, even if it's sad. Like the homeless dudes that get admitted monthly like clockwork because it's the one place they can get treatment and a clean bed. Or the chick who was there because she was lucid during an abortion and it messed her up.
Sharing your own reason for being there sucks, though, moreso being mandatory.
It's kinda like a vacation from your daily-scheduled crazy, but it all comes back eventually. Plus, even with insurance, you'll go home with a nice big bill. I was there for maybe a week or less and got a fat $3000 bill to which I still get debt collection calls almost two years later.
That said, depends on where you go and your insurance and all that. Still, I wouldn't really recommend it.
>>
>>28502144
the UK, we're known for treating Mental Health patients worse than prisoners

I was dehydrated and starved in that place, the workers where selfish as fuck, the only good workers where the Nigerian Agency people, seriously, they actually sneaked me food a few times because they could see how sickly I was

he then got bollocked by the head nurse for feeding me, felt sorry for him

His name was Ola
>>
4 years + 6 months in prison mental health wing. All started with a bad affray which desu wasn't entirely my fault. Then couldn't hack prison after going mental on one of the screws they put me on the loon wing for psychosis, then got transfered to rampton after another assault which once again wasn't actualy my fault. Rampton is the worst place, it's never quiet and everyone (except a few actualy pretty decent people) are either degenerate sex offenders or violent af. Then got transfered to a low secure and am now out in public :))
>>
>>28502298
>"psychosis"
you do realise how rare it is to be diagnosed with psychosis right? attentionwhores nowadays don't even try lmao
>>
File: 1454522500877.jpg (55 KB, 416x600) Image search: [Google]
1454522500877.jpg
55 KB, 416x600
Free meals and no obligations, but the only thing you could really do is read or watch TV.
If you want to get out early, play their game.
The psych ward I went to had you attend group therapy sessions and "task groups" (where they have you do art projects designed for five year olds). Be sure to attend and participate in all of these.
I originally was signed up for two weeks involuntary but got out in 5 days because I bent over.
The psych ward I went to forced an "outpaitent program" once you were discharged, which is basically more group therapy.
>>
>>28501396
nobody likes you
fuck off
>>
>>28502219
Fuck mate that sounds like absolute shit. The Psych wards I've been here are pretty good besides the absolute bordem. They keep you well fed, They school you and treat you like normal people but with fucked up mental issues
>>
>>28502344
When did I say I was diagnosed with it?
>>
>>28502387
>was put in a higher security ward without being diagnosed as a reason
lol
>>
>>28501664
>merica'
Had crippling depression and parents made me stay in one of those for about 2 weeks.

I payed nothing and still had the full treatment. Not that it did help much, but staff was very nice and it didn't cost me anything. Europe n' shieet.
>>
>>28502365
Not true.
I like anon.
Don't bully.
>>
>>28502373
He's chatting absolute shit, spent a bit of time in ashworth which is a high secure and unless you fuck about you can get education, well fed, decent amount of time in courtyard, regular visits. Was on a 37/41 btw, which is the most restricted patient you can be and I felt I was treated fine.
>>
Three times, one week each.
It was terrible. We spent like 30-45 minutes in our room inbetween activities. It was like a prison. They wouldn't even let you bring anything into the rooms in case you tried to harm yourself or others.
>>
>>28502344
Psychosis is pretty rare as far as mental disorders go, but in mental wards, most patients have a psychotic type disorder, schizophrenia or bipolar type 1, for example. It's not incredibly rare.
>>
>>28502410
>reading comprehension
>what is it
Being put on a mental health wing doesn't even require a doctor, they put anyone who acts a bit mad there, obviously I was later diagnosed and moved to rampton.
>>
>>28502443
No, I'm not chatting absolute shit mate. Britain's MH services are completely fucked

