[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /here/? I am most certainly not.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: 1454535996467.jpg (1 MB, 1327x1333) Image search: [Google]
1454535996467.jpg
1 MB, 1327x1333
Who here /here/? I am most certainly not.
>>
File: 1454036763964.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1454036763964.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>28478683
What? Then where else could you be, OP?
>>
where is consciousness located? not in the brain
>>
>>28478683
I'm here
I wish I weren't
>>
>>28478683
can someone add gondola to the OP?
>>
Sometimes I get flashes of weird thoughts, like how humans "really" look without your eyes facial detection.
Last night, in my dream, I was in my old high school, and it was MUCH bigger (normal dream thing), and it looked normal but it felt like a clean dungeon. Anyway I walked in through a classroom door and suddenly I'm in a never ending hallway, and as I walk forward people walk the opposite way with their heads down. The hallway was like a red theater exit, with very nice decorations and vaulted ceilings. I walked past a chalk shaded human shape on the floor and continued walking. I went up a flight of the red theater stairs into a department store (forgot stuff). Eventually I was in a library, in the middle of school (it wasn't from my high school) and I went down a chute to my first grade classroom.
Pretty strange, I should start writing these things down because I forget 80% of the cool stuff.
>>
>>28479011
Am I the only one who feels like their dreams are more like distorted thoughts/memories than Yume Nikki weird places? I rarely see anything non-human.
>>
File: NGC 6503.jpg (380 KB, 1280x1382) Image search: [Google]
NGC 6503.jpg
380 KB, 1280x1382
I'm not here
This isn't happening
this is really happening
>>
File: 1459710109314.png (314 KB, 393x402) Image search: [Google]
1459710109314.png
314 KB, 393x402
Every now and again I'll be walking outside and it'll suddenly hit me that we're in some large box and the top of the box is the sky. It feels like I'm in a gynormous Walmart. For some reason everything seems smaller when I get into that mode.
>>
File: IMG_20160323_213911.jpg (257 KB, 1080x1698) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160323_213911.jpg
257 KB, 1080x1698
pic related, I dream this every night.

who here /paranoid/? I get it really bad when alone or at night. I get really uneasy when lying in bed with the lights off. Feels like there's something watching be every night.
>>
>>28479060
Can you elaborate? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>28479213
m8 something is telling you to escape the meat grinder

>Feels like there's something watching be every night.
Iktf but once you sign off privacy as a myth it isn't so bad...
>>
>>28479011
Very interesting, the dream is a wonderous thing
>>
Once I had a dream that made me start to cry at the end of the dream, but I couldn't remember the dream when I woke up...
>>
This thread is now general dream thread
>>
>tfw when walking and you shift between
>walking through the landscape where you're moving and the landscape is still
>and
>walking through the landscape and you're still and the landscape is moving through you
>>
>>28479213
I've found that once you realise that nothing can be worse than continue living, all of my fears at night, in the darkness vanished or were mitigated.
>>
>>28479486
I made a dream thread if you guys want to put all of your dreams in there.
>>
>>28479011
>Sometimes I get flashes of weird thoughts, like how humans "really" look without your eyes facial detection.
My negro. Sometimes I do something similar where I try to picture the stomach as the center of attention for any human, and the head seems like it's just an odd, fifth limb with pizza-esque arrangements of orifices and sensory organs. Then I laugh at how whenever we take pictures of ourselves and others, we tend to make our faces the focus and it objectively seems very silly, because it's the equivalent of obsessively taking pictures of your hand or something.

How often do you dream about high school? I wonder if it's a common thing for people to have dreams about their high school being turned into something else.
>>
File: gondola2.jpg (2 MB, 1327x1333) Image search: [Google]
gondola2.jpg
2 MB, 1327x1333
>>28478805
>tfw cant upload .png version

Hope you like it, anon. Make sure to upload it in the next Gondola thread
>>
>>28478759
>not in the brain

Prove it.
>>
>>28478759
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claustrum#Function
Doesn't seem very conclusive, though
>>
>>28480630
Some people have theorized that consciousness is not produced in the brain, but rather that the brain acts as a sort of "radio receiver" that "tunes in" a consciousness (or soul) located in some other realm.

If that actually is the case, perhaps the claustrum is the actual "receiver" part: Stimulate it with electricity and you blast away the signal with noise. Turn the electricity off and the signal comes in clearly again.
>>
File: drawing lawrence.jpg (218 KB, 1298x1316) Image search: [Google]
drawing lawrence.jpg
218 KB, 1298x1316
>>28479104
>tfw going to sleep tonight
>tfw i will stop the present from existing
>>
>>28479364
I had a similar thing that happened to me. I was dreaming I was walking with someone while holding his/her hand. (I'm not certain about the gender, or being for that matter) I saw the sun in the horizon. I felt a strange happiness. Then it patted me on the back and I woke up.
>>
who /there/ here?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.