[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you rich?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
Are you rich? Do you come from a rich family?
I'm poor, and I'm very envious. Like, if I make a friend on the internet, and later I happen to find out that he is rich or comes from a rich background, I start to feel extremely bad.
How does one deal with envy?
>>
oh, come on! answer the damn question!
>>
I grew up without much money. But I went ahead and got a good education and now have a comfy 6 figure job. I'm not rich, but I make more than enough to be able to afford anything I want.
>>
>>28483963
Oh... How old are you? What kind of job did you went for?
>>
>>28483768
I remind my self that nothing we do or don't do in this world matters. Everything in this universe will collapse at some point. Not even the stars will remain.
>>
>>28483987
32 now. Got a job as a programmer. A real one, not a web codemonkey. I work on critical systems for the backoffice of a big name financial company.
>>
>>28484069
Oh boy... So lucky!
What makes you want to come here on 4chan?
>>
It's the same with rich people.Especially if their richness comes from their family.
>>
>>28484172
Is it? I mean, what?
They're envy of other rich people?
>>
>>28484069
r9k is usually full of NEETs.
>>
>>28484086
I'm at work now. Shitposting and getting paid for it.

>>28484267
There have always been plenty of normies. They are just not as vocal as robots.
>>
>>28484190
Oh no, I mean that when they hear someone is poor, lots of them start thinking they had a better start than those poor people and start feeling bad.
>>
>>28483768
I don't come from a rich family. Especially in the beginning, it was poor. I now have some money in my bank account, but I don't consider myself rich.
>>
>>28483768
>Born rich
>got a good education
>on track to make a decent amount of money in the next few years
regardless of fucking up every other aspect of my life, it feels pretty comfy senpai. I will be able to afford whatever I need, and I genuinely enjoy the job I am training for.
>>
>>28483768
My parents were middle class, grew up reasonably well off but not rich. I thought I had rich friends and was jealous of their latest shit until I realised their parents were actually swimming in debt to pay for it.

Work hard, get a degree in something with career options (e.g. STEM). Being envious of other people is bullshit, get your shit together OP - if you want to be rich go and do it.
>>
>>28484086
That's not luck, he earned his success
>>
File: MaySales.png (12 KB, 354x351) Image search: [Google]
MaySales.png
12 KB, 354x351
I run an online business and make decent money. Pic related.

I live with my parents who think I'm NEET. I don't pay rent. I know they resent the shit out of me for "being on the computer all day". I'm just gonna continue saving my money til they decide to kick me out. Maybe I'll show them my bank statement when I leave. Assholes.
>>
>>28485454
What do you sell/do?
>>
>>28483963
>>28484069

How do I get job as a fucking programmer and make big buckaroos.
>>
>>28485454
wow, how the hell do I do this
>>
>>28485464
seems he makes an average 20 dollars per payment
maybe drawing
>>
>>28485348
stop making me jelly
>>
>>28485584
Get a good degree. Apply for internships. Be good at what you do.
>>
Being born into a rich family isn't always all sunshine and rainbow. When I grew up my dad was often abroad and mom was on vacation or fucking Chads behind my dads back, so I spent all my time either alone or with a nanny since I was an only-child.
Having an unlimited amount of money, time and lack of authority figure also led me taking lots and lots of drugs. Also I don't have any friends because I don't trust anyone.
It's not always like in the rich kids Instagram pages where they brag with their champagne and shit.
>>
>>28485690
yeh my poor self with no friends is soooo much worse

go spend daddys money and go on a trip
>>
>>28485769
I didn't claim that your life is better than mine. I'm well aware that I have it easier than you in some parts of life.
>>
>>28485812

Must be nice to fantasize about having money or a father. Go kill yourself faggot.
>>
File: 1408445785846.jpg (309 KB, 896x800) Image search: [Google]
1408445785846.jpg
309 KB, 896x800
>>28485690

All of my problems right now could be fixed with money, so fuck your rich, whiny faggot ass.
>>
> tfw come from a rich family but we don't spend much money and my life wouldn't have been any different had I been born into an average family

One of the worst feels in the darn world.
>>
>>28487218
And they'd be replaced by other problems.

