[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>don't have schizo >wish I had it so I'd get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
>don't have schizo
>wish I had it so I'd get attention from others

Am I mentally ill?
>>
No just an attention whore.
>>
But you wouldn't be able to tell who's really giving you attention and who's actually a spy working for the government so they can find out what you look at online.
>>
Everyone avoids you if you have schizophrenia
>>
Never met a schizo, but I know a few people with psychosis
Their life seems really terrible without meds
>>
>>28491959
Elaborate

Also some schizos hmu with how their life is
>>
>>28493009
It's aight.
But yeah I have no friends.
>>
>>28493009
>Elaborate
Their minds are constantly occupied with their wrong idea of the world
If they see a helicopter they instantly think they are getting spied on
If a CD player isn't working they think the government is stopping them from listening to their favourite music
They are scared of dying/getting assassinated because of their "knowledge"

Shit's fucked yo
>>
But if you hear voices doesn't it mean they have permanent friends?
>>
How does one get schizophrenia?
>>
>>28493574
genetics and the environment
If you have it in your genes and you get stressed enough you will get it
Probably will just end up with depressions or anxiety tho you can't really pick which mental illness you will get when you break
>>
>>28493317
Generally the voices a schizophrenic hears are people talking about him, (usually saying nasty things) not talking to him.
>>
>>28493697
>usually saying nasty things
That depends on the culture the person is in iirc
In western culture it's bad, but I think there are native americans and africans that have positive things said about them
>>
File: 1374219451135.png (75 KB, 197x188) Image search: [Google]
1374219451135.png
75 KB, 197x188
>tfw have constant fear of getting schizophrenia

Are there any telltale signs of someone who is going to develop schizophrenia? I could hear voices and thought crazy things as a kid, now I don't hear voices but I'm still worried.

My mother's uncle had schizophrenia and the country my parents are from is full of crazies. On both sides of my family there are too many mentally ill people.
>>
>>28493794
Have a good social life
Exercise
Eat non shitty food
Get enough sunlight
Have a good self image
(Get into a religion)

Now your chances of getting it are a lot lower
>>
>>28493848
Wow, I only do one of those (eating non shitty food)

I can fix getting exercise and sunlight, but how do I into friends?

By the way is it normal that increasingly I start getting worried about my food having bugs in them? I keep checking now even though nothing happened to my food.
>>
>>28493934
>I can fix getting exercise and sunlight, but how do I into friends?
Are you a neet?
If yes this might be hard
>By the way is it normal that increasingly I start getting worried about my food having bugs in them?
Depends
Does it affect you negatively?
Can you control the thought/not check for bugs?
Did you ever find a bug in your food?
>>
>>28493848
Also, never smoke weed or do other drugs. They can make you crazy if you are already genetically susceptible.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 249x289) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 249x289
>>28493997
>tfw did a shitload of drugs a few years back
I have been hearing voices and seeing strage shapes recently, sober, this anon knows whats up. Getting delusions too, I didn't ask for this feel.
>>
>>28493986
Well ok it's not a big problem, but I can't control the thought and I have not found a bug in my food ever.
>>28493997
I'm afraid of weed and LSD and those kind of drugs because of this reason. My friend told me it's rare but fuck that shit
>>
>>28494165
>My friend told me it's rare but fuck that shit
I don't think so
Two other patients at my mental hospital "broke" when they smoked weed
>Well ok it's not a big problem, but I can't control the thought and I have not found a bug in my food ever.
Might be better to talk to a psychologist
It's up to you
>>
How can I trigger hallucinations?
>>
>>28494283
Drugs and/or staying up for 72+ hours
>>
>>28494282
It's considered a stigma to talk to a psychologist or anything like that here. Although I'm soon going to study abroad so I guess I'll visit one there. If not for being crazy then at least for my crippling social anxiety
>>
>>28493997
Don't forget, nicotine is very helpful in keeping a grounded mind.
>>
>>28494349
Already having mental issues makes you vulnerable to more
Fix that shit
>>
>>28494320
Both options are trash, nothing else?
>>
>>28494450
Sensory deprivation
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 400x341
>>28494450
Extreme stress, my workload can push me into more frequent delusions, which increase stress, leading to more...
You genuinely don't want to be on this ride anon.
>>
>>28494450
Well that's just rude senpai
>>
>>28493317
That's not all they see though. For instance, I met one who asked me if there was fog in the room. I told her there wasn't. That's when she had to accept it was another vision
>>
>>28494497
>>28494516

Seems pretty sick although stress isn't cool. Can I "break" something if I push my brain too far?
>>
>>28493137

Some of these are legitimate concerns. Reptoid overlords rule a shadow government to farm fear and made up paranoia bullshit to keep their cover in the age of information and secularism where they can no longer resort to religion to silence heretics.