I'm not the first person to be mistreated in the same hospital I was in, they even did a documentary on my hospital for all of it's unexplained deaths

when I lived in america they baker-acted me too, but they put me on some pills and I was out in 2 weeks

better system than ours mate
>>
>>28502462
It isn't a diagnosis, it's a sympton and it's very likely anon could've been assesed to suffer psychosis before being given a diagnosis.
>>
>>28502538
Well yeah, psychosis on its own isn't a diagnosis, so it is pretty rare to be diagnosed with something that doesn't exist.
>>
>>28502510
Are you talking about one of the four NHS high secures in the UK? NHS mh are way better than private, you don't get fucked over so much.
>>
>>28502443
also, I wasn't given access or leave, literally none. I wasn't allowed outside more than one time a week and the workers where selfish as fuck

just because you went to a hospital that has a high secure ward doesn't mean you where IN the high secure ward.
Fuck I still have the risk assesment
>>
>>28502607
it was a private hospital funded by the NHS, I was put in an acute ward but was a bit too aggressive for their liking so I was sent to a PICU
>>
>>28502633
Mate ashworth is a high secure hospital, it's all high secure? And it's very rare for patients to get section 17 leave whilst in a high secure, hardly anyone is on a section 3 for a start.
>>
>>28502633
No-one in high security gets leave or any access to anything, they're in high security for a reason. I've been in high security wards at points, and didn't get any leave, they move you do a lower security ward before they consider letting you out, or even have visitors.
>>
>>28502689
I signed the weekly section 17 papers but didn't get any leave, seriously, they even read me my rights once a month even though I wasn't treated fairly

all these papers are just bullshit to cover their arses mate.

Ashworth is for the criminally insane and the patients rarely see a release date, if anyone is chatting shit it's you.

>>28502762
Well is being starved and dehydrated reasonable as well? I didn't give a fuck about the no visits, tv, internet, or leave/access

all they did was dope me up on pills that made me worse and that gave them more of a reason to section me

I didn't even have a mental illness, I was just an aggressive fucker
>>
>>28502836
>Well is being starved and dehydrated reasonable as well?

No, and I doubt it happened. If it did, you should have contacted any of the numerous advocacy groups to come and do something about it that are explicitly designed to avoid that shit.

>I didn't even have a mental illness, I was just an aggressive fucker

You're talking shit, aggressive people just go to prison and stay in prison, it's literally what it's designed for. If you were in high security, you were fucking insane, and considered not only dangerous, but incapable of being held responsible for oyu own actions.
>>
>>28502836
No one gets a release date in hospital, unless they're on a civil section or been to a tribunal which I went through to get out. Also there are plenty in Ashworth whove never commited a crime, I've known people who have gone up from open units.
>>
>>28502906
So many people in all hospitals are completely sane.
>>
>>28502939
That's what they'd tell you, but trust me mate, it just doesn't happen. You have to be assessed before you ever get put into a ward, and if you're not crazy or massively suicidal, you don't go in there. And most people who get picked up for suicide are heavily depressed anyway.
>>
>>28502906
>f it did, you should have contacted any of the numerous advocacy groups to come and do something about it that are explicitly designed to avoid that shit.
see>>28502048
and read it carefully

and no I was not insane, I just had a history of mental health problems and was taking meds at the time

I WAS in jail once because of my aggression, and I can 100% honestly say that jail is better than mental health wards

at least in jail they don't chemically castrate you and condescend and belittle you.
Unless you've had some passive aggressive midle aged woman tell you that you can't have any food, you don't know real anger
>>
A week and it was great, I spoke to more people that week than I did the entire year. Even flirted with a nurse and another patient. Made a bro, read a book, cracked jokes, and played pong.

I honestly think being away from the internet was the best part of it...
>>
>>28503042
Sure, I missed the part about officials, but that still doesn't mean that the situation was as bad as you're putting it.

>and no I was not insane
>I just had a history of mental health problems and was taking meds at the time

Do you not see the contradiction between going "No, I'm not insane, I'm just medicated for mental illness, of which I have a long history". You were mentally ill anon.

>Unless you've had some passive aggressive midle aged woman tell you that you can't have any food, you don't know real anger

I've been in wards, and you get fed at food time generally in high security wards, unless you have to miss meal for whatever reason, and then you're just fed later. Are you seriously expecting me to believe that the nurses just spitefully refused to feed you for no reason at all? And that no-one brought this up at any point or over-ruled them? Head nurses don't give a fuck about what goes on or what nurses think as long as there's no chance of them getting sued and the ward going to shit. You being refused food is absolutely something they'd fire a nurse over.
>>
5 days in one. It was mostly just boring. I didn't interact with anyone except for the doctors and in the mandatory group sessions. The other patients were complete fucking morons, and I don't even consider myself that intelligent. They were all just painfully stupid, and not a single qt crazy girl.