Don't kid yourself
>>
>>28488789

>woe is me its hard being rich
>>
File: 1461828871790.jpg (35 KB, 960x581) Image search: [Google]
1461828871790.jpg
35 KB, 960x581
>>28488789

Yes, problems far less severe than what I have now, you spoiled piece of shit. If your money doesn't make you happy, give it all to me and kill yourself.
>>
>>28484657
>Oh no, I mean that when they hear someone is poor, lots of them start thinking they had a better start than those poor people and start feeling bad.
This is easily solved, just give them your money.
>>
>>28483768
Quick reminder that coming from a rich family=/= being rich.

Most don't let them dick around with their $$. Although obviously it gives you better life opportunities.

I am a very pleasant/ humble person but I have a feeling once I get my own income I will become an evil cunt.
>>
>>28489213
Haha yeah being able to do anything in life while knowing you can never fail totes don't count brah bruh broh #fistbump
>>
sometimes i wonder
how does it feel to be rich?
>>
>>28483768
I'm a self made millionaire. My dad was a public school teacher.

Envy is for losers. Passion is for winners.

Money is actually arbitrary. It's the effort and discipline that matter in the end.
>>
File: 1461434586372.jpg (196 KB, 1200x1586) Image search: [Google]
1461434586372.jpg
196 KB, 1200x1586
>>28489253
>Money is actually arbitrary. It's the effort and discipline that matter in the end.
This is what richfags say to convince themselves that they are responsible for their success. At the same time they can bully poor people with it, because by this logic it's their own fault and the rich don't have to feel bad/pity for them.
It works the same with normalfags. Chad tells you it's not hard to get girls and that you just have to 'do it'. By saying this he praises himself, because it makes him think he has achieved this all by himself, and avoids feeling bad for robots because by this logic it's only their own fault to be a friendless virign. Because genetics, luck and
coincidences don't exist, right?
>>
>>28485441
This.

>>28483768
OP, no offense but it's like this: Why are some people assholes? Why do some people always play the martyr and blame everyone else? Why are some people willingly stupid, irresponsible, and then figure it was someone else's fault? Why do these people *never* accept responsibility when they're called out on it.

Over 99.9% of the people of the people on this planet, or somesuch, are not rich. I'm not rich either. I came from a poor family, neither of my parents have any education besides elementary school, and such was the situation with most of my friends when I was a kid too.

So I went to schools, I took the debs, I studied and then worked my fucking ass off, and now in my mid 30's I have a great wage, my own apartment, car, relatively little debt left, and can afford to buy any random common crap I want without putting too much thought into it.

So how does one deal with envy? I wouldn't know. Unlike my parents and many other people I know, I don't feel envy towards money. There's no point being envious of the rich, most people and them aren't even playing the same game. As for those who earn money through their jobs? Only a fucking child would be envious of something they could just as well earn themselves, but simply don't bother to. I've never sat my ass down waiting for inheritance, free helps or even welfare when shit got bad. I realized early that I either had to craft my own future, or I would get none. And that's what I've done.

So you have the same choice: Keep bitching, complaining, and being envious of all the things you do not deserve and will never have. Or fucking do something about it.
>>
>>28489322
I AM directly responsible for my success. I started at minimum wage.

The 'luck' lefty bullshit is for losers.

All shapes and sizes of people are successful.

And in the US 80% of millionaires are self-made.

But keep thinking your sophomoric rhetorical angle is the same thing as putting work in.
>>
>>28489374
>But keep thinking your sophomoric rhetorical angle is the same thing as putting work in.
EXACTLY. Go on and be 'right' on the internet or some college classroom. I'll be over here making money.
>>
>>28489374
>I AM directly responsible for my success. I started at minimum wage.

