[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>College will be the best years of your life! It's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11
File: Wojak cry.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Wojak cry.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>College will be the best years of your life! It's not like high school at all, you'll meet plenty of friends just like you!
>>
File: image.png (203 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.png
203 KB, 499x499
>mfw I've made tons of new friends, had several hook ups, and lost my virginity in my first year
>>
I'm about to go off to college how do i make friends

Oragami pastrami
>>
>>28490126
This pretty much. What did you do wrong OP? Anyway don't worry about it, soon you'll start working. Your coworkers will be professional and nice to you in the workplace, but they'll become your friends and you'll hang out and drink beer after work as well. Just hang in there and you'll discover how much better life becomes when you get a job.
>>
>>28490148

By acting completely different than how you acted in high school.

College isn't some magical place where you suddenly stop being a loser. If you were a loser in high school and don't make drastic changes to your life you're going to be a loser in college
>>
>>28490049
>sorta cool in high school
>total loser in college
Pretty devilish if you ask me
>>
>>28490196
High school social pettiness continues into the workplace, alot of people don't move past the social heirarchy and are just as insecure into later life.
>>
College is when you finally realize adults are just as petty, selfish and nasty as anyone in their teenage years and you don't have age or the high school pecking order to blame it on.
>>
File: 1462223799316.png (618 KB, 684x577) Image search: [Google]
1462223799316.png
618 KB, 684x577
>Have friends in elementary school (until 15yo)
>Have like one or two friends in high school
>Complete friendless loser in college
>>
>>28490431
Yeah but don't ruin the fun we're having with OP. Someone obviously managed to convince him that college was going to be different. Let's convince him it's the same in the workplace so he's in for another cold shower in a couple of years.
>>
>>28490339
My personality changed a lot around when I turned 18 and I went from being a friendless loser in high school to having a tight clique of friends and even a cute gf. It can happen, you just need a little self-awareness of what you were doing wrong before.
>>
I never made many friends in college, but I don't really care. I had had a small group by my second year, but it was almost always me hitting them up, and rarely the other way around.

I think I was too weird for them. Over time I learned that these people were definitely the "popular kids" in high school, but had simply reinvented themselves in college by growing out their hair and getting beards and tattoos--basically becoming hipsters. I had mostly stayed the same, except for some better clothes.

I also tried to make friends with the nerds by going to the "games" club. But I soon realized that "nerds" were often just as awful as the stereotypical "jock."

I got hilariously close to sex on two occasions, but was either stopped by a period or nowhere to go. I made out with some girls though...

I don't regret college, but I probably could have made it better for myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 249x243
>finished first year
>didn't talk to anyone
>made now friends
>completely okay with it and happy I'm not friends with the delinquents I had the unfortunate pleasure of sharing a classroom with
>mfw
>>
>>28490612
here

>>28490508
I had a similar experience to this. I've had the same four friends from back home since middle school. That people could just come to college and be so tight with people so quickly was strange to me.

Like you've known this person for only a few months, how are you such good friends already? That's not how it would work with me.

But maybe I'm just thinking too much about it. The only friendships I currently have are deep-seated. A new one based on only a few months would mean little.
>>
I am getting out of college without friends but with no debt either. Suck it, normies.
>>
>one semester finished
>not a single friend
It's way too late now.
>>
>>28490892
It's kind of true, at least if you're not outgoing and haven't met anyone after that period of time.

Everyone gets set in their cliques pretty quickly. I guess you could always "Join a club!" but even they I found were kind of exclusive.
>>
>no friends since since freshman year of high school
>at end of 3rd year college now

where did i go wrong?
>>
little bit of both. There are people in college which will fit your niche, but it doesn't mean theyll be easy to find. I've stuck with my preferred strategy with relationships throughout my life (keep few close friends, keep a small group of better-known acquaintances you can relate to). Seems to work for me
>>
If you don't make a group of friends within the first week of school it gets extremely hard. Also in the US we have frats and shit, its like high school on steroids. In fact its way easier to be "cool" or "popular" in high school. Here in the south its all about being in a top tier frat, which basically means you need to be born tall, white, good looking and most important have a rich father.
>>
File: 1462842379503.jpg (27 KB, 474x403) Image search: [Google]
1462842379503.jpg
27 KB, 474x403
>>28490892
>three months into Uni
>everybody already has their groups and cliques
>I don't