I mostly just read in bed and was left alone. It was actually a nice break, and the feeling of having no work or other responsibilities for a few days was nice. I wouldn't recommend it though. It's hard to get them to release you if you're there involuntarily. Eventually I just lied and convinced them that my suicide attempt was actually just cutting and I didn't intend to die. My shrink also helped get me out by saying he'd follow up with me closely.
>>
>>28503140
I was an insomniac and was never woken up for meal times, I slept literally all day because there was nothing else to do

I got fed now and then, not saying I was completely starved but I did have to go days without food before I deprived myself of sleep to stay awake for meal times

>still replying to me
you're practically begging to get raped
address?
>>
>>28503185
>I was an insomniac
> I slept literally all day because there was nothing else to do

Makes no sense, you're saying you couldn't sleep, but that you were sleeping all day? Kind of mutually exclusive.

>ot saying I was completely starved
>I was dehydrated and starved in that place
>Well is being starved and dehydrated reasonable as well?

But you literally did say you were starved and dehydrated.

>before I deprived myself of sleep to stay awake for meal times
So, let me get this straight? You just fucking slept through meal times, and didn't go to them. You weren't refused food, you just didn't go to the meals. Those are very different things.

>you're practically begging to get raped
Was this meant to be a funny rebuttal at some point?
>>
>>28503185
Longest time in seclusion? Not counting pussy boy de-stim
>>
>>28503265
I couldn't sleep at night, even if I was extremely tired I couldn't sleep intul daytime

not completely, just days at a time. Read my first post again

it's their job to wake me up senpai, I was apparently " le mentally ill XDD"
they can't have it both ways

and no you really are making me horny, I'm not joking. I want to forcibly take your anal virginity

now I repeat. Address?
>>28503266
5 days because I broke into the kitchen and hit a few staff members and wouldn't calm down

all they fed me was toast, I literally lived off of toast for 5 days straight
>>
Was discharged a couple of weeks ago, only stood for a week. It was alright, I didn't know this at the time but I was in there with Stoya. I talked to her a little bit and even hugged her when I left.
>>
>>28501396
I'm not a patient but i work at one.

The only time I come near them though is when delivering or picking up stuff though.
>>
>>28501396
I had no control over my life was told what to do, people look at me with either pity or contempt
and sometimes I hear them talk about how good we have it having a free roof over our heads and three meals a day jut given to us.

not all that different from life outside of one really.
>>
>tfw got kicked out of outpatient group therapy
>>
>>28503420
>it's a le quirky anon actually wants to participate with MHS episode
no really, what did you do? Tell me some of your whacky antics man. I'm all ears.
>>
>>28503343
Seclusion makes or breaks a man anon, I was completely butt naked in mine for choking on my clothes lmao, though only did 3 days max seems like longer.
>>
>>28503343
>I couldn't sleep at night, even if I was extremely tired I couldn't sleep intul daytime

That's not insomnia, and is indicative of other mental illness. Insomnia is simply having difficulty getting to sleep, not being unbale to sleep until a certain time every day is osmething else.

>not completely, just days at a time. Read my first post again

My point is that you weren't starved, you just didn't go to meals, and that you're backpedalling.

>it's their job to wake me up senpai, I was apparently " le mentally ill XDD"

Not necessarily. If you aren't sleeping until day time, they can't force you to eat or get up, and it can be just as beneficial to force you to wake up in order to eat, which worked.

>I was apparently " le mentally ill XDD"

You were literally mentally ill, putting le and an ecksdee face with it doesn't make it less true. Odds are none of this happened at all though.

>and no you really are making me horny, I'm not joking. I want to forcibly take your anal virginity

How old are you anon? Because this attempt at just taking away from the rest of what I'm saying, not to mention ignoring points that don't suit you makes me think you can't be any older than 18 ,at the absolute most.
>>
>>28503445
I just acted like an autist and they told me I had to leave
>>
>>28503480
He'd have to be over 18 because juvenile hospitals only go up to medium secure.
>>
>>28503521
True, but they can put people in high security wards if they absolutely need to, you don't have to be put in a juvenile or adolescent ward if it's not appropriate. I was put in high security at 16 for a short while.
>>
2 days. Short time but it was hell. Food has preservatives and theyd put you in your room for 3 hours a day and you werent allowed to leave.
>>
>>28503555
I find it hard to believe that the absolute bad men that get moved up early are posting on r9k tbph
>>
>>28503473
The only reason I was let out because I was a sleep during the every-2-hour review

plus the temporary doctor was a real bro with me
>>28503480
I'm seriously not mentally ill, maybe a little mental disorder here and there, but no fucking way am I some nutter