Someone gave you opportunities, whether you realize it or not, fuckwit.
>>
>>28489334
>>Over 99.9% of the people of the people on this planet, or somesuch, are not rich.
Signed: richfag who thinks only the 0.1% is actually rich.
>>
>>28489374
>I AM directly responsible for my success. I started at minimum wage.
Minimum wage in my country is $100/month, how much was yours?
>>
>>28489519
Please. Sure, no man is an island, but I'm successful because I worked hard and accepted and managed risk.

You're really hitting every single loser talking point.
>>
>>28489557
My first job paid $5 an hour. I walked to a local restaurant when I was 15 and got a job as a busboy.
>>
>>28483768
I come from a pretty poor family. We don't own a house or go on vacation or anything (we did a couple times when I was younger though).

I don't really feel that envious, but it feels bad knowing that I'll probably never own a house.
>>
I come from a rich family
I'm currently laid in bed at 4pm in my own house at 20 years old because I don't have to work. You'd think with all this disposable income and time I could do anything I want, yet all I want to do is shit post and play video games
>>
>>28489521
You do know the definition of rich don't you? Unless you're one of those people who make feel-good images because there's 3 billion people in niggerland eating flies and fleas and drinking sand grains? In that case, all of us here are rich, or your bar is just incredibly fucking low.

The more likely scenario is tha all your elevators aren't exactly reaching the top floor, so you actually thought this was your chance to say something "smart" (ie. the same shit a few million other westerners like to share on facebook). And you made an ass of yourself instead. But you probably don't even understand it, so you know, "feel good, yay!" and all that since you are, clearly, so very special.
>>
>>28485454
teach me the ways senpai
>>
File: 07.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>28489561
>You're really hitting every single loser talking point.
He sounds like a guy who spent 120k on a Sociology degree and thinks he's smart.
>>
>>28489589
>>28489700
>Unless you're one of those people who make feel-good images because there's 3 billion people in niggerland eating flies and fleas and drinking sand grains?
Oh right, WE BIG TEENAGE LE SOCIOPATHES NOW WURLD DUN COUNT HEHE ONLY LOS ANGELES COUNT WHY MY BMW NOT PICKING UP STACY FROM MY STREET, forgot. Carry on Eliot.
>>
>>28483768

I have $30,000 in the stock market and growing. But I live with my parents and have that money because I save it like crazy. When my parents die I'm expecting to inherit like 100k-200k though I hope not any time soon.

Do I count as rich?
>>
>>28489700
>In that case, all of us here are rich
What, you think this is a board specifically for your rich city in your rich country or you're just too retarded to understand what the internet is?
>>
>>28489798
First I was like "actually, the norm is to compare westerners with other westerners, ie. the US, europe, and even the modern urban areas of most of asia."... but then I realized it:

I mean, holy shit, I made the "special" post in jest but I was actually right! You really are a full grown autist, aren't you! Well keep on munching then. There's nothing that anyone could teach you that you would have the ability to learn, so let's not try, right?
>>
>>28489374
Genetics, environment you grew up in, etc all plays a role. But keep pushing your ego by saying it's ALL your work.
>>
>>28489815
Wealth is an inherently relative concept.

But where I live you couldn't buy a parking space.

Keep at it though. worry less about inheriting money and more about making money.
>>
>>28489890
Ok, Che. Does this this kind of rhetorical posturing make you and the comrades feel better about your shortcomings?
>>
>>28489889
>>First I was like "actually, the norm is to compare
If you're only interested in your own backyard, why are you on a global communication service? Go spout your bullshit on your HOA meetups.
>>
>friend's uncle runs own business
>makes 100k/month in profit
>revenue must be in the millions
>uncle buys my friend vacations for his bday
>am green with envy
i WISH i was rich and that it MAGICALLY happened.
>>
>>28490001
Like the old saying goes, 'wish in one hand, and shit in the other, and see which one fills up first.'
>>
>>28490001
Gotta work hard to get a rich uncle they don't fall from the sky lazy pig.
>>
>>28489947
You just don't fucking get it do you?

