[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Think life can't get shitter >All my friends I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
File: 1454953420958.png (290 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1454953420958.png
290 KB, 512x384
>Think life can't get shitter
>All my friends I've made over the years start to ignore me
>They're forming relationships and doing something in life, even the complete retards
>Start getting shit at all my hobbies
>Parents start to despise me and hate me with their guts
>Passive agressive comments everyday
>Stop going college (and fail)
>Mom becomes disabled
>Get fatter than I've ever been before
>Can't watch more than 1 episode of anime before being bored
>21st Birthday
>No one gives a fuck, no member of family calls
>Sit down on bed and think about my life
>Make this post
Is life worth living at this rate. I can't even fathom what it's going to be like in 2 years. At this point I wish I was just making this for attention. inb4 edgy. inb4 just b urself.
>>
>>28489257
Sounds like your best bet is to finish college, start a family and strive to establish what you never had in your own family. That's what I'm doing.
>>
Drinking helps
>>
>>28489257
21 was a great year for me
22 fucking sucked
23 was ok
24 will probably be ok

Take that for what you will. Drugs help
>>
>>28489327
>falling for the start your own family meme

OP has a lot of room to grow as a man before he should even consider that. Got to set the affairs right in your own house first. Family isn't worth it nowadays if you're not upper-middle class.
>>
File: 3gdfdfdfff.jpg (57 KB, 542x602) Image search: [Google]
3gdfdfdfff.jpg
57 KB, 542x602
I'm pushing 30 and I'm still playing video games online with 8 year olds.
>>
>>28489338
>19
>just realized i've been a full blown alcoholic for 2 years at least
>realize i get withdrawals if I don't drink
Yeah, no. Don't do that to yourself. I'm going to America soon, I plan to drop acid because I hear that has cured people of alcoholism. Fuck man. I always knew this was the path i was on but I didn't think i'd get this low until my mid 20s.
>>
File: 1438878011589.jpg (51 KB, 400x509) Image search: [Google]
1438878011589.jpg
51 KB, 400x509
>>28489435
You only get withdrawals if you stop drinking. Start your morning with some vodka and orange juice
>>
>>28489373
Finish college and finding some sort of work will be gratifying unless your major is something useless or redundant. If OP tight with his money for a while and saves, he will eventually reach financial stability. Then can begin hobbies, family, etc. It's all about postponing current pleasure with OP's mediocre life for future gains. Unless OP wants to become a monk or join the peace corps or something.
>>
You talk in a way that suggests everything in your life just happens to you and you have no control over it. Get your shit together OP.
>>
>>28489560
weak bait dude. step up nigga
>>
>>28489594
Whatever helps you avoid facing the fact that you need to change things.
>>
>>28489257
All of that happened, then I did drugs, now I'm an asshole.

The lesson is, you just have to outlive everyone else.
>>
File: 1462963371936s.jpg (8 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1462963371936s.jpg
8 KB, 250x237
>>28489618
>mfw someone thinks they have control over their personality and how they are born.
>mfw people think free will exists
>>
>>28489560

Everything in life does just happen to you and you have no real control over it.

Thinking you have control over anything is just the losers way of comforting themselves.
>>
>>28489674
I have the free will to do drugs, which changes my personality

Checkmate, demiurge.
>>
>>28489525
>if you stop drinking
Yeah, I know. But recently I almost got fucked over for drinking at work. I wish I could stop.
>>
>>28489674
>>28489697
This is why people like OP will be /tfwnogf/, /autistic/ for the rest of their lives. You tell yourself you have no control because you're either too lazy to change your direction, you've let too many bad things happen to you, or a combination of the two. Nothing will be different if you never make a concerted effort at success. Good luck.
>>
>>28489257
Do something you like dumbass
>>
>>28489743

Are you sure you have the free will to do drugs? Are you sure it changes your personality?
>>
>>28489978
No to the first one, yes to the second
>>
>>28489978
>>28490009
Even if freewill is an illusion, the illusion of free will serves the exact same purpose for virtually all scenarios.
>>
>>28490022

It doesn't work like that just because you say it does.
>>
File: 6sided_dice.jpg (561 KB, 1320x909) Image search: [Google]
6sided_dice.jpg
561 KB, 1320x909
>>28490022
I have the free will to leave my decision of getting high to a dice roll. Which is my will, by the way.
>>
>>28490034
>>28490009
>>28489978

why do pseudointellectuals parrot sam harris so consistently?

free will isn't an illusion, the only thing his findings prove is that past experience impact your current decisions.

determinism is a myth, an interesting idea at best.

grow up.
>>
>>28489780

This is for you, babby >>28489674
>>
>>28490055
Oh the grow up meme.
If growing up is becoming an ignorant idiot, no thanks.
>>
>>28490055

You've got me confused for something else.

