[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does WoW mean to you? >WoW is the reason I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 932900932690236.jpg (178 KB, 751x346) Image search: [Google]
932900932690236.jpg
178 KB, 751x346
What does WoW mean to you?

>WoW is the reason I didn't start college until 29 years of age
>>
File: 1461207929582.png (309 KB, 587x552) Image search: [Google]
1461207929582.png
309 KB, 587x552
>>28483685

Vanilla, BC, WOTLK and MOP were really the best games I've ever played

Cata and WoD were start of the end. Legion is going to be the final nail for the coffin

I spent even more time in pic related
>>
>>28483740
>Cata was the start of the end
>MoP which came after was good

So there is a chance for redemption then
>>
>played on a really shitty UK private server as a kid
>literally a max capacity of 40 people
>ran around exploring the world, chatting with the regulars
>lots of polish 20+ guys giving me life advice
>every quest was an adventure, every new zone was exciting
I had a great time desu, feels like it was the way WoW was meant to be played
>>
>>28483740
Legion is bretty gud my man. Get hype for beta tomorrow
>>
it meant alot but it just became worse and worse and eventually i stopped after 10years

>2 tiers for an xpack

that pissed me off, im not buying legion
>>
File: coincidence.png (69 KB, 356x219) Image search: [Google]
coincidence.png
69 KB, 356x219
I wonder if there's a connection.
>>
Back then
>with a few exceptions, quests were standalone and doable at any time if you were the right level
>you felt like an adventurer going around exploring
>the world was dangerous and accomplishments felt rewarding
>in raids you were a nameless soldier in an effort, one more sword for your superiors to take to your enemies, which was lorefriendly and made sense in an MMO

Now
>you have to do every single quest in a zone from start to finish regardless of level, it's all one big linear line
>if you miss a single obscure quest, like one from an item drop, you can't continue
>you feel like you're being pushed along on an escalator in a theme park
>you. cannot. die. unless you're just being stupid or so awful at the game you just autoattack. and even then you might win.
>YOU are the main character in lore. YOU are the "commander". the hero with the LEGENDARY WEAPON. and so is every other player. the fuck?
>>
>>28483740
>>28483776
I really don't understand why everyone says they love mop now (maybe its because wod was so bad) most people disliked it when it was out.
>>
>>28483740
this

legion is just the final money suck before blizzard throws it in the trash

literally the only reason they are making this expansion is to suck as much money as possible before it dies off
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.