I lost 12kg the first three months, I'm pretty sure that's malnourished tier

they didn't even try to knock on my cel- I mean, "bedroom" door. The workers had to eat the same food as us to prevent people getting hold of stuff we aren't supposed to have, my theory was the more food for them the better

Also, babe, I'm 19. So I guess I'm old enough to make you my little bitchboy?
contact details?

does it not flatter you that a so called "mentally ill" person is sstroking their cock to the thought of sodomizing you anon?

Also, I still have my risk assessment papers, I assure you this happened
>>28503481
>not being an autist 24/7 such as myself
ARE YOU SERIOUS

FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
File: 1368646785000.png (283 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1368646785000.png
283 KB, 600x580
1 week. It was at a minor's government psych ward in the third world. I was 16 years old.

We had one TV which the nurses only turned on from 6PM to 10PM (sleep time). The beds looked like those WWII movies hospital beds. The place was pretty run-down. Males and females were separated, I'm a female so I was with the girls and our place had no garden unlike the male ward. We were only let outside twice a week for a walk with the security and nurses. We had to wake up at 8AM every day to take a shower. Most of the girls were there for suicide attempts except for 2 that were legit crazy, one had dementia at 14 and the other auditory schizophrenia. Some days before I left a cute 10yo girl with slight mental retardation got it, you couldn't actually tell she had it but she couldn't read and other intellectual stuff. The food was awful. The nurses were mean as fuck and tied you to the bed for small shit. There was a spooky ward for old people between the female and male ward and one day the nurses took us there to spook us. I laughed my ass off because I was nervous but it was pretty bad, 60 years old sitting on concrete floor with diapers, otherwise naked and with no hair, couldn't even speak or move. I got released after one week because I behaved well. I didn't even took the drugs they gave me, dumb nurses didn't search under my lips lmao.
>>
>>28503591
Are you still on a 41?
>>
File: IMG_20160535.jpg (295 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160535.jpg
295 KB, 1125x1500
>>28501396
Went in under the pretense that I was possibly developing schizophrenic but that turned out to be shit and I'm not psychotic at all.

I enjoyed it the first time, not so much the second. It takes all the stress away from you and you can just sit in bed and study all day with 3 meals a day (when that fat fucking bitch doesn't grab multiple meals). You get to talk with some older guys with serious mental illnesses that have suffered their entire life. It's nice to be around people like that.

I wish I was in a ward forever and just allowed to go out to do a uni course or something. I find it funny they let me out, I'm very good at faking being 'cured'.
>>
>>28503583
I wasn't a bad dude, I just had a bad episode of psychosis that resulted in someone getting hurt. I wasn't there for long, just to monitor and reassess me.

>>28503591
>I'm seriously not mentally ill, maybe a little mental disorder here and there, but no fucking way am I some nutter

Why were you in a high security ward then anon? What was it you did that got you put in there?

>I lost 12kg the first three months, I'm pretty sure that's malnourished tier
It's not abuse if you're refusing to eat regularly, it's your choice.

>they didn't even try to knock on my cel- I mean, "bedroom" door

How would you even know if you were asleep?

>my theory was the more food for them the better

You think they abused you in order to eat more shitty hospital food? You realise they can eat whatever, right?

>Also, babe, I'm 19. So I guess I'm old enough to make you my little bitchboy?

Sure you are, that explains why you seem to think this is helpful at all. It just makes you look retarded anon.

>Also, I still have my risk assessment papers, I assure you this happened

Post them then, as well as some proof they're yours, don't just keep saying you have them.
>>
>>28503632
No, completely discharged and my social workers don't bother anymore

>>28503685
Give me your contact info, I'll give you all the proof you want qt

>How would you even know if you were asleep?
3 different patients told me
>Sure you are, that explains why you seem to think this is helpful at all. It just makes you look retarded anon.
I'm literally turning 20 next month
>>
>>28503685
Caught yourself out there anon, everone knows high secure rooms either have cameras or windows with curtains/ blinds in the door.
>>
>>28503750
>3 different patients told me

So you're trusting mentally ill people? And not only that, you're acting as if you know better than the mental health professionals, despite you clearly having mental illness?

