[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay brobots, I have decided that my method of suicide will be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: lying in bed.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
lying in bed.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
Okay brobots, I have decided that my method of suicide will be to slit my wrists vertically. I will use a straight edge razor, and cut downwards while lying in a hot bath. I will also drink plenty of water the day before to make sure that the blood flow is faster than usual.

Now, what I'm here to ask is, what could potentially go wrong? So far, all I've heard is:
>"it's too painful and you will chicken out. "
Extremely unlikely, I've been cutting myself for a few months as practice and I doubt I'd chicken out.

>after cutting one arm, you will chicken out and call the ambulance.
Also Extremely unlikely. I want death more than anything right now. I've been wanting it for years.

So, Does anyone know what else could go wrong? Maybe if I somehow get saved in time, what would happen to my body? Any advice is appreciated.
>>
Doctor here.

Aspirin has some anticoagulant properties. Will work better than water. Unless one of your parents is on heparin, use it.

Warm water causes vasodialation so take a bath. More blood again.

But fact of the matter is you'll fuck it up and end up taking an ER bed away from someone who actually needs it. We get about 5-10 pillers/cutters a weekend at my hospital.
>>
File: guardian_by_odobenusd7kwhr3.jpg (199 KB, 1024x1226) Image search: [Google]
guardian_by_odobenusd7kwhr3.jpg
199 KB, 1024x1226
>>28487092
Thanks for the reply doc.

Tell me, is there anything that could go wrong with my body should I fail? Like any shitty medical disabilities such as paralysis, retardation or anything along those lines?
>>
If you're doing it this way, you don't actually want to die.
>>
>>28487171
I don't own a car to do that gas method, I can't get a gun (not to mention I don't want to be retarded if I mess up) and I don't want to hang myself because if I fail I may also land up paralysed.

So what is the problem with bleeding out? It's the only method I have available
>>
>>28487152
Likely just scarring of your blood vessels and some horrific looking scars.

Your body is clever to account for a large blood loss, you'll only need to worry about things such as brain damage, tissue necrosis should you go into severe hypovolemic shock and are somehow resuscitated/transfused.

It's a pretty shit way to die even if you do get it perfect, but most people don't. It's not a lack of knowledge on how to do it, your body is just exceptionally good at keeping you alive in these circumstances.
>>
>>28487246
Jump off a bridge.

Overdose on heroin.
>>
>>28487257
What are the odds of going into hypovolemic shock and surviving?
>>
>>28487026
It really is possible you may chicken out because of pain. Cutting through veins is suprisingly agonizing, it hurts much more than cutting skin and muscle.

Sauce: my life
>>
>>28487423
Depends if there's a chance of you being discovered. Dying ain't quiet so if you live with parents you'll likely get heard out, an ambulance called and refused with blood.

If you manage to get to severe hypovolemic shock and are alone, it's unlikely you'll survive. But set aside 6-12 hours of alone time because it's by no means a quick process unless you utterly obliterate your arms. If you get caught and are refused after that sort of period expect long-term damage to your muscles, organs, etc. Because at that point your body only reroutes blood from your heart to your brain to keep you alive.

You'd honestly have a better shot slitting your own throat. But again, I'm not endorsing this shit. Get help.
>>
>>28487026
This is not a movie.

The heavy bleeding will stop before you start dying due to exsanguination. You might still get dizzy and pass out, but if your head gets immersed in water, you will still wake up. You will be dizzy, shaking, in pain and won't be even 50% into losing enough blood to start dying due to shock. Do you know what shock is? It's VERY painful. More painful than the sharp pain one gets when he slices any part of his body. And it lasts for hours. And EVEN then, there is still a small chance of surviving.

No doubt the deathtoll of people who attempt suicide via wrist cutting is like >1%.
>>
File: image_13.jpg (30 KB, 389x378) Image search: [Google]
image_13.jpg
30 KB, 389x378
>>28487490
>>28487496
Fuckkkk.

Am I better off just overdosing on heroin or hanging myself?
>>
>>28487550
as the doc said, if one wanted to die, slitting his own throat would be way more efficient, but most people are afraid of this.

i don't know about heroin. all i know is that again, the death might take hours, but i am not sure about pain or shock.

about hanging... the point of hanging is for your neck to snap, depriving your brain of oxygen and reaching unconciousness within 5 seconds. when random people who want to die try hanging, they 99% don't get their necks snapped. they get strangulated instead. it might take 2-3 minutes, it is extremely painful in a lot of ways, and if the rope snaps, you might survive as a vegetable.
>>
>>28487550
Overdosing is just as bad. I think the other guy said it well "this is not a movie". You don't drift off, you don't go peacefully, it hurts.

Look if you're 100% serious about this. If you are going to definitely do this, don't choose a method in which your body can fight back. Your body is infinitely better at keeping you alive than you are at killing it.

Jumping, shooting or hanging are generally quicker, more successful ways. Hanging can be painful if not done correctly though. If you're going to exit bag then read up about the pain of CO2 poisoning and be sure to bet a helium tank that's 100% pure.
>>
File: aokigahara.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
aokigahara.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>28487614
How does one slit their throat? Is their any specific method to it? Can I use a straight edge razor?

And hypothetically if I survive, will I not have a voice or something?
>>
You'll pussy out when you see the blood seeping out. What you gotta do is black yourself up, put on some baggy sportswear, walk to your local ghetto in the evening, phone in a distress call about someone waving a gun around. Police will show up, you flail around a cellphone, and they'll pump you full of lead.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.