[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psychology of texting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Say you send a short text to somebody, a lady friend for example, and she doesn't read it. What I mean is it doesn't say that she's read it, but you know that she did, because the text was short enough for her to no have to open the chat to view it. Despite this, she will not open the chat to formally read the message, because then the little chat notification disappears. That green circle (notification) gives her this great sense of abundance. "Look! Your social life is in such great abundance that you don't even have to read the message that this loser sent you! He's definitely below you on the social hierarchy because he reads his messages!"

It massages her ego, knowing that she hasn't read the message. But, of course, she has read it, and this is key: the message has been read without opening the chat. You have read the message, yet you continually feed your ego by pretending not to have, by pretending to live in such great social abundance, to be so indifferent and disinterested in what your friend has said by not opening the chat. Feigning disinterest elevates you, and the green circle serves as a reminder of the notion that you are desired more than you desire.

But you still read the message.

It's a lie. Your disinterest is a lie. And you believe it because it makes you feel superior, which is pathetic. Your value is based on what others think of you, on how you see yourself through the eyes of others, and the fact that you would deceive yourself about that is the definition of insecurity.
>>
bump

eredeti megjegyzes
>>
>>28496718
more likely she just doesn't have time to respond or doesn't care about you to, and doesn't want to give you the notification that she had read it so she can claim that she just never read it in case she needs to get something from you later without seeming as rude as if she had let you know she read it but was purposefully ignoring it
>>
>>28496718
>Everyone must care as much as i do and are just pretending to not be interested

I don't read your messages because i don't give a fuck what it says and don't want to have a conversation, not everyone thinks this hard about social interactions. If someone's not interested in talking then do something with your day, they probably are.
>>
That's not how texting works though. You're talking about facebook chats.
>>
>>28496718
>this much effort in a post about why women are shit.

Oh Junge
>>
>>28496718
This is when you tell the bitch "look I am not here to play game, if that's what you want to do, do it with someone else."

Then she will either fuck off or start talking to you. Its not a big deal, theres millions of girls in the world.
>>
I used to lose all my chances with girls through text until I started doing that shit.
It's kinda impressive. Sometimes you see the message and just don't reply, with a "meh I got better shit to do than talking to her" attitude, and girls dig that shit. It's like they have no dignity or something.
>>
>>28497974
Whatsapp.

>>28497938
There is no way she would've missed it upon opening the app. Tell me, what is the point in having the notification there for a week and a bit, especially considering the fact that she's always online. Inb4 stalker. No, I just know her and her texting habits. We've been friends for quite a while.

>>28498029
It's Jung, but nice try
>>
>>28498115
>Whatsapp.
Same shit.
>>
>>28497955
>implying reading a simple text message takes longer than 5 seconds
>implying ignoring someone who is supposed to be a friend in order to "live your life" isn't concieted as fuck
>>
>>28498048
They want a guy to care, but not too much. Like, if you show no interest at all they will stop trying. If you care too much and act like an orbiter then she will start ignoring you until you freak out and send her a 20 page facebook message professing your love for her, to which she will reply "eww leave me alone 4ever plz".

But the balance of just being slightly distant seems to be ideal. I don't know why, but it is what it is.
>>
File: 1462281219609.png (188 KB, 647x436) Image search: [Google]
1462281219609.png
188 KB, 647x436
>>28498115
>It's Jung, but nice try
behindert oder so?
>>
>>28498115
Are you fucking retarded it's "Junge"
Translation: "boy"
>oh boy

Kill yourself you effeminate fucking numale beta faggot
>>
>>28496718
No, I think worrying about whether someone read a text is insecure.
>>
>>28498162
It actually depends. Once they have enough interest in you, they will lose all dignity and message you paragraphs, like a beta orbiter, even if you ignore her messages for days.
>>
>>28497955
>>28498201
You missed the point of this post. You just assume this is another "fuck women they're all whores" post. I gave an example of a recent happening. Guys do it too, I just happened to use a girl in my example. All normies do this and it to each other and I have a problem with it.

>>28498177
>>28498188
ahahaha
>>
>>28498115
she blolcked you mate
>>
>>28498212
bring dich um
t. person die der deutschen sprache maechtig ist
>>
>>28498144
Somebody understands. All it takes is a single tap on one's screen. But that would hurt the ego a bit too much, wouldn't it
>>
>>28498221
I doubt it, but that's not the point.

>>28498235
>>>/krautchan/
Nobody wants to see your disgusting language here
>>
File: manischephaseq0upa.jpg (202 KB, 454x387) Image search: [Google]
manischephaseq0upa.jpg
202 KB, 454x387
>>28498261
Mett und fett
>>
>>28496718

this post is 100% pure grade A autistic manbabby mad
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.