[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have absolutely no talent >Therefore any attempt to channel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: tfw life.jpg (74 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
tfw life.jpg
74 KB, 500x484
>Have absolutely no talent
>Therefore any attempt to channel your depression into some creative medium is a complete waste of time

What's the fucking point?
>>
no point. none at all. i wish i was dead, i'm afraid of the dying part though. it's stupid. all this time being actively in pain and i fear a few moments of pain to have the only thing worth having at this point. stupid.
>>
>>28483708
What medium have you attempted and what where the results?
>>
Fuuuuuuuck. You're me man. The most I can do is do drugs and just numb my brain with movies.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 282x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 282x386
>>28483708
damn i know that hard feel
>>
>>28483734
Mostly music. I always compare my lyrics and my guitar work to musicians I look up to and feel inadequate with what I've come up with compared to when they're capable of.
I always end up giving up halfway through recording or writing a song. I can't even sing so I don't know what I'm going to do with any of my lyrics.

If I were to ever put out music I'm sure people would think it's mediocre or cringe worthy
>>
>>28483778
You could sell your lyrics to singers or bands. A lot of artists work with writers. They're the craftsmen, and you're the guy supplying them with wood.
>>
>>28483794
I never thought of that

I mean since I can't even sing I'm not going to use them, I'll consider it.
>>
File: i_did_this.jpg (954 KB, 900x587) Image search: [Google]
i_did_this.jpg
954 KB, 900x587
>>28483778
/mu/? You probably know better than me that some technically average musicians make great music. Have you tried joining a band?

I picked the medium that requires the least effort and talent: /p/. I take shitty pictures of things and feel good about myself because it's something I crated and it's personal. I show them to family member and they think it's great even when I know it's not that great.

Stop judging your own work. Put it out there and even if you know it's bad someone might think it's good and that will make you feel better. It hurts when you think something is good but nobody else does but at least you have something you like.
>>
File: 1424925885931.jpg (61 KB, 435x312) Image search: [Google]
1424925885931.jpg
61 KB, 435x312
>>28483814
Just don't forget about us little guys when you're making thousands in your moderate sized home in the suburbs off of those lyrics.
>>
>>28483708
>tfw my only talent is screenwriting
>single most mentally/emotionally draining, least cathartic creative outlet there is

oh well, it's something i guess
>>
>>28483865
That's a good photo.
I'll try to put some music though, anonymously though.

>>28483872
I'll never forget you guys ;)
>>
>>28483887
Have you seen Adaptation.?
>>
>>28484038
Thanks bro.

>mfw gave some shitty band the right to use my shitty photo as their album cover and they gave me the right to use their shitty song
>>
>>28484041
hoo yeah i fucking live Adaptation., my guy
>>
>>28483778
>try to find enjoyment in practicing music as a hobby
>compare your hobby-level productions to those of talented musicians
>somehow find surprising that they're not in the same league
>even more surprisingly lose the will to live because of this perfectly expected and ok result

>robots, not even once

On a more serious note robot your misery is stemming from the fact that you're actually not making enjoyment the purpose of having a hobby, it's all about the unreasonable "incredible success/miserable failure" for you and unsurprisingly you follow that narrative to its logical conclusion.
I don't know man you should be happy you can even moderately play music, I'm a normie and I can't do it, I suck at this in a major way.
I have a ton of hobbies I do just because the activities themselves are their own reward and it makes me feel good.
And it's not like it's the end of the world if music turns out to not be your thing: I bought a guitar a few years ago, suck at it, moved on, sold it and went on doing things I was better at/enjoyed more.
Anyway hope you'll feel a bit better eventually.
>>
>>28483887
>tfw my only talent is screenwriting

if you think screenwriting specifically is a talent then it's fucking clear why you're a shit writer.
>>
download fruity loops and produce music.
I enjoy it. It helps pass the time.
Do 3D renders. Make your own waifu.
Draw shit. Nobody ever has to see it and you can just draw whatever you want. It's fun.
>>
>>28484151
well obviously i play an entire film shot for shot in my head as i write it, anon..
>>
>>28484095
thanks mr. normie, I appreciate it
>>
>>28483708

>WANTING to be creative
>wanting to give anything of any value back to the world
>wanting to create things which will be enjoyed by people you hate
>wanting to provide entertainment to cunts and whores

no thx
>>
>>28483708
Having no talent is in fact a talent
Congratulations
>>
>>28483778
> I always compare my lyrics and my guitar work to musicians I look up to and feel inadequate with what I've come up with compared to when they're capable of.