You have access to the internet, that immediately puts you well above the global "poor" status, no matter which part of the world you're in. I'm absolutely certain there are at least a billion people on this planet who are poorer than you, the OP, and any other douchebags who just commented on me. Literally people who can't eat.

You know what that makes you? It makes you a fucking hypocrite and a liar. And THAT is the point. If you can just fucking nitpick which extreme of which particular group you want to belong to whenever you want, then this whole fucking discussion is pointless because all of us are ridiculously rich, poor as fuck, smart and stupid all at the same time. So practice what you preach, you unbelievably predictable simpleton.

God I'd almost forgotten how fucking annoying it can be to argue with idiots over the internet. They literally just drown in their own bullshit and keep on fucking going, oblivious to it all. It just doesn't matter what the hell I do or say, you won't get it will you? You know what, I give up. Have fun in your oh-so "poor" life of martyrdom. Yes, everything wrong is everyone else's fault, you definitely had the worst share in life in the history of all men on this planet. You, of all people, the special little snowflake that you are, is what all of this is all about. Now good bye, and good riddance.
>>
>>28490143
>>You have access to the internet, that immediately puts you well above the global "poor" status, no matter which part of the world you're in.
Every African village has people with smartphones, it's 2016 dude.
>>
File: sndex.jpg (9 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
sndex.jpg
9 KB, 284x178
>>28490143
I'm 100% not kidding. (and this is the first time I have responded to you ITT). I just read back through the thread and I have no idea what you are even talking about.

Your posts are incoherent. I don't even know if I agree with them or not, Because they are borderline babble.

You should probably get help of some kind.
>>
I'm not rich in that I don't have access to much money currently, but my family is wealthy. My father is the owner and president of a large operating company that handles oil and natural gas production. My trust fund is set up in such a way that I will receive several million dollars some time after I turn 30 along with certain incentives (lump sums for graduating college, post-grad degree etc).

It feels good in that I know I never have to worry about being poor. For me though it is very stressful because I am the only son and expected to match or exceed my fathers success given all the opportunities I've had growing up.

Also, when my parents die I am the one in control of the trust fund for my two sisters, which means I decide what they have access to and why.

Growing up my life was all about money. Designer clothes, a private jets and expensive cars were the norm. As a result I am almost solely motivated by greed and materialism and my career plan is simply to gather as much wealth as possible in an attempt to out earn my father (unlikely). I'll probably always live in his shadow.

I'm currently going to an expensive private university, live in a 1 bedroom apartment that costs $3300 a month and drive a $100k sports car. I can answer any questions if you guys have them.
>>
File: 5686786868.png (301 KB, 395x367) Image search: [Google]
5686786868.png
301 KB, 395x367
pic related is rich and sometimes if you see him on omegle r9k tag he'll buy something for you. legit.
>>
>>28485454
yet another asshole that shows how much he makes and then doesn't explain how in any way shape or form.

FUCK you. if I was making 10K a month I'd travel the fucking world and live life and yet you're posting on some fucking gay ass board for losers. FUCK YOU
>>
>>28487254
This.

My parents are literally hoarders. I grew up wearing hande downs and not getting money for field trips.

When I was a kid in thought it was bullshit, but now I get that info had health insurance and none of my friends did. I have perfect teeth theirs are all fucked up. And I have no college debt because I learned to hoard like my parents. But I expect it will stop hoarding after my first million unlike my parents.
>>
>>28490143
Off you go >>>/tumblr/
>>
>>28483768
By working hard and not being poor anymore.
>>
I'm not rich, I'm a step beyond rich.
My family is part of the 1% in my country.

But really, I have nothing now and I didn't have anything growing up.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.