[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to work on my eye contact. Part of the reason it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: latest[1].jpg (5 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
5 KB, 260x260
I want to work on my eye contact. Part of the reason it's so hard for me is that I don't want to be seen as "creepy", but I've decided 1) it's presumptuous of me to assume what reaction people will have, and 2) it doesn't matter (at least not to the degree that would reasonably explain my past avoidance), since I've given up on making friends. I have determined that the current typical reaction of pity / awkwardness is detrimental to effective interactions, but I don't want to make things worse, so what is a normal amount, seconds, percentage of speaking time, whatever, to hold eye contact? What is a normal expression to hold?
>>
as a person who does not have eye contact issues, and forced to think about it, i see it like this..

just fucking let your eyes do what they want. anything that seems forced will feel forced. so stare them in the eye i dare you fool
>>
>>28482762

This is a problem, because what feels natural for me is 0% eye contact.
>>
I dont have no answers, but I feel you op, by now its a conditioned response to avoid eye contact to me.
>>
>>28482728
you can't hold eye contact because you have low self-esteem

until you learn to feel confident in yourself you will never truly master eye contact no matter what you do
>>
File: post eyes.jpg (30 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
post eyes.jpg
30 KB, 500x333
>>28482728
If you got good eyes, keeping eye contact is even better. Can you post a picture of your eyes?

If you have psychopathic eyes or small pupils it can be more threatening.
>>
>>28482728
jesus christ this is some serious autism. how do you overthink something so simple and natural
>>
Just tell people your muslim OP. Not making eye contact is socially acceptable for them.
>>
I'm in the same boat OP. Fml.
>>
>>28483100
not true

i have severely low self-esteem is maintaining eye contact has never been a problem for me

don't really get why so many people have trouble with it honestly
>>
>>28483134
and*, not is
>>
It depends on the culture and the relationship and scenario between people too. Google a pdf or epub of the definitive book of body language. It's an interesting read and goes into eye contact too.
>>
>>28483127
And dogs
>>
File: IMG_0109.jpg (75 KB, 566x279) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0109.jpg
75 KB, 566x279
>>28483108

They're basically a dark muddy grey/green.

Aside from the color, I believe they are what's called "hooded", so I usually look drowsy / disinterested, unless I really raise my eyebrows and open them up wide.
>>
Look them in the eyes, show your dominance. I think people get uneasy when I don't break eye contact, it is probably intense for them and I don't care.
>>
>>28483171
I was looking at that picture and found it odd the eyebrows weren't coming in. Now I realize I have some VERY low hanging eyebrows. Maybe it makes me look more aggressive than I actually am.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.