Most schizos suffer from paranormal trolling. They are more "tuned in". Schizo killers are always always saying "the devil told me to kill so and so". These entities take an existing belief and run with it.
>>
>>28494707
Yes, but it greatly depends on your genetics
>>
>>28494770
Sounds pretty enjoyable desu

Is there any way to get this by will?
>>
>>28494952
I think a bullet to the brain would probably improve your life more.
>>
How much do meds help? I feel like I hear shit sometimes more or less just brabbling, but I'm aware it's just imagination. Could this lead to an illness though?
>>
>>28491883
no you don't.
you just have borderline personality disorder or something.
It's fucking awful and I don't think I'll ever integrate ever into society, although it's not attention grabbing.
>>
>>28495652
Why don't you think you'll be able to integrate? How dors the illness stop you?
>>
>>28491883
me too OP
right now I'm just borderline functional in society
I get neetbux but family and friends still look down on me
wish I could have a more legitimate mental illness
>>
>hear voices from time to time (maybe once or twice a week), they only go on about random shit, interrupt every thought i have and rag on the thought
>i also hear beeps, laughs, and weird shit
>see lines/shapes a lot, or maybe static
>been getting into conspiracy shit more and more

Is there something wrong?
>>
>>28494450

Being insane is trash you asshole.
>>
>>28493137
I'm diagnosed with skitz, and it's different for me. For me, I feel like everyone in the world was put here to test me. Like the real world is something completely different from what I'm experiencing which is just a test/training. Sometimes I feel like I'm performing well in my test, and other times I am scared that I'm failing and they will just kill me when they realize I'm worthless.
>>
>>28494074
HPPD

Or drug induced schizophrenia finally unlocking your genetics

Fun stuff, hope you have a psychologist/psychiatrist
>>
>>28498058

Have you considered NOT being yourself

Personalization is a common but not fun psychosis, everything relates back to you in a terrible rabbit hole of logic.

Take yourself out of the equation friendo, chillax:3
>>
File: 1462335097931.png (570 KB, 601x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462335097931.png
570 KB, 601x1000
The attention you as a schizo get from others is almost always negative.

Trust me you don't want it, schiz is as close as you can get to a living hell and is by far the worst mental illness to have.
>>
>>28498161
You don't understand, I can't stop focusing on how I'm doing or I'll start failing at everything I do. On bad days I feel like everyone on this website is just a computer trying to make me stray from my path. Just another part of the test.
>>
>>28493574
Psychedellics help. Really try to overdo them, but be careful with RCs ( fake acid n shit)
>>
>>28497602
Any drugs?
>>
>>28498439
Nope, though my friend is gonna give me acid in a few weeks. Could turn bad but at least I may turn into a Syd Barrett due to being a musician
>>
>>28498476
First times always fun, itll be great. Hope its LSD tho. If its an RC itll taste bitter/metallic. Real LSD is tasteless
>>
File: 1461092310742.gif (1 MB, 904x742) Image search: [Google]
1461092310742.gif
1 MB, 904x742
I am an INFJ and so I have a very powerful (Ni) function. Most people with very well developed intuition are prone to "mental illness". Imagine if Jesus were alive today?! If an ancient Indian brahmin-mystic were to walk through a street he'd be in a straight jacket within hours. It's hard to separate the visionary intuition from mental delusion though.

That being said, mental illness is really awful for everyone involved.

>hear voices
>""""paranoid"""" (defo not paranoid, NWO exists and Globalism is the new Caesarism, also magick is "real")
>100% certain I'm on fire mid way through a conversation
>scared that archon minions are tying to take my soul
>sent to doctor
>the medication puts me in suicidal lethargy
>black stain on my medical record FOREVER (barred from many careers)

Yeah... Mental illness is not some fashion accessory, you narcissist. It hurts you and everyone around you. It's really shit.

Luckily for me I only had the initial tremors and for now I should be OK. The doctor says that some major trauma could push me over the edge later in my life though so that I am permanently rekt.

>>28494952

Your life isn't a movie, anon.
>>
>>28498507
Well what's gonna happen though? To like my brain and shit
>>
>>28491883
>what is: munchausen
>>
You will not get attention, people will avoid you for life.
>>
>>28498577
If its an RC (research chemical)? You'll be fine, you'll trip balls and have a blast. Just don't do like 3 tabs you could OD if whoever made them fucked up because you can just buy that shit online legally yyourself, or even doing them too frequently could lead to permanent damage like schizophrenia, brain dmg, HPPD, etc. Nothing to worry about if you do it in moderation though
>>
File: 1463008358686.jpg (10 KB, 300x364) Image search: [Google]
1463008358686.jpg
10 KB, 300x364
>>28498648
This. You might get harassed or bullied, but generally people will avoid you as soon as you find out.

Especially in the USA, my experience with having a mental illness in the US made me understand why school shooters do what they do.
>>
I hate this shit. You see people on this board all the time conplaining about 'normies' trying to make a fashion statement about depression for attention. This is the same idea. I wonder if we'll ever reach the same point with glorifying schizophrenia like we have with depression but I hope not. There's nothing good about being schizo. You receive no positive attention, at most people try to be nice to you but it never lasts as putting up with someone who is schizo takes too much patience. There are literally only downsides, no pros to being a schizo.
>>
Dad has schizo, don't have it yet but I probably will get it. What do you wanna know?
>>
File: freud.jpg (26 KB, 341x500) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
26 KB, 341x500
>>28493009
It's not fun. Even though they say schizophrenia doesn't really manifest until you're fully adult, I think I've had signs ever since I was a child. "Magical thinking" (associating two unrelated events, such as in a cause and effect relationship, ex. snapping my fingers in order to change a traffic light, thinking because I beat a game after repeatedly failing that someone lowered the difficulty without me knowing), hearing my name when it isn't called, etc.

