[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will be starting a job in a call center soon... what am I in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: call-center-agent.jpg (65 KB, 346x282) Image search: [Google]
call-center-agent.jpg
65 KB, 346x282
Will be starting a job in a call center soon... what am I in for? I'll still be a wagecuck, but I'm expecting it to be a lot better than working retail... right guys?
>>
Call centers aren't as physically demanding as retail, but they can be very nerve-wracking... Eventually, you'll get tired of being screamed at and bitched at by your clientele, as well as by your management...

But. overall, it's still better than retail due to less physical exertion required on your part. Sitting at a desk always beats being up on your feet all day.
>>
expect entitled people
>>
Thanks anons, I'm sure I'll be able to hang in there for 6 months to a year. Shit customers don't bother me too much (but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong).
>>
>>28479807
Just don't take anything personal. From customers or management. You'll most likely never talk to that person ever again, and managers change every 6-12 months anyway... Just keep your head down... Go back to school...
>>
Id rather take a warehousing job
>>
>>28480528
Used to work warehouse and now I work retail.
Retail is so much fucking better.
>>
>>28480460
I've been doing it for a few years. Within call centers there are always specialty departments outside of the basic customer service shit. Those should be your goal, try to get in one of those ASAP. Customer service can be very mentally draining, people will scream and yell and be extremely entitled because they have nothing to lose, it's just a phone call for them. What kind of company are you gong to be working for?
>>
>>28480598
Basically outsourcing for the telecom companies in town.
>>
>>28480794
That sounds brutal... Good luck!
>>
I cant imagine how bad you have to fuck up to work a call center. I have to assume you are at least 18, how the fuck did you manage to develop no skills other than being a voice over a phone in that time period?
>>
>>28480872
Here's your (You). Now fuck off, troll.
>>
>>28480872
better than being a NEET. Do I have to remind you what board this is?
>>
>>28480872
Pretty much this. I've done every job under the sun but a call centre is the only one that legit made me dread going into work and want to kill myself. I couldnt take it any more, missed 3 shifts then when they called me asking if I was coming back I made something up about my uncle dying from brain cancer.
>>
>>28480598
I got into the 2nd line support department but they get paid exactly as much as 1st line (incoming calls) except no commission and no evenings/weekends so the pay is even worse. totally retarded desu
>>
>>28480934
Do you have severe social anxiety or something? I know its r9k, but the customers were honestly the only bearable part of that fucking job and I'm a friendless virgin.
>>
>>28481120
Referring to Walmart, sorry.
>>
>>28480528
Not OP but I've been applying for warehouse jobs and they always deny me because I don't have warehouse experience. How the fuck do people get those jobs in the first place?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.