I'm a nihilist who believes everything is determined at birth and your entire life is just based on luck.

If you were born in a shitty household you can't do anything, you can only have things happen to you.
>>
You feel like shit because you live like shit.

>Get fit
>Go to a trade school (plumbing, welding, electrician, etc)
>Save money

It's broad advice, but it's your only shot. I'm not even going to recommend you learn how to socialize because you need these other things first.
Get started on Starting Strength, record how much you eat. Find out your TDE (TOTAL DAILY EXPENDITURE), and easy 500 calories below that.
Also, no matter what...

>Push through every day
>Do not allow any difficulty, setback, or trial to slow you down
If you cannot do this or you after too lazy to do the minimal research required, then you will not make it

You are dead where you sit. Your life will be a hollow shell.
Don't expect anyone to notice you making the changes for a while. Just do it regardless of external validation
>>
>>28490082
>>28490081

growing up isn't becoming an ignorant kid, it's thinking about ideas before you parrot them as universal truth.

determinism is the backbone for the sam harris bullshit, so that's where youre wrong. being born in a shitty household makes being successful harder, but obviously not impossible.
>>
>>28490117

Hahaha.

Listen, just because something isn't statistically impossible doesn't mean it works outside of theory.

If becoming successfull is so fucking easy, why aren't you?
>>
>>28489373
>falling for the family isn't worth it meme
I personally think OP should just give up and go work all day as a tradesman or volunteer somewhere because I fucking hate people like him who pretend to realize they aren't doing what they want after years of self destruction. But tell that "family isn't worth it" bullshit to anyone who doesn't live their life on the computer and they'll think you're out of your mind. It's a risk for anyone, but if he finds someone just as braindead he'll at least enjoy a fundamental part of being human for as many years as he wants to take it seriously.
>>
>>28489257
Go to the doctor asap.
Most people who are serious about their lives on this board have had mental illness for a very long time and it has begun to surface now because nobody notices anything when youre a child and brush it off as "he'll grow out of it" this they don't raise you properly.

I went to the doctor after the same exact shit happened to me and the doctor explains how it's common for people with Aspergers to begin to have serious problems as adults and the only thing you can do is get some help and learn how to live with it.
Not saying you have it, but there must be something affecting you that you can get help for. And remember, this isn't an excuse it's an explanation. Just because you have difficulties does not mean you can't overcome it. Go get help and get back in school. Get a small job an start picking up the pieces. You will never become a normie or a Chad, but at least you can become a better person for yourself and bring some enjoyment to your own life.

t. Fellow robot.
>>
>>28490082
>can't do anything
>comes to 4chan
seems a little conflicting tbo. we both know you feel regret you little bitch, you're not that brain damaged.
>>
>>28490182
>live is shit
>see doctor
>nothing happens, another appointment in 2 months
>>
>>28490240
I said it's not an excuse. You have to put effort into your own life, Misaki chan isn't going to come and save you.
>>
>>28489257

If it's still your birthday (I'm unsure from your post), then happy birthday. If it's not, then happy birthday for then.

Keep on going, OP, find something to work on, even if it's just making yourself watch a second episode of the anime even though you don't feel too much like it, or go back to your hobbies and stick with them even if youre not so good anymore. Obviously things like losing weight, getting fit, trying to get some kind of job or qualifications are better in the long run and should be aimd for, but you have to start somewhere, even if it's small.

If things continue or get worse, then try a doctor or therapist in case it's more serious.
>>
>>28490237

Oh, I do feel regret.

Every single day, every single second.

But atleast I don't bitch about it.
>>
>>28490117
You dont even understand what determinism means. Obviously its not impossible to be successful. And not even hard. But what does this change about the fact that determinism, or rather the natural interaction of matter, occurs. And who is sam harris.
>>
>>28490366
good keep it that way senpai
>>
File: 3FFK2OB.jpg (17 KB, 305x283) Image search: [Google]
3FFK2OB.jpg
17 KB, 305x283
>Overcome with depression while laying in bed
>can't sleep
>tired of being a fucking wageslave
>figure I'm gonna kill myself at my favorite beach in Florida
>realize how normie it is to only have Florida as a place I want to be
>Get 50 miles south of Chattanooga after driving for 5 hours
>Turn on the radio
>A real normie song comes on, and I can't help but sing along
>Life means something to me again
>Make it back into work
>Immediately hate life again
>Lie and say I had a family emergency
>Will to live ever so sliding away

