[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here grow mushrooms as a hobby? is it any fun? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Anyone here grow mushrooms as a hobby? is it any fun? I'm thinking about picking it up. I'd love to be able to grow something like this in a pot, maybe along with a few different colours of mushrooms, make a nice arrangement.
>>
Have my first batch of cubes (pftek) a couple days away from birthing

Anybody have any advice about how to collect spores, and use them to inoc the next batch?
>>
>>28497827
delicious_candy.jpg
>>
>>28497827
I've grown ferns and vegetables before but definitely want to try this. Good luck anon. Mushrooms are definitely r9k approved comfy-tier flora.
>>
>>28497957
>Collect cap once the veil breaks
> Sterilize a jar
>Place cap gills down in jar
>Cover (doesn't need to be sealed) and wait 24-48 hours
>Remove cap without contaminating jar
>There should be a spore print
>fill with a few oz's of water that has been boiled for 5 mins and cooled to room temp
>Take sterile syringe, stir, suck up solution
>Purge and re-suck it up a few times to mix
>Allow spores to re hydrate for at least a day

Be sterile, use common sense yah should be fine.
>>
I used to grow cubensis. Its fun, not hard to get into. Its not alot of work , just takes a long time for the mycelium to spread. Good hobby with many interesting species to cultivate. Its a good hobby because you can use what you produce
>>
>>28497957
I suggest cloning a big and potent donor shroom instead of spores. Then you can make a Monotub instead of cakes for a forest of equally large and potent shroom
>>
File: SX.png (241 KB, 288x386) Image search: [Google]
SX.png
241 KB, 288x386
All these people talking about growing hallucinogenic mushrooms when you could be growing that gourmet shit to throw in your ramen noodles.

Same setup and same materials.

:^)
>>
>>28500149
Nah, good ramen species (oysters and shiitakes) colonize a wood substrate instead of a soil medium.
>>
>>28497827
It doesn't work like that unfortunately. A pot would likely require total colonization by a single species. You don't get to choose an arrangement of different mushrooms. Also, the actual mushroom itself is just the fruiting body (a basidiocarp or ascocarp) which is a very short phase of its life cycle. Most of it is vegetative growth of hyphae beneath the substrate.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.