[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you learned how to wear your normie mask in the middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: I'm so fucked up....png (329 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
I'm so fucked up....png
329 KB, 500x377
>tfw you learned how to wear your normie mask in the middle of high school and honed your skills to be well liked by your peers
>tfw about to graduate from college and your friends are starting to wonder why they have never met any of the girlfriends they've assumed you've had
>tfw the alcoholism you've developed while trying to hold the facade together is starting to make it shatter faster
>tfw you kinda just wish you could stop having to deal with pretending and could just stop being but don't want to make your family and longest friends sad about not being able to help

tfw trapped in a life that's not even my own
I'm going to go get more beer feel free to disregard this I just wanted to get this out
>>
File: 1430021907119.jpg (52 KB, 780x688) Image search: [Google]
1430021907119.jpg
52 KB, 780x688
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder#The_.27secret_schizoid.27

Welcome to the club
>>
>>28477345
I don't know if I'm happy or depressed that this describes me so well

I guess I should probably stop putting off seeing a therapist
>>
>>28478375
>therapist
don't bother. biggest quacks there are.
you are effectively paying to hear
"just focus on the positives brah, just be yourself"
>>
>>28478436
I'm out of options, I don't know how I can possible live like this once I'm in the real world.

Most recently I had managed to get myself to flirt with a friend of mine, and she actually returned the sentiment but it all fell apart because I was so afraid of explicitly expressing how I felt.

My one chance to finally feel some substantial, real tether to another human and it felt as difficult as making myself walk into fire

I really don't know what else I can possibly do aside from seek help or hope I can find a way to be a functional alcoholic before my mask cracks
>>
>>28478436
Try a positive psychology book maybe. I hate cognitive behavioral therapy with a passion, it doesn't work because I refuse to get with the program.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.