[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were you like as a young child? I was very quiet and preferred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: s8.png (187 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
s8.png
187 KB, 500x300
What were you like as a young child?

I was very quiet and preferred to play alone.
>>
>>28486618
I don't really remember but I was big into Dinosaurs. Just a little bit more than average for a guy born in 1991.
>>
>>28486618
As autistic as I am now. My mother visited her friends and I had to stay with their kids, it was as awakward as it is now. As far as I can remember, I've always been shut in and repelled by new / groups of people

And the therapist said I wasnt really autistic, what a bitch
>>
>>28486618
I was angry and bitter.
I remember as a child my mothers sister said i was like a grumpy old man trapped in a little boys body and that i'd always be like that. I cried and told my mom what her sister had said to me, she laughed and agreed. They were right.
>>
Hyper, bossy, hard to get along with.
>>
I was overly confident because I was a cripple child.

Adults thought the best thing for my emotional development was to mollycoddle me and tell me how fucking amazing I was.

Then I grew up majorly disappointed because not only did people stop telling me I was amazing and awesome and brave, they began to look at me in disgust.

I never stood a chance really.
>>
Apparently I was very behind when it came to my language skills. I found a report from when they were testing by giving me a picture book and then have me look through it. After looking through it they wanted me to recant the story. When they asked me what the story was I just looked at them. Didn't say a damn thing, just looked at them. I don't remember this at all but I do find it amusing. I can only imagine this in a kids mind
>You want to know the story bitch? Then why don't you read it?
>>
I were really social and normal, the more shit life threw at me the more I preferred loneliness and anti-sociality, it reached the point that now I legit believe I developed autism as I grew up, I grew up in a fucked up country where your family gives you shit for smiling or having fun in general, and here I am, 18, I have some friends still after graduating, planning to go to uni even though I quit after one semester back in early 2016.
>>
>>28486780
So much this
>be friendly
>people you considered friends laugh at you and treat you like shit
>one more nail in the coffin

>oh anon you were so cheerful as a kid why did you change?
>>
File: 1461092655804.png (311 KB, 928x960) Image search: [Google]
1461092655804.png
311 KB, 928x960
>>28486891
I can't believe how relatable I am to this.
>>
Loud, sharp for my age, played a lot of sports, loved dinosaurs and outer space

It went downhill during middle school
>>
>>28486618
>depressed
>low self-esteem
>a one-trick pony (was very good at reading (even years before going to school) but sucked at everything else)
>preferred non-physical and mostly quiet activities that you can do alone (e.g. playing with toy cars or lego, drawing)
>didn't really like other children but wasn't a bully
>sometimes hyperactive but not often

>>28486655
>And the therapist said I wasnt really autistic, what a bitch
I was evaluated for autism (and probably more) as a child and whoever was in charge of the tests concluded that I wasn't autistic enough. My parents and everyone else who knew me well at the time disagreed but didn't take any action. I'm sure I would've turned out better if I had received proper diagnosis and help early enough.

>>28486780
>>28486891
>>28486922
>tfw therapy made you open up, but bullying, rejection, and realization that you were cringeworthy turned you into the quiet, reserved person that you are today
>>
I bit other children, constantly ran off and hid, and also went through a period where I chased boys down and kissed them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.