[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /fatherless/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: BlastoiseDad.png (107 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BlastoiseDad.png
107 KB, 500x500
I wish I'd had a good father to help support me as a kid, and to teach me how to be a strong, good man.

Those with bottom-tier dads welcome ITT too.
>>
>tfw bipolar dad who had no idea how to raise you because his father was shit and ended up neglecting you
it's like having gold bars in front of you but you could never take them
>>
>>28500803
>dad's always working, cry when he leaves
>dad always leaves to hang out with his friends after work
>fall asleep when trying to hang out with dad when he's watching star trek
>parents get divorced and dad doesn't fight for visitation
Mom was a nervous wreck constantly beating everyone, I don't understand how people like this could decided to bring children into their situation.
>>
Ah I was made for this one lads
>dad in and out of household all throughout childhood
>never understood why
>never cared or understood, playin dat vidya
>realize eventually that my parents fought a ton, like probably every other day or so when he was actually there
>time comes where I haven't seen him for several months
>never talk to my mom or sperg brother, don't even bother figuring out what's going on, trying to go to work as often as possible and avoid the a'brewing shitstorm
>eventually mom sits me down
>anon, your dad and I are getting divorced, he's been doing and selling crack for 9 years, and I can't take it anymore, I caught him one day a few months ago in the bathroom, and it pushed me over the edge
>nottoosurprised.jpg
>I also suffer from severe clinical depression, and you should know about my suicide attempts
>wat
This is why I never socialize with my family
>>
>>28500803
>dad lives 1500 miles away
>rarely see him, he never even remembers anyways
>had some sort of father figure growing up at least

at least my mom's alright, she's not only okay with me living here, but doesn't want me gone at all
>>
OP here. I'm glad for you guys sharing your sad stories though and I'm sorry, honestly.

But who here is REALLY fatherless though

like, never seen your dad even one time?
>>
>>28502025
Oh, my bad, I'm
>>28501926

Never in my adult life (~15-25), but I've seen him. Probably not in the spirit of your question thinking about it, since I had enough time to learn some basic shit from him
>>
Here. Tbh Ive kinda got over it but shit was tough growing up. I hold no grudges to him and I think he'd be proud of me if he saw me today.
>>
>>28500970
in the same situation. Pretty sure he got involved with drugs and that made it worse. he never shows love to me literally just yells at me and points out my imperfections. Told me when i was 10 he didnt love me. Threw himself down the stairs when i was 11. constantly got in fight with my mom up until recently.
>>
>>28502158

Where should his pride come from if he did fuck all in your life but bust a nut to create you?

If my father were "proud" of me I'd tell him to eat shit and die because he didn't do anything but ejaculate. He has nothing to be proud of.
>>
>>28502025
>>28502158

Me. Until a year ago I hadnt even seen him in pics and all I got is a blurry 80s pic pf him.

Not even registered with a father, on the birth certificate it just says XXXXXXXX.
>>
File: Sky127.jpg (1 MB, 2002x3000) Image search: [Google]
Sky127.jpg
1 MB, 2002x3000
>>28500803
Dad left immediately and Mom left when 8 due to drugs and shit. Not a good feel. Not sure what I'm going to do with my life. I want to run away to America.

Canadafag here.

Pic unrelated, just my waifu.
>>
File: sky10.jpg (140 KB, 796x1200) Image search: [Google]
sky10.jpg
140 KB, 796x1200
>>28500970
Sounds like shit man. In a way not ever knowing your dad is a blessing, because he can't hurt you. If that makes sense.
>>28501026
People rarely decide to have kids, I think. Just sort of happens.
>>28501926
Damn man, sounds like shit. My mom was a cokehead, one time she got me to take my brothers backpack with coke in it and give it to her. I didn't realize it was his. He's a mid-level drug dealer. Not a good feel.
>>28502158
I don't hold any grudges against my Dad. I'd probably leave my Mom, realistically. I wasn't in his shoes so how can I judge him? It's just unfortunate.
>>28502159
That fucking blows, man.

I'm angry at my mother and father in a way, but also just sad for them because I feel like I could end up in the same situation, a drunk/druggie, fucked up, lost in life, and suddenly got a kid.
>>
He left a long time ago in the 90's. When I was around 5. Haven't seen him since. He still associates with 2 of my silbings but not me or my other brother. I have no contact with them either.
>>
File: sky4.jpg (119 KB, 464x650) Image search: [Google]
sky4.jpg
119 KB, 464x650
>>28502918
Do you want to ever contact him?
I've thought about trying to contact my Dad. I pretty easily could. On one hand, it's 50% of who I am. My very genetic being. And I'm not really that mad at him for it. On the other hand, how could I relate to him? What if he's an asshole? Maybe he hates me? I'll probably just forget about it as I age.
>>
My parents were married until I was 13, but my father stayed away as much as possible because he couldn't stand my mother.

Didn't have much interest in me because I was no good at sports and he didn't know how to relate any other way.

I probably qualify as a cyborg rather than a robot, but I have every fucking symptom of being raised by a domineering single mother and an absent father.

It's a little hard to create a functional family when you weren't raised in one.
>>
>>28502189
I suppose he could be proud of the fact that his genes were apparently good enough to create a half-decent child. Not that he chose them, but if they led to good qualities in his child that might imply they led to good qualities in him.
>>
>>28503295
Not really honestly. I never really thought about him much over the years. It does annoy me that not of my family want to know me, but they've made their choice.
>>
File: sky50.jpg (623 KB, 1024x1533) Image search: [Google]
sky50.jpg
623 KB, 1024x1533
>>28503402
I know that feeling. I really desire to find the perfect girl and get enough money for a home and a steady job to raise a bunch of Kids, but I fear it may never happen. That I'm too fucked up for a family life.
>>28503492
Yeah, I often feel the same way. At first, when I learned my dad wasn't just this guy who was dating my mom at the time, I was really shocked. Then I just got used to it and it became something just deep in the background of my mind, not something I worried about too much. But it pops up every once in a while.
>>
File: WORRY.jpg (309 KB, 584x855) Image search: [Google]
WORRY.jpg
309 KB, 584x855
>>28500803
>remember the good times I had with my Dad
>how he'd give me and my sister piggybacks and singing silly songs
>told us stories and always joked about
>over time as we got older he became more distant
>he fought with my sister most of the time (to be fair she was a massive cunt and is only slightly better now)
>he'd just spend nights watching movies by himself and drinking
>my mom can't take his detachment anymore and divorces him
>now he believes in the weirdest fucking shit, like aliens built the pyramids and other even more retarded shit
>always coming up with batshit conspiracy theories
>tfw he seems happy but he's not my dad anymore, that person died a long time ago for me

I honestly don't know what happened. My mom offered and still offers him help every step of the way but he turns it down, like he can't be arsed to deal with his shit, or he's just faking it for sympathy.

I still try to be nice to him but fuck he ain't my father anymore.
>>
>>28500803
I'm glad my dad wasn't around. He was a crack dealer who lived with his mom.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EPCiQUeuqg
thread theme song
>>
All my dad does is work. We don't have any of the same interests and we're both naturally quiet so we never hold a long conversation. Even when my family was together I'd barely see him because he worked so much.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.