[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has 4chan humor been so stale for the last 12 months? You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 11
File: 1448744004871.gif (1006 KB, 320x338) Image search: [Google]
1448744004871.gif
1006 KB, 320x338
Why has 4chan humor been so stale for the last 12 months? You faggots started with this whole "meta level" of memes, where you acknowledge them and talk about the fact that this meme is "dank" of another meme isn't. You tack meme to every fucking word just to put some layer of irony to your post that wasn't there in the first place.

This whole joke has worn off long ago. But there is nothing to go to from here on, except maybe some gay "nostalgia" for the days before this post-internet humor shit.

It's all about parroting the same shit over and over (newest example: post a frog and some faggot says "here comes the boy" or some shit). There is no variability in that. It's the most basic level of humor: "Haha, I got that, and I can proove it by writing down that catch phrase!". Why is there so few OC? Even 9gag is more creative than you fuckers. Where has all the creativity gone?
>>
And here I thought this copy pasta was all but forgotten. I haven't seen this in years
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
>>28492310
You seem alright, unlike the other 300 confirmed kills, stay away from me and my son lad.
>>
>>28492591
tank bister sgeIdaI
>>
>>28492310
>post a frog and some faggot says "here comes the boy" or some shit
But that was some tumblr attempt at recreating pepe, it didn't even start on 4chan afaik.
I only ever see it posted on facebook
>>
File: frog image (139).jpg (28 KB, 295x418) Image search: [Google]
frog image (139).jpg
28 KB, 295x418
>>28492668
>some tumblr attempt at recreating pepe
Why would you?
>>
>>28492683
pepe is too offensive and from a website full of problematic assholes!!!!
>>
File: 1430012973111.jpg (25 KB, 292x261) Image search: [Google]
1430012973111.jpg
25 KB, 292x261
>>28492591
Is this what normie memes are really like?
>>
File: frog image (369).png (146 KB, 540x473) Image search: [Google]
frog image (369).png
146 KB, 540x473
>>28492696
That thing on the unicycle doesn't have remotely the versatility of Pepe.
It can't be smug.
It can't be sad.
It can't even peepeepoopoo.
Back to the fucking drawing board.
>>
File: 1436459110294.png (31 KB, 312x390) Image search: [Google]
1436459110294.png
31 KB, 312x390
>>28492774
>It can't be smug.
>>
File: frog image (42).jpg (293 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
frog image (42).jpg
293 KB, 914x1091
>>28492907
That's not even level 1 smug. Plus it's stopped moving.
>>
>>28492310
welcome to reddit 2.0

the normies have taken over and are the rampant horde like in the end of the dame doom

i tried my best to rid of them... but they just kept on comin...

*spits blood. coughs* there were just too many of them

i guess its up to you now though kiddo, here take my sword.

looks like you die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a normie

*coughs up more blood and dies layed against this rock while magma flows on all sides surrounded*
>>
>>28492591

This is why niggers should be slaved till this very day.
>>
>>28493024
*a fierce wind sweeps through the stadium*
*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
''''''''
See you on the boards..
>>
>>28492310
Because there's the influx of tumblr kiddies posting their memes like "dat boi" that get ran into the ground within a week or so, along with the /pol/ runoff that force memes way too hard and call everyone "cucks" when they're told to fuck off. Weird Twitter is honestly the best source of humor nowadays since there's lots of OC mixed in with really funny black Twitter stuff.
>>
>>28493544
Finally, weird Twitter gets some acknowledgement. I thought I was the only one into it here. What's your handle? I'll probably give you a follow
>>
>>28493087
It's me Goku

>orginal fucking comment chink moot
>>
>>28493602
I don't want tons of randos from /r9k/ following me on Twitter. You can give me your handle and I'll check it out if you'd like.
>>
>>28493672
@bootynugs is one of my accounts
>>
>people think a bunch of weird twitter goons are funny
>>
>>28493741
>people think the most original online community is unfunny
Nigga you just haven't looked hard enough yet
>>
Most people grew up and realized that "memes" are stupid as shit. All that's left are the unfunny drones that do shit like act out "funny" lines from movies and kill the delivery.
>>
File: post-pepe.jpg (4 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
post-pepe.jpg
4 KB, 223x226
>>28492738
normies can't comprehend the dialectic of memes.
>>
Sorry reddit, I'll make sure to make some nice new memes for you soon. Fucking retard.
>>
>>28492310
>stale
>lately

have you even been here longer than last summer fag

this place has always been a cesspool
>>
File: Sad_frog.jpg (87 KB, 631x800) Image search: [Google]
Sad_frog.jpg
87 KB, 631x800
The whole "meme" thing is literally completely unfunny now. And it has been for at least a year, probably 2 years.

In normie territory, and all over Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, the word "meme" is in constant usage. Every shitkid on the block is now talking about "dank memes" and posting fucking frogs everywhere. I don't even feel comfortable calling it "Pepe" any more. Even though that was the original name, it's painfully obvious that the only reason people call the frog "Pepe" is because it's the name that the normies latched on to when that shite "rare pepe" craze kicked off. As recently as 2013 it was known most frequently as Sadfrog.

There's also the fact that to most normies, the word "meme" literally means ANY picture with text on it. You'll see girls on Instagram talking about their "meme pages" and all it means is these unfunny hubs where they post reaction images from 4chan combined with some shit about "when the squad is on point xxxDDD". That's literally what normies think a meme is. Frogs and stupid shit.

It just needs to be killed off immediately. It is 100% unfunny. There is no humour in any of this "meme" shit. And the post-ironic "meme" shit is the most irritating of all. There is nothing funny about pretending you're some retard from Facebook or /r/4chan.

Go back to the fucking drawing board for real. The word "meme" should never be used again. It's tainted. It makes me cringe.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.