[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh my fucking god 99% of shit I Google turns out to also be the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: fuck-google.png (307 KB, 1636x1024) Image search: [Google]
fuck-google.png
307 KB, 1636x1024
Oh my fucking god
99% of shit I Google turns out to also be the name of some obscure movie or song that overpowers the first ten pages of results
We fucking need a no media filter for Google, hell we need to scrap Google all together. Shit has become completely unusable
>>
>>28481614
What about Fuck OP?
>>
>>28481614
>google death of hitler
>get death of hitler
>google dog
>get picture of dog
dont see what you mean OP
>>
File: 1462272122203.jpg (32 KB, 604x475) Image search: [Google]
1462272122203.jpg
32 KB, 604x475
>google logic
>get some fucking rapper
>>
>>28481700
Google anything that is also part of a famous song lyrics.
I swear it didn't use to be this bad, almost all my results are media related
>>
Search with filters. Example:
braindead normalfag -artist
You'll find normalfags and but not "artists"
>>
>>28481735
Exactly, the way Google has been working for a couple of years is it no longer searches for the most correct interpretation but the most popular results. It used to be that googling logic gave you results for logic and googling logic rapper gage you results for rapper
>>
>>28481869
Usually I'll add wiki to search since I probably want to look at wiki page anyways.
>>
>>28481827
It doesn't work.
I bet it's all the fault of the new pahjeet CEO, everything awful Google did started with that guy and its all money grabs. They don't want me googling something they can't bombard me with ads for so anything that ca n be sold takes priority
>>
>>28481919
Yeah except I can't trust Wikipedia anymore since editors keep getting found out for doing horrible things because they are biased
>>
File: pe.jpg (38 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
pe.jpg
38 KB, 500x300
>>28481940
Can you trust yourself?
>>
File: google98.jpg (49 KB, 1365x640) Image search: [Google]
google98.jpg
49 KB, 1365x640
>>28481614
Google has become way too big and popular for its own good. The Internet itself should have never become this widespread or accessible.
>>
>>28481979
Honestly Google is so fucked up I have been searching things on YouTube or adding the name of this mega forum that I know, it only gives me results for that forum but it has. such a large userbase and its been here for so long it most likely has the answer in looking for
>>
>>28481614
>bottom of page
>>just to let you know we're not showing you every result due to copyright infringement :^)
I gave up on them a long time before they did this incessantly
>>
>>28482029
The internet has been massive for almost ten years now, this new shit is well... New that's why people don't complain so much yet.
At the begging of the internet you loged in to some site and either looked for the answer of asked the question and waited for an answer, then came search engines and you didn't need to remember one site anymore, now we came full circle and if you want to know something you have more luck posting the question in Facebook and waiting for a friend to answer it that using Google, YouTube keeps getting worse, Android keeps getting worse. What happened to the commitment to give you the best results?
>>
>>28482124
Yeah that's also a good complain, I get being forced by us law to censor something but it should only be censored in the US you piece of shit.
Also in Europe there is the right to be forgotten act, look it up, the whole world gets people censored if France wants it that way
>>
>>28481614
I never thought of it like this before: but isn't Google basically the Reddit of search engines? It organizes the ranking of websites based on behavioral metrics of the majority of people searching for a given term (such as bounce rate and citations), meaning that it reflects what the majority wants and not necessarily any direct relationship to the term.

So for example: you try search for logic like a poster here noted and because the majority are only interested in Logic the rapper, a bunch of bullshit comes up. I never imaged this would be the case, but now it seems that the most retarded portion of the population are essentially controlling the hierarchical ranking of accessibility to all the worlds information in the most popular search engine. That's kind of like Orwellian censorship through being fucking retards.

Christ, I never would have imaged 10 years ago what a dystopian hell the web would become post social media ...
>>
>>28482180
Right to be forgotten is bullshit.
>>
>>28482180
>>28482301
>i don't know how to say how mad
>tfw yutellme?
>>
>>28482295
it didnt use to be like this bro. This shit is all new, google creators claimed that in the future you would only need the im feeling lucky button and today we are further away from that than we have vever been.
They have to give me the option to use the old google back
>>
>>28481614
Google tracks everything you do. I have firefox delete my cookies every time I quit firefox and I use duck duck go. Only time I use google is when duck duck go doesn't have enough results for obscure searches.