>I'm literally turning 20 next month

I'm literally turning 300 next month. Claiming something's true doesn't make it so. Especially with you thinking going "haha I want to have the sex with you" is relevant at all.

>Give me your contact info, I'll give you all the proof you want qt

Post it here my dude, black out any info we can identify you from.

Also, once again, good job ignoring the vast majority of my points.

>>28503755
How so? I'm not actually sure what you're referring to here, I never said they didn't.
>>
>>28503850
just give me your e-mail/skype or something

what's the matter? don't be nervous when it's just you and me, I'll treat you right <3
>>
>>28503850
seriously post your email you fucking whore
>>
File: IMG_201601524.jpg (642 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_201601524.jpg
642 KB, 2000x1500
>tfw no mentally ill friends

>>28503922
You scared of the internet, faggot?
>>
>>28504129
no just madly in love desu

post email
>>
8 days. Probably would have been a lot longer but I bullshitted my way out.

I kind of regret doing that, because during the last 3 days I was there some cute girls arrived and some other folks my own age. And some nursing students came around and I ended up bullshitting with them too.

It figures the only place women will actually talk to me is in the crazy bin. It was relaxing as fuck though, would go again if I had to(which is looking more and more likely as the days pass.)
>>
File: IMG_2016011.jpg (952 KB, 2643x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2016011.jpg
952 KB, 2643x1500
>>28504158
I want mentally ill friends
>>
>>28504158
That dude wasn't me, no throwaway I can access right now though my dude, calm down.
>>
>>28504282
manlet kun you should go back to gym
>>28504306
then how the fuck am i gonna plow your arse
>calm down when I'm in love
no shet up
>>
>>28501396

went for about3 months when I was like 10. It was alright, i was kinda incredibly confused at the time and had no idea why i was there or what they were gonna try and get me to do. I just went with the flow and got good boy points (lol) if you got a golden star for 3 weeks you could play a gameboy colour for 15 minutes and this was like 2006-2007
it was alright, I was pretty fine compared to the friends I made there , i wish i knew there last names so i could find out how they're going. I just went for an array of anxiety issues I later found out, but there where anorexics etc... Kinda over the top to have me there for so long for something so minor but hey, what can you do.

tl:dr

they're boring.
>>
>>28501963
what does it feel like to spill out the crazy?
>>
File: 1461434476567.jpg (34 KB, 427x300) Image search: [Google]
1461434476567.jpg
34 KB, 427x300
Been there 4 times now.
One time when I was 11, anger problems, spent 2 weeks there.
Second time when I was 12 or 13, can't remember. Anger problems and suicidal thoughts. About three weeks I think, can't really remember.
Third time when I was 14, four weeks, anger problems and just depression.
And the most recent, a lil before february i think, was 15 at the time. And same shit, anger problems and depression.
Birthday was on 4/20.
It kinda helps for a few weeks but then you go back to the same shit and and down the shitter it all goes. What really helps for me is going to these, y'know social groups, where you stay for a few hours and talk about your problems, and socialise with your peers.
>>
>>28501396
I spent 3 days voluntarily in one. Well, not really voluntarily. I was told I could either go voluntarily or my case worker would call the crisis response team who would have committed involuntarily. I got out without an AMA being signed by bullshitting.

I chose voluntary because being involuntarily committed carried a lot of consequences with it like losing certain rights, losing my job, and the potential for being locked up longer than would be comfortable.

I also technically wasn't in a hospital. I was in what they called an 'evaluation and treatment' facility. Still had a sort of hospital vibe though.

At night they do safety checks every 30 minutes and they check your vitals at 7am. Breakfast was at 8am, lunch was at 12pm and dinner at 6pm. They controlled everything. You were allowed 2 changes of clothes, personal hygiene kit, 1 pair of shoes, 2 books, and you could keep 2 cups of water in your room.

The food was alright. It was literally prison food, but it really wasn't that bad.

The people were pretty chill. Most of the people there were older, like 40+ and were there for suicide prevention or manic episodes. There was only one other guy with a psychotic disorder and he spent his time wandering the halls talking to the voices. I wasn't in for psychosis though, I went in for suicide prevention.

Only guy there that was around my age was so doped up on meds that he didn't talk. Only thing he ever said was when he asked if I wanted his cookies. My roommate was an bipolar alcoholic in his late 40s currently having a manic episode. He was all over the place. One minute he was dead serious, the next he was laughing his ass off.