There was no chance from the start, was there?. At least a girl talks to me once a week out of pity I guess
>>
>>28490049
>sit down with qts at my campus cafe
>hello I'm anon mind if I sit here
>sure anon, I'm femanon
>awkwardly sit next to her while I make bad small talk
>One time it works and I get a chicks number

Fuck anons, I got a chicks number, but she hasn't responded to my texts, it says they delivered, but she hasn't read them, it's been a week, should call her or do nothing? I mean calling her won't hurt anything, but my autism.
>>
>>28491049
I'm glad there's no campuses in my country. I would not be able to deal with that.
>>
>>28491049
>you need to be born tall, white, good looking and most important have a rich father.
When will you SJWs fuck off?
>>
>>28491067

You should be, it adds a new dimension of hell. It makes high school look like a cake walk.
>>
>>28491062
>There was no chance from the start, was there?
Not really. Personally, I did talk to people several people in my class in the beginning, but no one seemed interested in me so it didn't lead anywhere. I did not attend the introductory events, but even had I gone it wouldn't have changed anything. Just a bunch of normies drinking and obviously people will only flock to the cute girls.
>>
File: tails.jpg (113 KB, 500x575) Image search: [Google]
tails.jpg
113 KB, 500x575
>mfw i draw swastikas in the bathroom of college
>mfw i would ilustrate racist poems with another autist guy in the back of the class
>mfw sometimes i would dress like some random thug and punch random students that were on their way home after hangin out at night

Those were the years. Until i grew up and understood why i droped out of college and how i would have to spend the rest of my life slaving in the factory
>>
File: 34534523452354.png (277 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
34534523452354.png
277 KB, 709x765
>>28490049
>4th year uni student
>no friends
>22
>still a virgin
the universe is a cold dark place with mere specks of joy
>>
>>28491376
>the universe is a cold dark place

Unless you live next to red hypergiant star
>>
File: VY-Canis-Majoris.jpg (23 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
VY-Canis-Majoris.jpg
23 KB, 1280x719
>>28491595
Have the picture friendo
>>
>tfw next semester will be sixth year in college

Who /retarded/ here?
>>
>>28491668
More like "Who /rich/ here?"
>>
File: 33333.jpg (7 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
33333.jpg
7 KB, 250x248
>>28491668
>tfw my major lasts six years if you don't fuck up once
>already fucked up once

Peterson, hold me
>>
>>28490049
College for me was much better than highschool.

Of course the robot vein runs deep, so I was one of those guys who never got laid in a breeding ground :^)
>>
I don't understand how you can NOT make friends in school. There's people your own age everywhere. Just talk to them.
>>
>>28490049
>falling for the best years meme

People will tell you this but it's bullshit. There are no best years. There is no promised land. If you want your life to be good you just have to do it. there's no special alotted time when you have no problems and everything is good. This is YOUR life, boss. Do something good for yourself if you want to.
>>
>>28490049
That's totally true though. Did you try?
>>
>no real friends in high school
>ate lunch with people but never hung out with them on weekends
>played sports in high school but no real friends

>make friends in college
>pledge a fraternity
>become president of fraternity
>get drunk every weekend
>get laid
>graduate in four years with a job related to my major

It was a fun time. I miss it.
>>
File: tumblr_o2566dOX4u1v206duo1_500.jpg (99 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2566dOX4u1v206duo1_500.jpg
99 KB, 500x478
Start doing drugs, that's how I met people in college. But I went to a party school where even the frat girls/guys were blowing coke and oxy. You don't necessarily have to drink.

Regardless I made almost no friends. I was always alone in class. I had a roommate for a year but we were more acquaintances that could tolerate living around each other.

Pro-tip: Stop caring about having friends and your life is a lot better. People just assume I have a normal life with lots of friends and social events and stuff because I don't walk around bitching and moaning or begging people to please invite me out somewhere. Chances are you wouldn't even like them anyway :)
>>
File: floor roach.jpg (278 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
floor roach.jpg
278 KB, 2000x2000
>>28491595
>Unless you live next to red hypergiant star
does it bring you joy to be a complete fucking faggot
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.