[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>26 >graduated from college with a degree in information
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1459198873783.png (85 KB, 172x233) Image search: [Google]
1459198873783.png
85 KB, 172x233
>26
>graduated from college with a degree in information security & assurance (computer security shit)
>turn down job from Dell because I hate computers and im an idiot
>become NEET and relapse into the worst depression I've ever known these past 2 1/2 years
>never leave my house, become more and more pathetic as my parents urge me to get a job more and more
>its finally come to the point where I can't hold it off anymore
>literally dead inside and have completely given up on life so I apply at this stupid burger place opening soon
>get email back for interview tomorrow
>mfw I'm probably going to get a shitty wagecuck job making minimum wage and when I was younger I was so arrogant to think I would have this great life and poverty work was beneath me
>killing myself at 30 no questions asked.
>>
Is there any sort of work you could do and enjoy? Isn't it possible you could find some sort of fast-track set of skills you could get that'll give you a better job than wageslave at McDonalds? Couldn't you find something like that and explain to your parents that you just need enough time and help to get into something more meaningful.

Working at McDonalds for the short term might actually be positive. Getting out of the house and being forced to engage with other people in a fast-paced environment which'll take your mind off negativity. You don't want to get stuck there, though.
>>
File: 1458512974468.jpg (24 KB, 640x473) Image search: [Google]
1458512974468.jpg
24 KB, 640x473
>>28477025
At the risk of sounding cliche there's nothing I enjoy these days. I'm pretty much devoid of any positive emotions or feelings. As I'm sure others on here can relate, once you've fallen so low, ever climbing back up seems next to impossible. I have no idea what I could do and enjoy. I have no ambition or motivation to do anything. I pretty much want to just get a shitty job and drink myself to an early death. My few friends that I haven't completely ostracized from my life are already making 60-90k a year and I feel like I'm just getting further and further behind in terms of life and progression. Sorry for the blog. I just don't ever see it getting better for me. A true failure through and through so I might as well embrace what I have become.
>>
>>28476947
>>graduated from college with a degree in information security & assurance (computer security shit)
>>turn down job from Dell because I hate computers and im an idiot
what the fuck am I reading
>>
>>28477130

Well would you care to explain what you think causes you to be devoid of any positive emotions or feelings or motivation? Was there a major life event, or a series of events that caused you to feel this way? Is your diet terrible, do you exercise?

As for your friends, you have to give up on comparing yourself to them. There is no fairness in who earns what, if anything the dumber, more 'normie', immoral people are probably more likely to earn more. It's all just a matter of chance and good luck of circumstances. Stop giving a fuck. Besides, you're only 26 and in life that's very young, many of these people earning 60-90k could peak in their careers early and you could end up becoming much wealthier (I'm not sayin this is likely, my point is that in life there are all sorts of reversals and overtaking, being demoralised by what people your own age are earning is ridiculous).
>>
>>28476947
>"graduated from college with a degree in information security & assurance (computer security shit)"

>"turn down job from Dell because I hate computers and im an idiot"

>ITT: Autism Speaks
>>
>>28476947
>Gets a job in a computer-related field
>Hates computers

People like you should be euthanized. How can you be this stupid?
>>
File: 1442953133362.jpg (37 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
1442953133362.jpg
37 KB, 600x468
>>28477316
no major life events or anything like that. Just the realization my life is gonna be pretty shit and a self fulfilling prophecy of anxiety/depression to not give me the energy to change anything about it. I used to exercise but then stopped after years of doing it and now I just sit all day and eat like shit which I know doesn't help but again I do nothing about it.

>>28477372
Nah just a failed normie

>>28477438
I used to love computers and to a certain degree am still good with them. During my senior year in college I worked at a IT job and it crushed my soul and gave me a hatred for computers and working with them/people together that just destroyed any willingness to ever work with them again. Stupid, I know but alas I never claimed to be bright. When I was younger, sure... but now... nah.
>>
>>28476947
i made about 85k this past year and im no happier than when i was making 50k, i actually dont do a lot of the things i used to like to do in my free time since im busier now, and the money seems to disappear about as fast.

id recommend setting your sights on a 45k/year job and picking back up some things you did or want to do in the future.

might be able to do some temp work, i work in the bus industry, but maybe there is an industry equivalent to Robert Half
>>
Maybe you could learn a trade? It's difficult work. Electrician, plumber, welder, pipe fitting, etc. But if you can get your foot in the door and find a place that Will train you as you work it'll be worth it. At most places you will start (slightly) above minimum wage. Personally I get a lot of satistaftion from working with tools and my hands, plus I worked my way up from 9 dollars to 14 a hour in just two years.

Exrcuse my typos. Posting from my phone
>>
>>28477812

Same anon here, just a thought but maybe work some temp jobs in warehouses and stuff. Flipping burgers may show that you can work with others and show up on time. But if you can prove that hard physical work doesn't bother you it'd probably look a lot better on your job history. Plus maybe you'll get /fit/
>>
>>28477559

>Just the realization my life is gonna be pretty shit and a self fulfilling prophecy of anxiety/depression to not give me the energy to change anything about it.

Can't you challenge these beliefs? You admit that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just give up on being on the same level as other people and pursue your OWN happiness on your own terms. You will NEVER be happy comparing yourself to others. Many people get into high paid work that's fulltime and end up regretting the amount of time and energy they had to sacrifice for money.

>I used to love computers and to a certain degree am still good with them. During my senior year in college I worked at a IT job and it crushed my soul and gave me a hatred for computers and working with them/people together that just destroyed any willingness to ever work with them again. Stupid, I know but alas I never claimed to be bright. When I was younger, sure... but now... nah.

So can't you work towards getting some form of work where you're self-directed? Can you learn html and start building websites for people? This puts all the power in your own hands, if you have a shitty annoying client, you can simply terminate your agreement with them. If you earnt enough you could even sacrifice a small amount of income to a 'secretary' to deal with clients on your behalf. You could get into data entry, maybe take a job at first, but then work towards being able to approach businesses and show them your experience - and offer them a cheap deal but insist that you work from home. There are all sorts of opportunities to have self-directed work, typically you might be earning considerably less - but you should be able to find a way to support yourself enough to maintain some freedom and control.
>>
File: 1459775011958.gif (488 KB, 499x367) Image search: [Google]
1459775011958.gif
488 KB, 499x367
>>28476947
>graduated from college with a degree in information security & assurance (computer security shit)
>turn down job from Dell because I hate computers and im an idiot

What
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.