There was also group therapy and activities. Mainly coloring and talking about ways of coping or recovering. I didn't talk to many of the people there since I was the youngest. Spent most of my time reading or watching TV in the lounge.
>>
>>28501807
Was it in the 70s in Oregon?
>>
Registered Nurse who works in an acute adult mental health unit. Ask me anything my dudes
>>
It was pretty nice. Good food, I had my phone, and snuck in a lot of my own DVDs to watch.

I think some of the scenes of heads exploding in Drive might have traumatized some of the more sensitive patients lol

Worst thing was a genius IQ schizo who got into the PA system and threatened code black (bomb) - and he definitively could have made one if he wanted too
>>
>>28505562
Why are some of you really cool and others cunts who seem like former patients
>>
>>28501396
Was hospitalized 4 times as a teenager. Each stay was about 3 weeks. Food was good. We played a lot of board games. If a nurse won we all went to our rooms at 9:00 without bitching and moaning. If a patient won a nurse had to buy us junkfood and we'd get to stay in the common room until midnight. Was pretty fun.
>>
>>28505596
The second most important thing behind medications which needs to be used to help patients get better is yourself and your interactions with patients. Either a) the nurse is introverted and theyve been in the job for like 30 years and have nothing else to give or b) theyre simply lazy and dont wanna make chit chat cause it would mean actually doing some work
>>
Tfw my oneitis is a psyche nurse
Tfw I want to be re committed so I can profess my love to her
>>
File: image.png (530 KB, 668x504) Image search: [Google]
image.png
530 KB, 668x504
>>28502364
>Free meals and no obligations, but the only thing you could really do is read or watch TV.

What's the problem again?
>>
>>28501396
I WANT TO GO BACK
I WANT TO GO BACK
I WANT TO GO BACK

I'm done with life
>>
>>28506078
imagine having to watch some crime drama SUV show every night

like a caricature of tv but it's real and it's all you have

for 2 hours every night surrounded by idiots that like this shit
>>
File: triggering intensifies gif.jpg (3 KB, 106x125) Image search: [Google]
triggering intensifies gif.jpg
3 KB, 106x125
>>28501799
Yeah my mom tried to send me to one. She accused me of wanting to kill her. My mother is a sadistic control freak and I said I would straight up leave Christian society if they did that. Im fucking fanatically religious and have been for 16 years and I told that cunt I will move to India and become a renunciate if they put me on mind control drugs. Its weird my parents get so offended by me meditating and talk shit example. Dad finds me meditating possessed by love and tries to intimidate me which doesn't work so he threatens to erase all the shows saved on tv and then later that day they are all erased and he says he didn't do it. Thats the shit I deal with. I remember my mom saying sarcastically with hate "HE MUST BE THE CHOSEN ONE!". Then the other day I had been meditating on god for DAYS and was in a heightened conscious state cause of it and you would of thought the way she treats me for it that I was a baby raper. When I stood up to her for emotionally raping me like she has done my whole life she cried and tried to twist it on me saying I want to kill her. Today they kept trying to scare me that someone is going to rob me; I don't give a flying fuck.
>>
File: 1462379248968.gif (490 KB, 250x273) Image search: [Google]
1462379248968.gif
490 KB, 250x273
I've been feeling extremely suicidal for the past few weeks.
I'm afraid I'm going to actually go through with it when I eventually hit another low point
Will going to a psych eats for a few days help?
>>
>>28501545
>hlights were breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks, the occasional cute girl, exercise time, and sleep (until I got a room mate who was a epic snorer)
>The doctors and therapist were pretty shit, they talk to you for 15 minutes and throw drugs at you every other day to see what sticks.

what the fuck, are you me?
>>
>>28501396
about a week

it was great I guess. I didn't have to worry about anything. No internet or vidya, but I guess that just gave me more time to talk to other people
>>
File: image.jpg (455 KB, 752x1021) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455 KB, 752x1021
depression from military, wanted to anhero

thrown into psych ward, was more like a asylum, alot of old people, it was like 40 people crammed into one big room to sleep. all guys

crazy people are friendly and tell me many stories

some are just downright weird

one had terminal cancer and was going to die, never saw him again

i stayed for a week

was ok at first, then really boring, then i started to feel like if i continued talking to these people i would lose my grip on reality

even today i still feel like i will eventually lose it

funny how i was just depressed but locked in a asylum.
>>
This thread is a reminder why you should NEVER trust normies or talk about any problems you might be having. They will throw you into an asylum without a hint of remorse.
>>
>>28506078
That's absolutely all you can do. You might feel like you don't do much anyway, but being told you can't do anything but that is fucked, and all you do is think about how you'd rather do other things.
>>
>>28507579
It could do, yeah, and if you feel like you're unsafe without being sure you want to kill yourself for good reason, then you should definitely go, they're designed for that.