As I got older, symptoms did get worse. I began to entertain thoughts of the possibility of magic or psychics when if you had asked me a year ago I would claim they're totally fake. I get concerned when a car follows mine for too long, I get freaked out encountering the same people over and over when I walk my dog (people that randomly strike up conversations and such). Apparently I was predisposed since my aunt had it too. I know how strange some of my thoughts are and how unreasonable they are, but I can't help it. Very rarely I can be worked into a mania where none of my thoughts or behavior make sense. Imagine a train speeding up to max speed then slowing down so abruptly that the cars smash into eachother. It's only happened twice and even then, I could tell that wasn't as bad as it could have been.

My family knows and they looked at me like a freak for the first year. Like I was a crazy person waiting to explode and turn into a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but I understood my aunt a lot more now.

I work through talk therapy with my psychiatrist. He says putting me on medication in my current state may only hurt my situation, and I'm inclined to agree.
>>
File: 1456252970152.gif (398 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
1456252970152.gif
398 KB, 500x460
How does being schizophrenic affect your friendships?

I have lots of depressedbros and so far the only mental illness I won't tolerate is bipolar people since I don't like being stabbed in the back.
>>
I was diagnosed major depression with psychotic features, the worst form of depression there is.

It is hell, everyday is just torture. I can't imagine going full schizo.
>>
>>28499190
>I have lots of depressedbros and so far the only mental illness I won't tolerate is bipolar people since I don't like being stabbed in the back.
ditto
have a few bipolar friends
they all fucked me over at some point
probably not their fault, i mean fucking bipolarity and shit, but i really can't put up with that.
>>
>>28499190
Doesn't really affect friendships. Most that might happen is they might get a bit paranoid if their messages or calls aren't responded to (i.e. "he had to have seen my calls/messages. Maybe they're purposely avoiding me. Maybe they don't want to be friends anymore). I know I sometimes feel like that but I can temper my feelings with reason.
>>
>>28499190
They start avoiding you when you tell them. I did that mistake. I didn't change as a person, but after pretending to be "supportive" they just disappeared. And I can't blame them, being with schizo can be very pressuring. I always get these phases when I start finding everything suspicious and then I just become very weird and maybe even cruel. And often all relationship tips etc. encourage people to cut ties with schizo people.

However this also made me realize how shallow my previous relationships with people were. I've now got a friend who understands. And the first time in my life I feel like I have someone who cares about me.
>>
>>28499190
I have one schizophrenic friend and another friend who has bpd. Sometimes things get rough with my schizophrenic friend because he thinks im plotting against him or something. I'm schizo myself but I'm doing better these days. I guess I'm the opposite of most people, I had schizophrenia in my early childhood but it got less severe as I grew up.
>>
File: cry.jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>>28499420
>Sometimes things get rough with my schizophrenic friend because he thinks im plotting against him or something.
This is how I've ruined all my relationships. I just can't stop thinking about it and eventually those people get pissed off because they can't take me having such extreme mood swings. But my new friend tries to tells me that it's not me, I'm just sick. Yet someone in my head keeps telling me he also hates me and wants to get rid of me and when it gets bad I start believing it.
>>
>>28499258
Can you help diagnose me, robots?

I have a lot of reoccurring thoughts about embarrassing myself. I can think of a hypothetical situation that would never happen to me and I'll physically cringe. I don't like listening to music that makes me want to dance because I always get an image in my head of me dancing like an autist in front of an audience and it makes me cringe. Whenever I hear anything I don't like I have to plug my ears so I don't cringe as much. I have to plug my ears whenever something is too loud. Annoying people make me cringe, music makes me cringe, loud noises make me cringe, my own thoughts make me cringe. Anytime I do anything remotely embarrassing I hate myself.

What do I have, I hate it.
>>
SCHIZOID MASTERRACE CHECKING IN

How's it feel to be a slave to relationships and human connection, faggots?
>>
>>28499579
Well, I understand because I'm schizophrenic myself but luckily I've never had delusions about friends. I can't tell you to just not have those thoughts, but I will say that it sounds like you have a good friend and I think they care about you
>>
you guys don't want psychosis/schizophrenia

>lost the ability to communicate meaningfully with my friends
>can't hold a conversation, my mind is blank and I think in images and symbols instead of words
>have to perform the same boring daily ritual every day to keep myself sane, life never changes for the better, it just gets worse while I get older
>quit my job and wasted all of my money
>really struggle to learn new things
>emotions all blend together into one hazy mess
>can't really follow narratives in entertainment anymore
>don't really like video games any more
>just sit around smoking, time passes so fast now
>truly have nothing left to live for
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.