[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/self-learning general/ - NEET mandatory viewing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10
File: edX logo.jpg (16 KB, 364x248) Image search: [Google]
edX logo.jpg
16 KB, 364x248
I thought I'd share this with you, /r9k/, after trying and enjoying it.

Basically this is a site containing many free courses. You can learn at your own pace and pick subjects that interest you. If you're NEET, this seems like a great way to spend some of your time.

https://www.edx.org

I've also created a discord so anyone working on courses can chat with other anons working on courses so we can keep each other motivated. If you are interested in joining us, here is the link (please no spam or trolling) https://discord.gg/0zlRlveS7Q1PxUTX

Other sites anons have suggested:
www.codeacademy.com - learn to code
www.udacity.com - learn to code
www.coursera.org - free online courses
www.openstax.org - free textbooks
www.khanacademy.org - free short lectures and exercises
>>
>>28479481
>If you're NEET, this seems like a great way to spend some of your time.
Not really, this "education" is non-accredited (in any sense); no institution, academy or employer on this earth will take you seriously if you tried to apply what you've learned.

You might as well be masturbating right now.
>>
>>28479613
Learning something is definitely a better use of time than masturbating or playing vidya. For example, if I learn to code using edX and pay for an industry certification, I can get hired with that industry certification - the test which I was able to pass through online learning.
>>
Bumping for knowledge. Every bit helps!
>>
>>28480023
>Coding meme
I get what you're doing but please don't
>>
File: 1462856577625.png (381 KB, 460x607) Image search: [Google]
1462856577625.png
381 KB, 460x607
>>28479481
Youtube
Library Genesis
>>
>>28479481
How about learning how to write articles? A lot of sites and site owners are willing to pay writers write content for their websites
>>
>>28479481
One chance and the invite expires. :(
>>
>>28482049
That's the shit that discord is. OP could have suggested any other chat medium and it'd be fine.
>>
Thanks OP. Made an account and signed up for CS50x, hopefully I'll learn some useful stuff.
>>
>>28479481
>learn to code
where can I download a free IDE, what language should I use
>>
File: 1461827154541.gif (726 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1461827154541.gif
726 KB, 300x168
Thanks, OPie. Bookmarked.
>>
>>28482049
Oh, sorry about that. Here is a new invite
https://discord.gg/0zlRlveS7PzR3Oau
>>
Bumping for knowledge. Very original.
>>
>>28482617
python
pycharm
>>
File: tumblr_nlaq8aGXw61qze3hdo1_500.gif (642 KB, 500x291) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlaq8aGXw61qze3hdo1_500.gif
642 KB, 500x291
Bumping for knowledge. Original desu
>>
>>28482682
Do you earn a commission?
>>
>>28485857
Lol, no. I'm not a shill.
>>
good shit right there if i do say so myself...is there anything for drawing?
>>
Bumping for all! Bumping the call!
>>
>>28482617
Start of with Java. Python's another good choice but javas more similar to most popular general use languages

Eclipses is a good IDE
>>
>>28488474
>java
i think you mean C#
yes they're pretty much the same but everything made with/for java all feel like dated garbage
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.