Me and you OP... Me and you.
>>
>>28489257
>Think life can't get shitter
lmao come back when the exact same shit happens and you're 24
>>
>>28489257
is there nothing in your life worth living for? Nothing that makes you happy? If there is even one thing, you should do it; even if it might be illegal
>>
>>28489674
Just change what emotions you display and how you act lol. It isn't hard. Observe others and mimic the successful mannerisms and social cues to only get the best. It really is that easy. I have no idea how people struggle with this. Just don't act like a pathetic excuse for a human being or feel like one and you won't be one.
>>
>>28489435
LSD will make you quit drinking, but it'll turn you into a fucking degenerate hippy who craves psychedelics 24/7. Save yourself the trouble and just invest in 3D printer livers
>>
>>28490530
YOU FUCKING IDIOTS. He didnt say he cant change it. You can, but its not free will. It happened because other factors made him do it.
I have no idea how people struggle with this. Even if you are chad, you still dont have free will.
>>
>>28490541
Oh let me tell you, after a hard trip you do not crave any substance whatsoever.
>>
>>28490570
not everyone is clinically retarded. you might be a special snowflake and even "believe" in a philosophy that forfeits any sense of responsibility, but how you process those factors is up to you.
>>
File: 1462974844558.jpg (32 KB, 680x292) Image search: [Google]
1462974844558.jpg
32 KB, 680x292
>>28490082
>You can't help yourself. You can only let luck guide you
Holy fuck. You are retarded.
>>
>>28490707

If you honestly believe anything else you are beyond retardation, you have an ever expanding psyche that goes inwards instead, slowly consuming all outside knowledge and turning everyone else retarded too.
>>
>>28489257
>mfw reading Ops blog and thinking what a loser
>mfw I remember I am one of the last of my group/peers to get a degree, move out of the house, start a life
>mfw the poster boy for Heroin from my town who was on Dr Phil show gets married and settles down before me
Fuck everything
>>
you're not responsible for your life op, but you are responsible for what you do about it. you're overweight and getting worse. Being overweight often comes from being so during childhood because of poor habits and genetic tendencies. But what are you doing about it ? are you doing anything at all ? you're not responsible for being fat but you're responsible for doing nothing about it
>>
>>28489257
>ll my friends

stopped reading there, you don't know what pain is, normie get out
>>
>be in elementary school
>surely my life will turn around and get better in high school!
>high school is some of the worst years of my life
>surely university will turn my life around and things will get better for me!
>first year university finishes and I have no friends, even more reclusive because I have my own room to hide away in
>surely second year university will be better and I'll turn things around! After all, renting a house with these guys I knew from HS could be a good experience
>spend all of second year cooped up in my room, have no friends, smoke weed and drink booze all day every day

There is literally no hope for me
>>
>>28490852
Just stop being a recluse lol?
>>
>>28491002
>Just stop being a recluse lol?

Just stop going on this board please lol?
>>
>>28491002
oh 'lol' didn't know it was that easy, please tell me how to overcome my paralyzing anxiety just. like. that.
>>
>>28491147
Just don't think; do.
>>
>>28491335

Jesus christ, fucking kill yourself.

Not the same guy but you can't just fucking change overnight if you feel like it.
>>
>>28491345
(You)

mmmh
>>
>>28491367

>Still uses the stupid (you) meme.

Try harder.
>>
>>28489435
I've been there bro. I seriously doubt acid will save you, I took a ton of drugs acid included and it only took me deeper into addiction. Moving won't save you either, there is alcohol everywhere. The good news is if you really want to stop you can, there are tons of resources and organizations that will help you. The bad news is you probably won't like any of them. If your alcoholism is bad enough you'll do whatever it takes though.

t. 21 y/o with 17 mo sobriety
>>
>>28491392
(You) Central in here today

mmmh
>>
There have been so many days I've decided I'm going to turn everything around. I never do, but the next time it happens I'm still going to believe it and just be let down again.

Hope fucking blows.
>>
>>28491577

Do you even read your own fucking posts?
>>
>>28491708
yummy mmmmh
>>
>>28490082
You can't have a predetermined life and luck in the same pot. I sure am glad you're not part of the gene pool fucking dumbass
>>
You have a choice to improve your life. It certainly won't be easy (it may be exceedingly difficult at times) but this is the one life you have got so you might as well try to make something of it and experience happiness.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1023x986) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1023x986
>>28489257
Here op just for you
>>
>>28489764
got fired for my job recently for having drank at work. knew it was coming, it happened. don't let it all fall apart before you tell yourself you can stop. don't drink every day like anon said, you'll just have liquid shits and shaky hands and a weak bladder to show for it.
>>
>>28489257
realistically you should not browse /r9k/ if you're suicidal
>>
>>28489257

It's called stage 1.

Welcome, and brace yourself brobot.
>>
>>28489375
That feel.

30 at the end of the year an i'm getting owned by kids yet to start puberty.

I feel so fucking empty
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.