[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are video games not satisfying me anymore? Is this a phase?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1462157087571.png (34 KB, 470x512) Image search: [Google]
1462157087571.png
34 KB, 470x512
Why are video games not satisfying me anymore? Is this a phase? Please, tell me it is. This is the only thing I like, beside browsing memes, because living is boring...
>>
Force I ran out of games and I have no interest in replaying. I haven't played a game in like 3 months
>>
>>28478815
I still play music games since they're addicting and you're always beating harder songs the more you play.

I also play on my 3DS while shitposting on /r9k/

that's all
>>
>>28478815
Your tastes are changing, try a different genre of games anon. Sometimes you feel like you'll play the same shit forever but eventually the time will come to move on. Maybe you'll find joy in learning a new style of game
>>
I can no longer shake the awareness that nothing im doing in the game is real or has any merit, its all just a meaningless simulation of pixels and images.
>>
>>28478815
I've been playing them for 20 years now.

It's the same old shit again and again.

It's like movies. I don't watch many any more, it's the same old shit again and again.

Even pretty women impress me less than they used to. If they are not going to such my dick, then they are a complete waste of my time and have no use whatsoever.
>>
>>28478815
Same but total war warhammer will change that for me for a bit
>>
>>28478815
Honestly, single player games have been pretty bad this year. Find a group to play games with, one that requires some dedication. Like a D&D group, WoW guild, etc.
Or just find a new hobby and then come back to vidya games later.
>>
You're becoming desensitised to the dopamine response, probably. It's the same with any electronic entertainment, especially active things like browsing and games. We're just not supposed to slam the happy button all day, we're supposed to get a sense of fulfilment from family, friends and a rich sense of purpose. But it's 2016 and we're on r9k so yeah...

Could just be growing up, too. I had so much fun with games when I wasn't old enough to realize how much weight of responsibility was going to come crushing down in the coming years. Some people I used to game with when I was 17 still seem to love it at 24 so who knows.
>>
Music, bro.

Listen to music till you burn out on it, then cycle back to games.

When you burnout on both read.

Repeat until you die.

Also, get ample sleep, exercise, and eat well. Throw some drugs in there too (coffee counts as a drug and does wonders for increasing vidya (and music) enjoyment).
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>28478815
Because at the end of the game your in the same place you were when you started
>>
File: 1458273376436.png (715 KB, 629x758) Image search: [Google]
1458273376436.png
715 KB, 629x758
>>28478815
>try to push myself to play older games like nolf, thief, system shock, god hand, etc
>drop them completely even though they're fun
>feel guilty whenever I'm playing any videogames
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.