[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what exactly is the point of having this board? Is it just to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: dadpissed.png (602 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
dadpissed.png
602 KB, 640x1136
what exactly is the point of having this board? Is it just to enforce originality or is it an experiment?
>>
>>28481239
there isnt anything original here except the order of the words
>>
It's like an isolated pathogen experiment. The board culture that's developed here is completely unlike anything else on 4chan, and the threads have a general focus despite there being no real rules, unlike /b/ which is a mess of everything.
More isolated vs more open, communities develop differently.
>>
>>28481239
>originality
>r9k
Top kek. Where are you from, newfriend?
>>
>>28481239
so normies can boast about their moral superiority and virtue ethics
>>
>>28481239
>what exactly is the point of having this board?
containment
>>
>>28481239
/r9k/ was an experiment that fail because originality can't be forced by only looking at the world used

still better than /b/ tbqh
>>
/r9k/ is the best board on 4chan
>>
>>28481682
>implying you can contain /r9k/
>>
>>28481239
Originality was once enforced quite mercilessly, by the robot. It's really more of an experiment though than anything. Nobody is exactly sure what /r9k/ is today, but it's generally agreed that this a sort of place where older 4chan users gather to talk about their rather unique set of problems. Beyond that, you'll get a hundred different answers.
>>
>>28481716
/int/ is better
>>
>>28481740
>this is
Damn, I need to get some sleep or something to wake me up.
>>
>>28481239
what exactly is the point of having this board? Is it just to enforce originaIity or is it an experiment?
>>
>>28481239
>Is it just to enforce originality or is it an experiment?

Both! At least initially. It's back because moot felt guilty about nuking the community.
>>
>>28481773
I would agree but I don't like generals, or people speaking languages other than English. So I don't agree.
>>
>>28481773
/r9k/ is the comfiest board

I'd say /fit/ is the best for a mix of fun and actual discussion (but there is a cancerous slice of the demo), and /tv/ is the best for shitposting
>>
>>28481239
It's a failed experiment that we can't kill just yet.
It's like frankenstein.
>>
File: 1462248240317.jpg (520 KB, 831x1172) Image search: [Google]
1462248240317.jpg
520 KB, 831x1172
It's an experiment.

In a board where you can't spam memes and are made to be original
by virtue of a glorified spam filter, the end result is a bunch of navel-gazing,
self absorbed losers who just want to vent about their pathetic, lost lives.

/r9k/ is the truest face of 4chan.
>>
What's the point of any board?

It's all the same shit.
>>
>>28481957
Except it was killed once and lobotomized after that, but it keeps coming back.
>>
>>28481615
Allopatric speciation, if you will.
>>
I've been on this board since its inception. It used to be one of the more intelligent boards but kust before it was killed it had begun to spill into other boards and the tfwnogf threads became more prevalent.when it returned One guy kept making the cum on her face threads and thats where it went to shit. There was a time when I was more welcome here. Now it's overrun by crybabies.
>>
>>28481977
>you can't spam memes
and still its complete shit, amazing.
but at least it prevents spamming the same shit over and over a little.
it would be perfect if it would mute the braap-freak for lifetime.
>>
>>28481773

int is too clogged up with generals

but i'll admit that's better than this shit hole for the past few weeks. so many shit threads... seems like half the threads are blah blah "fembot" blah blah and "X male Y female" and "Y pussy belong to Z cock" threads constantly. hasn't been a funny meme in months.... almost want to leave this entire website desu
>>
>>28481905
It is. I feel like people used to try a little bit harder though anyway. /tv/ is still usable, (unlike /mu/ for instance which seems to have an average length of 2-3 words/post), but most people make next to no effort on /tv/ so it's like we all just get comfy in our laziness there.
>>
>>28482092
I made the first post here. It was a mudkip and a small sentence I believe.

Really miss the great stories and advice
>>
>>28482125

almost every board is too clogged with generals.

i remember when generals were new and a matter of contention. boy do i wish i'd fought harder against them, it's such a suffocating trend for board cultures.
>>
>>28482135
Just by virtue of having a spouse I get shit like " durrr normalgag reeeeeeeeeee. Left and right. Shit isn't even funny.
>>
>>28482147

want to start the "generals = reddit" meme?

it's basically true
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.