[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my apartment complex wants $3000 to terminate my lease should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (96 KB, 612x491) Image search: [Google]
image.png
96 KB, 612x491
my apartment complex wants $3000 to terminate my lease

should i just drink bleach until i'm dead
>>
Check into a homeless shelter and start building your savings. Look for a better way to make money.

I get all my food from grocery store dumpsters. Literally spend $15 a month on food.
>>
>>28491596
i don't see how this is a solution
>>
File: 1444247213884.jpg (154 KB, 557x595) Image search: [Google]
1444247213884.jpg
154 KB, 557x595
What would happen if you just disappeared? Would it drag down your credit or something
>>
>>28491897
they would eventually contact a collection agency. the collection agency would contact me, and be like "you gotta pay this"

if i don't, credit score becomes garbage. idk how much i should care about my credit
>>
>>28492164
>idk how much i should care about my credit

Depends on how much you want to borrow money in the future.

Why do you need to terminate your lease?
>>
>>28492191
because i don't want to live in the apartment anymore
>>
>>28491556
Offer them $500. Stay firm. They'll take it.
>>
File: large_354007_hm_laughing.jpg (8 KB, 278x290) Image search: [Google]
large_354007_hm_laughing.jpg
8 KB, 278x290
>>28492164
Nah. Renters have so many laws protecting them that being a landlord is a huge risk. There's so many ways that renters can just walk away without paying anything. It's hard for them to find you and it takes a lot of effort. Only a cuck would pay that $3000 fine (that has no purpose other than to scam you).

Walk the fuck out. If the collection agency does find you, just pay it then. The alternative is to just pay it anyways.

Fuck it. Walk put on it overnight.
>>
>>28492244
I'm a landlord in the most tenant friendly city in the US.

You're right and wrong. It's not hard to find anyone, it's easy and cheap.

However, litigating is throwing good money after bad.

Collection agencies are after the fact. They buy debt for pennies on the dollar. It's their business to keep coming after you, and they will. For a LONG time.

I've only litigated when someone straight up tried to cheat me and I felt disrespected. Then it's fuck you, and I'm coming after you.

That's why I said to offer them $500. It's a pittance, but still a gesture. Say it's all you have. Do not negotiate. Like I said, they'll most likely take it.
>>
>>28492371
I like that better. It's a good middle ground.

You know more as a landlord. I have zero experience and I'm just guessing as to what I've heard. In a month I'll be becoming a landlord though, good to know.
>>
>>28491556
How many months left and what do you pay per month?
Most places i have been in charge 6 weeks rent for early termination
>>
>>28492164
>if i don't, credit score becomes garbage. idk how much i should care about my credit
if you decide to get your life back on track you'll really regret doing this
>>
>>28491897

credit is bullshit

>18 - 20
>ran out on a couple of apartments
>used loans like free cash
>got catalog shit on credit

>6 years down line
>creditors sold my debt to debt collectors
>"hi is anon there" "no go away"
>debt collectors sold my debt to other debt collectors
>"hi is anon there" "who? wrong house buddy"
>sell my debt to other debt collectors...

just don't spaghetti on the doorstep and you're fine
or just stop answering the door
if you're on /r9k/ your credit score probably does not matter
>>
>>28491556
Get into carding visa cards.
>>
I know someone who was evicted and needed to pay $7k on an apartment. They just moved and didn't pay for a while. Went to court and they settled for $5k
>>
>>28493442
>credit is bullshit
No, it's really really not.
>>
File: 1418688202082.jpg (4 KB, 92x126) Image search: [Google]
1418688202082.jpg
4 KB, 92x126
>>28493495

>living on the grid

you'll be telling me you pay taxes next
>>
>>28493464
>Went to court and they settled for $5k
You don't go to court to settle anon. You settle not to go to court.
>>
>>28493512
whatever fucking nerd
>>
>>28493512

shut up nerd god damn
>>
File: deculture.png (202 KB, 278x310) Image search: [Google]
deculture.png
202 KB, 278x310
>>28493511
I bet he even believes that laws aren't arbitrary rules
>>
>>28493525
Don't hand out ignorant advice.
>>
>>28493541
And somehow you neckbeards remain broke perma-vrigins.

Hard to believe.
>>
>>28493418

Credit is worthless. Why would anyone need it? Want a car? Just buy it. Want a house? It's a stupid waste of money, but again, just buy it. It's simple really.

I have good credit but aside from student loans and a credit card I never have and never will use my credit. Even the credit card is just for my regular purchases and is paid off each month. I wouldn't even have it if not for banks not giving a fuck about debit card users.
>>
>>28493568

>18yo normie thinks he has life all figured out
>comes here to laugh at the neckbeards and occasionally hand out his sage-like advice

brace yourself champ, life will arrive soon
>>
i know someone who moved into an apartment complex, and he brought bed bugs with him. and they spread throughout the entire complex. so the owners are sueing him for a shitload of money to clean/treat the entire apartment complex. seems kind of shady to me, i mean how could they actually prove it was him that spread the bedbugs everywhere
>>
>>28493570
>Want a car? Just buy it.
ok. you dont have to get a loan for a car anyway
>Want a house? It's a stupid waste of money, but again, just buy it
???? do you have 200k+ in your bank? and that's for a cheapo house
>>
>>28493570
There's good and bad credit. Depends on the interest rate.

