[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sometimes feeling empty. Other people sometimes feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1461774620526.png (234 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1461774620526.png
234 KB, 500x400
I'm sometimes feeling empty.
Other people sometimes feel empty.
Some people turn into murderers, others into drug addicts, others into functioning members of society and so on and so forth.
Why? How?
Is being a failure rooted in our genes? Our upbringing? Why is anyone living? Is there a goal?
>>
Maybe my questions are too superficial, too "entry".
What I don't get is that all those feel threads and femanon threads and meetup threads are getting attention.
>>
Nice I won't get any replies in this thread I can just post whatever I want.
>>
I'm glad I live in this time and age since I probably would've died as some random peasant from every disease known to mankind in the middle ages, hardly living better than a wild animal.
>>
I can't imagine what life is like living somewhere you could just be killed for pocket change or kept in an overcrowded prison by a corrupt government.
What would it be like living as a nomad, roaming the desert?
>>
What is the next step in human evolution?
There are so many people dying of hunger but if we fed them all they would just multiply up to a threshold where they would hunger to death again.
>>
What is the purpose of this board?
What is the purpose of 4chan?
The Internet?
>>
Still no reply?
What is going on here? Is all that not interesting?
>>
I'm bored out of my mind, I have to work tomorrow and actually have to train a new co-worker and I hate it.
I hate having responsibilities.
I hate dealing with all that bullshit everywhere at any time. The only things I'm looking forward to are video games, netflix series and my gf.
>>
>8 replies
>1 poster

wew lad youre right.
You shouldve learned from r9k that everything is based on looks and not genes
>>
>>28494068
Well I guess it's not.
I still like this thread a lot.
>>
>>28494251
Yeah I just wanted to write some things for a change. It's not like I care what happens in this thread.
>>
I sometimes fap to traps and shemales but have a gf and enjoy having sex with her.
I don't know what is wrong with me sometimes.
It's not even that enjoyable, just a habbit 4chan gave me.
>>
Now that I finally found a condom that fits me and my girth, everytime I have sex I cum so much it's all squeezing out of the condom and I'm afraid I'll impregnate my gf.
>>
I have no friends at all but I'm used to it.
I think if anyone found out they would be grossed out by me.
My gf also has only one friend who is 3 hours away. I have the feeling that this is a much bigger deal for her because people expect women to be more social.
>>
I know this board is not my personal blog but what am I to do when not even people on the internet talk to me.
>>
To think that billions of other people have problems too.
All those emotions fear, happiness, anger, angst.
What a world we're living in.
>>
>>28494879

Wassup lad?
>>
>>28495092
Hey there.
How are you fellow Anon?
>>
>>28495133
Pretty good thanks, what caused you to start this blog?
>>
>>28495159
I don't know.
I wanted to start a short discussion but nobody replied.
>>
Hmm, guess I'm alone again.
It's pretty boring being alone.
>>
>>28495330
Well I have no answers to the questions in op since i believe this world is but one history of the way atoms collide and, forever, we will live through each combination again and again. There is no goal, and we live because it is a possibility.
>>
Do you like to read? Are you in to philosophy?
>>
>>28495562
So everything is relative?
What an unsatisfying answer.
>>
>>28495674
Well I'm maybe an amateur philosopher it's not like I understand very much or am well versed in the studies of ancient greek philosophy or something.

I'm far from spending my free time reading fancy books and feeling superior because of it.
>>
>>28492348
>>28492348
The emptiness stems from a lack of goals attained. What do you strive or wish for most of all?

All men are forged from their past experiences and teachings, barring physical maladies or mental illness none of us are born the way we are.

To be a success is to have the combination of circumstances: luck at birth; in riches, genetics, influence, or through personal excellence that allows us to make our own greatness from hard work.

We live because life gives great pleasure with the right mindset. The goal is whatever you deem best in life.
>>
>>28495748
My dear friend, to read philosophy is not for the purpose of lording it over others.

It is to make life more enjoyable and gain a deeper insight into your own workings.

It may seem cliche but to read those wise men of the past is a thrilling experience. As remote as they seem, man has long suffered the same problems through history, and found joy in many of the same ways.
>>
>>28495873
What would I gain for myself, which insights would I get reading from the insights of others?
Diogenes of Sinope may have been onto something but as any theory or school it is flawed.
>>
>>28495998
Are you not already asking others for answers here? Surely the only reason to ask questions such as you have posed are for nothing else but insight?

You show that you are unhappy with your circumstances. I believe that it is not external events or possessions that make us happy or unhappy but rather how we perceive them. That viewpoint was formulated over a span of time having absorbed the teachings of others and applying it to my experiences and reason. This has led to a happier life and a far more stress free experience for me.

What of Diogenes do you agree with?
>>
>>28496138
What do you suggest for someone that's never read philosophy and wants to start?
>>
>>28496671
>>28496671
Shockingly enough, I would suggest a history book. The Peloponnesian War by Thucydides. The writer is a man of extraordinary genius. Not only detailing the events that took place but the transformation of morality that coincides with an escalating conflict. With rising turmoil men are changed and Thucydides details every cause and motive. Reading this alone will grant you a lens through which to view all human affairs; war, politics, personal affairs, morality, law, justice. that will be most effective and timeless.

If not, Moralia by Plutarch. Specifically Tranquility of Mind.to gain at least some insight into making the most of all that comes to pass in your life.
>>
File: Oh.jpg (181 KB, 960x628) Image search: [Google]
Oh.jpg
181 KB, 960x628
I took a Philosophy class in high school.. at the same time, was engaged and a l s o just finding drugs. Four(ish) years ago. Still smokin'.

Hmm

I was in a really bad place, and I had a plot to euthanize the world. It's a horrible place by nature, you could say. We're animals - higher animals, I'd say, but - why should we act like it? We've got some much room for this brilliant programming no other organic on this planet can match. Our concepts of God all come from ourselves, from the brief glimpse of our soul that we're granted before being born... to die. and to be born again.
I guess it's good to help people. There's no great end goal; find what works for you, do the things you love, remember that 'happiness' and 'sadness' and everything we feel is subjective and irrelevant to the universe... try not to disappoint yourself and don't lose your standards.

Hey, Kurt Cobain was 27 when he offed himself. I'm 20. I dunno you, anon, but I'm a scattered cunt and I'm outties. Be well. Best wishes to y'all. <3
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.