Go in organised though, tell your psych that you're feeling unsafe, and want to get an organised admission to a ward, it gives you more freedoms in the ward than coming in through the ER.
>>
>>28507579
No. They're good temporarily but the instant you get out you're back into your mood.

The psych told me the highest rate of suicide was for the recently dismissed. Much of the time when people get out of a depressive slump with meds they have the energy to do what they want, what they want just so happens to be suicide

Hilarity
>>
>>28508446
>The psych told me the highest rate of suicide was for the recently dismissed. Much of the time when people get out of a depressive slump with meds they have the energy to do what they want, what they want just so happens to be suicide

That's not entirely why they do it, some just aren't treated properly, and it's a very select population of people who've already shown inclination to severe mental illness and self destructive behaviour. It's like saying that the highest rate of violent assault is amongst people convicted of violent assault, it goes without saying.

But wards absolutely do help people, so long as they're not just going to get out and kill themselves straight away, or lie to get out and kill themselves. If people weren't put in wards, nearly all of the people that go into them would kill themselves, as opposed to it just being relatively high.
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 536x856) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 536x856
>>28505715
Am I your oneitis?
>tfw female psych nurse
>>
>go to sleep
>wake up on the side of the road in front of my sisters place
>ambulance, police, parents, neighbours
>go to hospital
>before they put you into ward they basically put you in a fucking cell and take all your shit
>i want a smoke
>start raging
>wake up on the floor of an xray room where the machine is
>here my mum shout "look at him has anybody gotten him some water"
>dad helps me up
>go to psych ward
>people are fucking nutso i want to leave
>qt3.14 and chads
>some bitch in there for huffing lighter fuel
>other crashed her bike on ice binge
>i was dehydrated
>psych ward
it probably made me more crazy. but whatever im on neet bucks now with not future and the stigma of being in there is more than enough to stop me from chasing any dream i had left (military/mechanic policemen was my safety net)
>>
Boring as fucking shit. Couldn't keep my belongings. Internet was limited and monitored. Movies were shit and all I did was lounge way waiting for the day to pass
>>
>>28502836
Well why were you being autistic and attacking people? I'd put you in a room to rot too to be honest
>>
I was 2 months because I tried to kill myself (with heroin, so the law they used to lock me up with was about substance abuse). It was okay, but a complete waste of time. There was nothing I did during my stay that could be called rehabilitation. All I did was sit on my computer, and once a week I escaped to get high and got back the same evening.
>>
>>28506455
you sound legitimately schizophrenic I feel awful for your parents
>>
File: 1447032348448.jpg (23 KB, 428x271) Image search: [Google]
1447032348448.jpg
23 KB, 428x271
>all of these normals admitting themselves or acting like retards and getting admitted by parents
>tfw extreme risk but refuse to seek "help" because I don't want to be put on a blacklist all my life
>normals don't even know the danger right under their noses.....
>>
>>28502048
>went 2 days without eating or drinking one time not even lying
Two days is fucking nothing.
>>
It was pretty awful. The people working there don't give a single shit about you and just want to go home. I remember going there as a child and being locked in a room with nothing to do and no one ever came into the room or said anything to me for days until my dad came back and picked me up. Didn't really feel like it accomplished anything
>>
>>28501396
I used to work as a cleaner and housekeeping in a psych ward. Ironically enough I was manic depressive during that time and drank before, after and during every shift, ended up having a mental breakdown and literally packing my bag one night (lived with extended family due to shit circumstances), removing the window from the room I was crashing in, climbing down and out of the house then walking 9 hours to the closest train station and hide in a toilet for a trip half way across the nation to rock up at a relatives door.

Probably would have been better off in the psych ward as opposed to helping look after the people in it. Funny is funny sometimes, isn't it? Fucking hilarious.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.