[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the best year of your life robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: 1462384304277.jpg (68 KB, 636x781) Image search: [Google]
1462384304277.jpg
68 KB, 636x781
What was the best year of your life robots?
>>
Still waiting for it.
>>
>>28490008
Before college.
Found out I was in loser, became depressed and I think about suicide everyday. Pretty sure I'm going psychotic from the lonliness.
>>
>>28490008

>kissed a girl
>almost got laid (Chad cousin organized a 4-some but I fucked it up)
>went out with friends on a regular basis
>started every game in varsity lacrosse
>quit pre-law/model un clubs
>some 6/10 girl started following me around all the time
>Chicago sports hadn't fallen off a cliff yet
>got my learner's permit

Not great, but it was still good.
>>
The one that at the same time was the worst.
>>
Being a binge drinking, binge eating, lazy bum.
>>
>>28490008
2006, famarino.
>>
Lost my virginity last year. So i'm gonna go with 2015.

Hope for us all, robots
>>
>>28490008

>had a gf
>move out parents house
>college
>internship
>a group of friends

Pretty normie year senpai, but things went downhill since then
>>
Senior year of high school because I already had all my credits so I spend the days coasting and the nights playing Runescape for 6 hours a day
>>
>>28490008
Summer 2015
>Bloodborne is released
>FFXIV Heavensward is released
>spent 3 months out of college for summer break
>played FFXIV every day
>eating tons of junk food in small portions
>had so much fun while being alone
>entire condo air conditioned
>lost 10 pounds
>was literally living a dream
>>
When I played WoW in TBC.
>>
>>28490008
Anything past 2009 is a shit year, that goes for everyone

Best year of my life? 2004 I guess

Worst, 2013

2014 was an ok year for me kind of like a semi break from the last 5 bad years
>>
File: 1453183895672.gif (677 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1453183895672.gif
677 KB, 640x360
This year, so far.
>Job is getting better, have some business prospects with a guy I frequently work with.
>Got a new apartment, it's really freaking nice
>Accepted my faggy tendencies and as a result am not depressed anymore
>Going on a big roadtrip to a music festival and to visit family/old friends next month
>Feel really good about my body, been exercising frequently
>Feel inspired to make music again
Honestly 2016 has been great and is only getting better. Still have no irl friends near me but I've been going to parties and mingling and that's enough for me.
>>

>great music
>memorable summer
>most friends I ever had

My life is generally pretty sad
>>
Anyone else feel that 2009 was where it all went downhill?
>>
Dosent matter, when I was having the best year of my life some poor asshole was having their worst to turn back time is to have them relive that we should strive to make the future our best years for us and everybody around us.
>>
Best year of my life
had friends in high school.Played csgo/tf2/dayz all day every day.A very fun and chill year.all went downhill tho
>>
>>28490008
I don't know actually. Each year seems to have tremendous upsides alongside really bad downsides.
>>
>>28490008
2000 and 2007
2014 is a close second
>>
1988 or 1989
>>
>>28490008
2012, when I still had friends, school and a gf. All 3 of them things I took for granted.
>>
2011, i met my best friend. He's dead now.
>>
File: image.png (15 KB, 594x670) Image search: [Google]
image.png
15 KB, 594x670
2004-2008
>muted 2 seconds
>>
2009 - 2010

actual stable friend group, lots of partying and some of the most fun I've ever had, actual hopeful for the future and college

yeah that all ended right quick. welcome to the real world.
>>
>2007 and 2009

In time I think this year will be remembered fondly as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 225x225
>in a band with a few pre-teen Chad's
>meeting girls and went to a couple parties
>doing relatively well in school

It went down hill fast once I started smoking pot and associating with a stoner crowd
>>
Best year of my life was 3rd grade probably. Got a Gamecube, got Pokemon Silver, played a ton of video games with friends and had no responsibilities. It was also before 2001, so it was before everything went to shit for everyone.

Also met my best friend that year.
>>
>>28491680
wait that means you're in your late 20s/ 30s but still on 4chan...
>>
File: 1457072144719.gif (387 KB, 401x325) Image search: [Google]
1457072144719.gif
387 KB, 401x325
This year, I'm finally getting a gf
>>

>held hands
>>

Madly in love with a beautiful woman who loved me back
Strong circle of close friends
Pursuing a degree I loved
Waking up next to the love of my life every morning, amazed at how lucky I was
The future was so bright, robots.
>>
File: trump'em.png (640 KB, 736x721) Image search: [Google]
trump'em.png
640 KB, 736x721
>>28490008
Could be this year
Got into a social circle, started drinking with them and it's always a lot of fun, get hit on when we go to clubs, but also by some girls in the friends group (I'm madly in love with one and hope to make her my gf this year).
Started lifting in the beginning of 2016, feels good and every day now I am in awe of the progress I made, even though I know I can do so much better, and I will.
Who /finallymakingit/ here?
>>
>>28490379

Good on you, Anon. I'm happy for you.
>>
>2008

+Had a gf
+Had sex
+Had friends
+Had okay grades in college
+Had an okay job.
+Had a social life.

Keyword here is had.
>>
I think the best years of my life where probably between the ages of 7-13 as they where the happiest and i did not have to worry so much about every little fucking thing all the time. I was able to go to a charter school that went all the way up to the 6th grade, However when 7th grade hit i had to go to a new school and i was new and it was rough, I only ended up staying a year because a kid shoved me up against a locker and put a kitchen knife to my neck i was then taken out and did a year of homeschooling before heading back to Highschool in the 9th grade. But from 7-13 it was fucking magical because i played a shit ton of Gamecube i was even slightly chad i played a lot of sports i did not want to play because dad was chad. and got into Naruto about that time. Yea...those where the days, now family is divorced, mom pops pills and is crazy, dad is lazy fat douche and the only person that keeps me going is my Little brother I love him to death...
>>
>>28493081
not that anon but I'm 28 and still here
>>
>had a few friends, actually went out and did stuff outside of school
>halo 2 was huge
>we had moved out of a cramped singlewide trailer into a respectable country 3BR home and I loved my room
>the internet was great, garbage stayed quarantined on myspace
>a 6/10 had shown interest in me (I fucked it up but it still felt good)

When I think about it I can't help but look up longingly and sigh. It's amazing to think life is even better than that for most normals, they truly are a privileged breed. Things sharply fell and once 2011 came around life finally reached Hell tier and it has remained ever since.

I would literally kill to go back.
>>
File: 35792.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
35792.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
Summer 2012-Spring 2013

Basically I played good video games and nobody died
>>
File: 278.jpg (55 KB, 754x653) Image search: [Google]
278.jpg
55 KB, 754x653

>Started off the year strong getting into alcohol, liquor
>turned 20 and got two girls to give me a lap dance at the same time
>touched boobs
>started smoking weed, helped with my epilepsy
>got accepted into a real college
>got promoted to management.

Everything changed when my savant uncle died. He was really high functioning for someone with a mental disability. He died out of no where. He introduced me to vidya when I was really little. Gave me my copy of spyro, helped me in crash bandicoot. Played my ps1 whenever he would come down from my other Uncle's place.
His death was really sudden, it ruined me. Afterwards I started failing in school, almost flunked out this semester. I became super depressed/stressed and started having more seizures. I had to quit my job and lost my ability to talk with girls. But 2015 was overall still a good year I guess.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.