Do you understand that this is because these people have doing this shit hardcore for years? You aren't just born good at something, you have to spend years being shit, then even more years being sorta okay, then you get to be good. The difference between them and you is that when they saw how shit they were starting out, they didn't let it deter them. Even then, your typical musician probably makes a dozen shitty songs for every good song that actually gets released.

You have learn to accept the fact that this shit takes time and patience.
>>
>>28484068
I hated the end of the movie. 2strange4me. I was enjoying the whole "did this really happen" aspect of the movie early on and the end just ruined that. Still a surprisingly good movie. Screen writing seems like constant torture until you make something nice and it feels good for a little bit then back to the torture.
>>
>>28484179
You don't have to "give" anything. A lot of creative types just make stuff they personally like and others just happen to want to consume it.
>>
>>28483708
I know this feel so fucking hard.
fuck you chink moot my comment is not unoriginal
>>
>>28484276
Exactly. Creation is a journey for the one who takes it. If they bring something back from process that others appreciate, all the better, but if not, they got something out of it themselves.
>>
>>28484239
always. it's also really hard to get feedback on. you can either a) get someone you know to read, b) pay for like a blacklist review or c) post it on reddit. with a, you're not getting an unbiased perspective, with b i constantly second guess myself whether it's even near good enough to submit to a real professional reviewer, and with c you're really not getting an unbiased perspective either, most of the screenwriting guys on reddit are hyenas waiting for an excuse to tear you apart. if you're a musician you just have to play your song for somebody.
>>
>>28484421
>if you're a musician you just have to play your song for somebody.
pretty much like poetry. just takes a minute or maybe a couple minutes. if someone was just getting into creative expression, I'd never recommend long form writing.
>>
>>28484471
yeah i really fucked myself by getting into this so young. honestly though sometimes when i even just talk about the many different facets of my stories, i occasionally get people who seem legit awe struck and impressed with how complex a creative process it is. like these folks only really dabble in music or illustration, they don't put nearly as much thought into their work. it's hard to get started talking about it without coming off as level 100 autismo, but like once a month i get a captivated audience of 1 or 2
>>
>>28484552
once you're truly into long form writing, once it's gripped your soul and won't let go, half of you is always in that world. you don't belong just to yourself anymore, you belong to your writing. people can be really fascinated by it but I hate to start because I could go on forever and they wouldn't get most of what I'm saying.
>>
"TALENT" ISN'T A FUCKING THING
IF YOU PUT EFFORT INTO LEARNING HOW TO DO SOMETHING YOU BECOME GOOD AT DOING THAT THING

HOLY FUCKING WOW
>>
>>28486086
>everyone gets better at the same rate, no one's effort gets them more or less than anyone else

Sure dave
>>
>Have talents
>Music,Singing,Drawing,Painting... anything creative
>Literally the only things I'm good at
>None of them are actually useful in real life
>Because I'm black I'll never even get a proper chance (job) to prove how good I am at them

JUST
>>
>>28486086
Shawn lane got to where he was at at like 17
>>
File: 1447017835343.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447017835343.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>tfw not creative melodically or technically
>>
>>28486086
Then you aquire talent freindo
>>
>>28486086
>YOU BECOME GOOD AT DOING THAT THING
at a rate, starting at a minimum, and ending at a maximum, all of which vary person to person
talent
>>
>>28486502
>starting at a minimum
0, for everyone
nobody's fucking born playing the piano
>ending at a maximum
short of having a physical disability preventing you from becoming proficient this again will be the same for everyone

the rate? sure, this i'll accept will vary.
everyone learns different things at different rates
>>
>>28483708
newsflash: everything is a waste of time
>>
>>28486502
this

tbqh famalam original comment...etc
>>
>>28483708
I know the feel, I've never been good or talented at anything. No matter how much I try and practice I fail. I've tried drawing, music, and coding to name a few. I'm just not good at anything
I tried making my own post about this on this board but all I got where replies saying "you just have to keep trying" and "try harder". God I hate normies, stupid naturally talented normies
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.