[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do Asians always get white people names when they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1458250874288.jpg (78 KB, 432x480) Image search: [Google]
1458250874288.jpg
78 KB, 432x480
Why the fuck do Asians always get white people names when they move to the US or something?

Don't they have their own names? Why the fuck do they take retro whitey names like Tom, Michael, or Nathan?
>>
It's because they white washed and want to adapt to the white man's life style.
Seriously, Asian people all want to be white.
>>
They adapt to the common race for maximum success. A Akihado won't get hired, but an Elizabeth will.
>>
>>28493350
nobody can pronounce their ching chong names
>>
>>28493434
this is bullshit. An akihado would definitely get hired, because asian stereotypes in the US are positive, not negative like black stereotypes

indians don't change their names and usually have no problem getting hired

>>28493658
who the fuck cares if some white guy needs to take 3 seconds longer to think about how to pronounce a name
this isnt something that matters
>>
>>28493350

>>28493658 this. most of their names sound weird, unpronounceable and are hard to remember so most Asians will either choose a Western name which sounds vaguely similar, westernize the Asian pronunciation or go for a totally different name.

It is the same deal with westerners moving to China, they will adopt a Chinese name.
>>
Because they know they're in a foreign country where things are different, and they have to adapt. This is a good thing, and is the sort of thing that Pedros and Melikas should do, but don't, and instead cling to their native cultures, refuse to learn the English language, badmouth the US and talk about how shit it is compared to their home countries, but are here anyways, living in America, but not wanting to be Americans
>>
I talked to some fillipino in my class who changed his name from Kydo to Kyle
apparently it's easier for them to just get an equivalent american name instead of explaining how to say it every time

like how when I took Japanese, they gave us all japanese names because trying to switch langauges mid sentence is hard as fuck
>>
>>28493777
http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21669595-asian-americans-are-united-states-most-successful-minority-they-are-complaining-ever
You don't deserve those trips you delusional faggot.
>>
>>28493985
fuck you, I worked hard for those trips

you are just jealous, I bet you are an asian american who got denied to every private school you applied to
>>
File: 1460958320375.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460958320375.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>28493926
>like how when I took Japanese, they gave us all japanese names because trying to switch langauges mid sentence is hard as fuck
was it worth it to take japanese? has it improved your anime watching/otaku experience or not really?
>>
>>28495314
fuck yourself.
You must be some cucked progressive who honestly believes that the asian race is a wonderful thing.
Faggot it hasn't been good to be Asian since Bruce Lee died.
>>
>>28493909
this usually the ones changing their names are Chinese probably because of the tones and shit I'm not sure why he used a Japanese name as an example since westerners have no trouble with those. All the Koreans and Vietnamese in my area kept their original names.
>>
>>28493926
>trying to switch langauges mid sentence is hard as fuck
Sure, but using a foreign name is not the same as "switching language". By that logic using technical terms borrowed from english is even harder. Stupid.
>>
Not asians, but we have a family friend named Sulhiman Khan, and his sons name is the same name but he prefers Robert for some reason. I think the Muslims that aren't aloha snackbar actually really admire America. They're not like mexicans where they come in only to work and get the hell back with their millions of pesos, they legit wanna stay here.
As for Asians, I'd assume they want to assimilate.
>>
>>28493658
>>28493909
These. No, it's not because they "want to be white" or whatever, it's just a whole lot easier for people at work/in school to call them that as a nickname. Most Americans (including me) can't into proper pronunciation even for stuff as simple as Xu, it's just too much work to learn the intricacies.
I am a bit puzzled about why Indians don't usually do this (at least when they moved here from India). They are for the most part okay with going through how to pronounce it though.
>>
>>28493777
>who the fuck cares if some white guy needs to take 3 seconds longer to think about how to pronounce a name
>this isnt something that matters

It matters if you have to introduce yourself to hundreds of people throughout your career. Possibly thousands if you become a professor.
>>
>>28496902
They're retarded then. Instead of taking the name Robert, why not just the english version of Suleiman which is Solomon? It's a based sounding name.
>>
>>28493350
They adapt to the culture of wherever they go. You know like how immigrants are suppose to do when they immigrate to another country.
>>
>>28497025
I have a greek professor named Solomon papairdratou or something like that

nobody can pronounce his name

how do you feel about that? you think he should change it?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.