[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think they would do better in a post apocalyptic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 1366x768
Does anyone else think they would do better in a post apocalyptic world?

I feel that humans were meant live in tribes rather than massive nations.

I have plently of experience with firearms as my dad is quite the "gun nut" and have some experience in blacksmithing and general weapons making.

I would prefer living in a kill or be killed environment with direct purpose than the world we live in now.
>>
>>28476527

Direct purpose would be nice but the general chaos would not. Generally if you're on this board you're not exactly socially adept, and interpersonal skills will be extremely important. Small groups will excel, not solitary individuals.

Additionally, the lack of entertainment, and especially quality medical care will be a huge downside. Life expectancy will drop. Food variety will greatly diminish, and many will need to pick up agriculture (unless we're talking practically zero population remaining).

But yes, I do think having practical, immediate purpose would be clarifying and remove all angst from my life.
>>
>>28476527
>I feel that humans were meant live in tribes rather than massive nations
Yeah, most likely. I think it doesn't matter though, mentally speaking. We're part of tons of "tribes". If you think the whole chad thing sucks now, imagine actually being in an actually small tribe. There's tons of different social hierarchies and structures operating in society, I recall reading somewhere that your mind sort of naturally invests in whichever you have the highest social status in. Not sure how true that is.

I don't think an apocalypse would be good at all. I think peace is pretty great, and anyone who thinks otherwise probably hasn't experienced the opposite.
>>
>>28476582
My thought is that if I make stuff and can fix guns someone will keep me around and feed me.

I could go without electronics and television. I do plenty of reading and spent more time in a work shop than playing video games in high school.

There just isn't real value to the life we live.
>>
I feel like we do live in Tribes and we do live in a dog eat dog world.
>>
>>28476625
But I want it to be literal, not figurative.
>>
>>28476527
I thought that for a while
Then I realized that I wear contacts so life would be way worse not being able to see. Also, music movies and books are pretty much the only things that make life worth living and they would all be lost.
If everything went well, a post apocalyptic world sounds pretty cool, but when in life have things ever gone well?
>>
>>28476959
I don't expect it to go well.

I feel making it work myself will do a lot more for me than working a job for the rest of my life.
>>
File: geist.jpg (11 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
geist.jpg
11 KB, 276x183
>>28476527
>tfw Death Force will never be released
>tfw you will never group up with other survivors in an intense struggle against the robots
>tfw you will never be horribly mangled to death
>>
No, I'd be mugged and killed really fast. I"m a blubbering coward
>>
>>28476527
>especially quality medical care will be a huge downside
That's something I never understood. In those "hypothetical disaster scenario" documentaries you see shit like somebody getting a simple cut and it gets infected within a week and he dies.

How often does this happen in real life? How often do people get similar cuts, not get any medical treatment besides what's immediately available (usually some potable water and a bandage, both easily made), and are fine but because society broke down they die from it?
>>
I'd miss toilet paper too much.
>>
>>28476527
chad and his bros would raid your idyllic country cottage, kill you and your 2 year old son, rape your oneitis, then she'd get stockholm syndrome and worship this chad
>>
>>28476582
>>28477350
I meant to link to this post
>>
File: image.png (538 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
538 KB, 650x600
>>28476527
To be honest, a post apocalyptic world would be god awful, the amount of pollution that it would cause, the radiation and perminate damage it would cause if it was nuclear war induced, and yeah, it would be cool to live in tribes and shit, but most of you guys will just die anyway, the world would be ruled by chads and even if you can "fix guns and make things" Chad won't care about you, if he doesn't understand something or if something breaks, he'll just give up on it. Also none of you could go without vidya or the Internet don't even try and deny it, plus no modern medicine so you could die from avery minor injuries.
>>
>>28476527
As someone who blends in with the normies and benefits from the control and reliability of society I would be sad to see it go.
>>
>>28477350
Seems pretty unlikely.

Water-poisoning related deaths and dying from illness would become a bigger issue. Also serious injury would impact people for the rest of their life or kill them rather than be treatable through therapy and surgery.
>>
File: 225468.jpg (20 KB, 314x475) Image search: [Google]
225468.jpg
20 KB, 314x475
>>28477292
Read this manifesto, seriously.
>>
I used to be really into Doomsday prepping and even joined a local group about it. We would go over all these scenarios and how to survive after them. One day I realized it would be a lot of work and I'm probably better off just killing my self in that situation. For example is a Nuke goes off. You have to dig up 6ft dirt before you can farm anything.
>>
File: PunisherTheCell46.jpg (493 KB, 1280x1986) Image search: [Google]
PunisherTheCell46.jpg
493 KB, 1280x1986
I think I'd do okay.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.