Good businessmen use credit as bridge loans all the time.

the all cash all the time nonsense is pol neckbeard memeing.
>>
>>28493630
I'm 35. I'm the landlord who posted earlier.

Most of you kids are fine, but the neckbeard 'robots' are fountains of misinformation.
>>
>>28492244
You have no idea what you're talking about. His credit and ability to rent a place will be ruined
>>
>>28491596
How do you spend money on food then.
>>
>>28491556
can you sublet it to someone else for the remainder of your lease?
>>
>>28491556
I once had some jew landlord try that shit on me. I just kept bugging him until he finally just said ok fuck it, move out.
>>
No drano works much better
>>
>>28493783

Buying a house is a waste of money. If you can't afford to waste $200k+ you probably shouldn't be spending that much.

>>28493792

I'll admit things are different in the business world, but as consumers debt is to be avoided.
>>
>>28494356
>Buying a house is a waste of money.
>I'll admit things are different in the business world, but as consumers debt is to be avoided.
Wrong and wrong. Again it entirely depends.

I bought a condo, 5 years ago, for 450k. I put 20% down and mortgaged the rest. I sold it last year for 925k. Me and Wells Fargo didn't split the profits.

I mean, I know what you're saying. Running up a bunch of debt on a credit card and paying 18% interest is most likely retarded.

But there are no hard and fast rules.
>>
>>28493837

>rent
>credit

Lolwut. I rented a 1br apartment in midtown, no credit check as far as I recall. I assume not since I have no credit. All they asked for is a peek at my bank deposits as proof of income. Stupid and a breach of my privacy but I understand the policy considering how the laws are designed to fuck property owners. If you make $50k+ you shouldn't have any trouble finding a room unless you are trying to live outside your means. If credit is brought up just show your direct deposits and they'll be scrambling to put a contract in front of you. Especially as a single white autist. Apparently I'm the model tenant. Consistent routine, dead silent, never late with payment, never interact with staff. They need you more than you need them. It's how I got $80 knocked off the monthly payment on the second year despite most tenants having a slight increase.
>>
>>28493495
What the hell do I need credit for?
>>
>>28494491
> It's how I got $80 knocked off the monthly payment

the fuck, my rent just jumped up 15 dollars

fucked up shit
>>
Wait, why are you the one who's gonna pay money if your landlord wants to terminate your contract? Or are you moving out in advance, before your lease is up?
>>
It wouldn't be an issue if you could just rent month to month but noooo some rich dudes reliable income stream dictates your life and when you can move, fuck that noise.
>>
>>28494491
>midtown
Depends on what city, and how in demand the apartment is.

I promise you you're not renting an apartment in midtown Manhattan w/o good credit.
>>
Sabotage something in the apartment complex to make it unsafe and then hurt yourself on it.
Demand compensation.
>>
>>28494630
renting an apartment is an expense until itself, and a pain in the ass.

If you want no commitment get a hostile or a hotel room.
>>
>>28494643
How long have you been a nigger?

And you won't be dealing with the landlord. You'll be dealing with the landlord's insurance company. And they're not in the business of writing checks easily.
>>
>>28491556
Hello anon,
Your option is to sublet your apartment!
Subletting is when you let somebody stay in your apartment (without you there) for a clear amount of time, they will pay the rent.
Some people who sublet out their places will cut deals and even cover $100 of the rent each month to sweeten the deal if they're not getting responses.
If you do this, the landlord will be happy because they are still being paid and you will be able to move somewhere else.
You can place ads for this on places like craiglist, kijiji, gum tree, etc.
Make sure to clean your place up and take some decent photos.
Remember that most of your furniture will stay there for their use, your apartment will become basically a hotel until the lease ends.
Be sure to remove your personal belongings and valuables.
Most landlords prefer you didn't sublet, so it's best not to notify them of the situation.
Good luck, OP!
>>
>>28494694
>You'll be dealing with the landlord's insurance company.
Exactly, and your signal lawyer most likely working on contingency (if you can find one willing to do it) is going to be no match for their in-house council. Why are you all so arrogant? Do you think the world is 5 minutes old?
>>
>>28494722
>Most landlords prefer you didn't sublet, so it's best not to notify them of the situation.
In NYC they have to let you sublet if it is over 30 days. But you do have to notify them.

Of course, laws vary from state to state.
>>
>>28494694
How long have you been sucking the jew cock?
They will pay
>>
>>28494815
I am Jewish.

And not only will they litigate, I doubt you'd even be able to find a lawyer to take the case without writing a hefty retainer check.

Again, why do you think the world is 5 minutes old and you're the smartest man in it?
>>
>>28494815
Reminder: these are the idiots pontificating on /pol/. Literal morons.
>>
>>28494930
>litigate
Not only that, if they can prove fraud, they'll prosecute.

Insurance fraud is jail time.
>>
>>28494968

Poor dumb cuck. You know you're wrong but all you can do is cry and shit your pants over le /pol/ bogeyman.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.