Youtube pisses me off when it recommends shit on the home page. Luckily I can close firefox and get a fresh youtube front page without recommendations.
>>
>>28482403
What happens when information becomes so saturated that there's 100 different pop culture references for every given scientific term or concept so that when you Google a simple concept it comes up with a hundreds of retarded links for various TV shows. I can honestly see this happening and it largely already it.

I have never noticed this before: but Google is fucking broken. It has no good way to organize relevance since it relies only on statistics.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-27-16-07-31.png (811 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-27-16-07-31.png
811 KB, 1440x2560
>>28482470
>Google tracks everything you do

This. I googled this album because I was planning on buying it either physically or on Amazon. I was too lazy to type in Amazon.com so I just used Google. Later in the day when I was browsing kikebook for normie gold, this popped up.

>mfw the botnet knows
>>
>not using DuckDuckGo
>>
>>28482507
You can't even blame google for that. That is all amazon cookies doing that. I hope you don't use amazon BTW.
>>
>>28482507
Get plugins to wipe cookies etc.
>>
File: 1447031050633.png (7 KB, 377x326) Image search: [Google]
1447031050633.png
7 KB, 377x326
>>28481614
I know what you mean OP

>Google random word
>get some obscure movie taking up the first ten results
>Google some nonsensical phrase
>get a countless random songs as first dozen results
>Google any name
>get some celebrity ive never heard of for the entire first page
>>
>>28481614
This is such a stupid post.
It's supposed to be like this when you google a SINGLE word.

you retard, what else could you possibly be googling when you just type "logic" You're going to get titles/names and things like that.

You can always google "logic definition" to get the definition. What the fucking fuck do you fuckers want, Randomized bullshit?
>>28481735
>>
>>28482520
>FuckFuckNo

I agree google sucks tho, am prettymuch forced to use it if i want to find something
>>
>>28482726
>what else could you possibly be googling when you just type "logic"
I don't know man maybe logic?
>>
I recently googled a massage parlour I visit sometimes and beside the result for their website, it said "you last visited this page on __ __ 2011"

Wtf Google man
>>
searx.me
>>
>>28482520
ddg.gg for life.
>>
>>28482773
and you GOT logic.
Logic the rapper, logic the song name, definition and so on.

You got that you fucking retard.
>>
>>28482623
i registered a complain, 90% of google use is by kids below the age of 14 and thats the problem, fuckers flood the system with that shit. It started happening 3 years ago but only since 2015 it became unberable and its going to keep getting worse, maybe it only affects us now, lets say 3% of users but 3% of google users is a fuckton of people, they may be able to afford to loose us as costumers but its easier to just give us a solution
>>
>>28482726
except it happens with almost everything i google retard
>>
>>28482980
I would think that logic as in math and philosophy would be more accurate than a middling rapper.
>>
>>28482980
howv about when two things have the same anme, what if there is two logic rappers?
>>
>>28483033
>90% of google use is by kids below the age of 14

you can't be serious
>>
>>28483184
In 2016 85% of google traffick was toddlers.
>>
>>28482138
>What happened to the commitment to give you the best results?
Done is perfect :^)
>>
>run Google searches for things like "female virginity and divorce statistics"
>all results are from feminist shitholes like the Huffington Post and Jezebel with titles like "Does Female Virginity Prevent Divorce?"
>have to keep refining search terms over and over to weed out heavily biased opinion pieces and get actual studies

it's like Google knows the proper results are devastating and shoves a bunch of crap in my face to hide the truth.
>>
>>28483227
source?

asdfsdfsagsfsasfdfsa
>>
>>28483184
Thee are a lot of kids
Kids are a demographic
They are the biggest demographic
They single handedly made pedwiepie
You may spend a lot of time online but you use the same two sites
Most 4 Chan users cicle the same 5 sites but some use a sixth one such as wizzardchan users
Because kids are the biggest demographic they account for the most searches
Kids also spend more time online than any other demographic, they come home from school and grab the computer or tablet or phone and stay online until its time to sleep
Just look at Minecraft, younger people are most susceptible to can be, in 2026 the difference between you and a 14 year old is the same as the difference between a 20 and 40 year old in the 1950
>>
>>28483302
We need filters and it can't be denied anymore, they already exist for countries, clickbait is a serious issue and they used to fight it. When you search hot news and the first page is buzzfeed blog posts then 99% of people will click there and not learn the news
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.