[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it considered humane to put down pets but not sick and/or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (361 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
361 KB, 2197x1463
Why is it considered humane to put down pets but not sick and/or elderly humans?
>>
>>28475961
Depends. Quite a few elderly do take their own lives. Quite a few terminally ill do as well. We try to let the person make the decision themselves. Only if they are incapable do we then start to talk about euthanizing them.
>>
>>28475961
I think the tide is changing on this very soon OP. More and more countries are making it legal for the terminally ill to decide to take their own life.
>>
File: unsinkable.png (300 KB, 309x412) Image search: [Google]
unsinkable.png
300 KB, 309x412
>>28475961
He truly was the angel of mercy
>>
>>28475961
It is in Switzerland and the Netherlands. Amerifats btfo.
>>
>>28476370
>illegal in the majority of actually relevant EU countries
>>
>>28476387
Which countries are you talking of? Germany will be a third world shithole by 2020.
>>
>>28476025

And thank god for it. I work in a Burn ICU. People should be required to watch the slow decay bodies are put through before finally they stop. Drugs and medical care have advanced to a state where we can keep a pulse and respiration going much further than before. One just hopes the person is sedated or mentally gone enough not to feel the things we must do to them.

The really fucked up thing is DNRs, even when valid and detailed, can often be voided when a family member insists anyway - this is often due to the doctor or hospital wishing to minimize financial risk. So even that document isn't always enough to save yourself from torture at the end of your life.

>>28476370

A few states in the US allow it now. More will come.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.