[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crippling loneliness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12
File: 117146538.jpg (133 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
117146538.jpg
133 KB, 1024x768
How do you guys get on with it. It sucks being a no-gf loser, I don't mind talking to you robots but sometimes you want a feminine opinion. So what do you guys do to distract yourself from the fact you're wasting away.
>>
Nothing. It is the first thing I think about when I wake up, and the last thing I think about when I go to sleep. I didn't ask to be alive, but I don't want to die.
>>
>>28473320
I go out and get laid. Yes, it's hard to be without a gf - that's why I do everything in my power to spend as little time without a gf as possible.
>>
File: 127863.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
127863.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>28473320
Distracting is a way if you dont understand what life is about. You still think things change or that you are protagonist in a story. You view life as having some arbitrary criteria that we all must fill to lose or win.

There is nothing important to gain in life. You will die and you are not a main character in any grand scheme but noone is and everyone will die too. If you want to find a bit of peace you have to accept the sorrow of life whether you are happy. If you do this loneliness will become melancholy and you can enjoy the emptiness of it all.
>>
>>28473367
Do you ever just lay there in bed hating the fact you woke up? Because that's pretty much every day for me.
>>
>>28473320
By loneliness, do you mean actual loneliness, where you have no friends, or just tfw no gf?
>>
>>28473459
I have people I talk to IRL but that's only when we meet face to face. I don't have people to talk to on my own time, and yes I also wish I had a gf.
>>
>>28473404
So then what is life about? Do I just accept the sorrow and give into my feelings?
>>
It crushed me when I was younger. I'm now emotionally dead.
>>
File: 1462288568682 (1).jpg (201 KB, 1078x779) Image search: [Google]
1462288568682 (1).jpg
201 KB, 1078x779
>>28473320
There are ways.
>pic related
Too bad i don't have a fucking dime to my name to fund one of those ways.
>>
>>28474384
I don't just wanna become emotionally dead on the inside, I wanna be able to enjoy things. Not just push everything down and deal with it.
>>
>>28473320
Video games. Currently waiting for Overwatch so I can forget about real life almost completely.
>>
Embrace it. I've never been in a relationship, haven't had a meaningful friend since middle school. You either continue walking down that lonely road or kys. Life is shit and meaningless, but I continue to move forward, because why not? Seriously, embrace the pain. Instead of trying to distract yourself, centralize what your feeling and focus in on it. Let it envelope your core and it will become numb
>>
>>28474674
Well now I wanna understand this state of emptiness, what do you do to achieve it and what does it feel like.
>>
by telling myself one day I wont screw it up

there is no reason for me to be alone

but i turn them away and alienate them

its my fault

I mostly just try to stay positive and drink it away
>>
>>28474674
How long did it take you to embrace it? I'm 20 and it feels like it's only getting worse.
>>
>>28474972
I wish I could drink all my problems away, only problem is I'm 18 and the USA's stupid puritanical laws hinder my ability.
>>
>>28474936
Self-awareness
Acceptance
Empty and docile
>>
File: 1409359533950.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1409359533950.gif
957 KB, 500x418
>>28473320
I fill my life with a bunch of entertainment

Movies, TV shows, vidya, mangas, comics and the like

Sometimes the realization that I'm alone and a jaded fuck comes to life and it hits really hard, so hard that I put on some sad music and cry my eyes out, other times I manage to fight it off by sleeping and waking up refreshed.

Hopefully getting a job will make these breakdowns less frequent.
>>
File: F1446871227765.png (52 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
F1446871227765.png
52 KB, 400x400
>>28473424
>Do you ever just lay there in bed hating the fact you woke up? Because that's pretty much every day for me.

You dont even know the half of it. I wish i was permanently stuck in a dream or the Matrix.

Lucid dreaming is the closest i can get.
>>
>>28473320
i've been like this since I was starting kindergarten
I got used to it

I mostly play video games, watch anime, youtube, and go on 4chan

I'm pretty content.
>>
>>28474936
Not that anon but I did that. You get a feeling of absolute catharsis from the pain of loneliness and gain a twisted version of the thing Chad does where he in the sincerest of forms stops caring about other people. The only difference is you stop caring about yourself along with others.

At least that's my experience with it.
>>
if i get lonely i fap

the feeling subsides

if i crave social interaction, ill go on 4chan, talk to my uncle for no more than 5minutes or watch a tv show/play a video game with characters in it who will be sufficient enough to substitute real friends.

its worked quite well so far.
>>
>>28475063
How does lucid dreaming feel? I've never experienced it but I imagine it to be beautiful.
>>
>>28474936
you have to accept it and embrace that you ARE AN INDEPENDENT MAN WHO DONT NEED NO WOMYN

seriously. you just forget about it and live your life in other ways than (sex, sex, sex, sex, sex... etc)

Doesn't it kind of sound retarded to just be thinking about that? There is more to life than just sex, relationships, friendships.
>>
alcohol unfortunately OP and it's the worst, seriously anons don't give in to the alcohol meme

lately i've really realized the #1 thing that is making me a lazy piece of shit alcoholic is loneliness which is why i'm drinking right now - i literally cannot face coming home to an empty apartment with no one to come over or go to hang out with, i've actually been a almost-normie before who had friends and shit so i know what it's like to NOT feel like this which makes it 10x worse IMO
>>
>>28475105
Not that anon, but achieving it can be difficult, or at least it has been for me so far. I tried for months but kept slipping into sleep paralysis, unfortunately.

>>28475101
>if i get lonely i fap
>the feeling subsides

how

tell me your secrets anon, whenever I get depressed while fapping I just go full soft
>>
>>28475029
basically this
long days of distraction punctuated by crushing self reflection and general depression
>>
>>28473320
get a decent acid habit going
once this is achieved farm your mind for friends and fantasies beyond your everyday thinking
Sit and look upon YOUR creation for the rest of your years.
>No need to thank me robot
>>
>>28475105

lucid dreaming is just a dream you have control over.

when i lucid dream i can wake myself up out of the dream while in the dream or force myself to stay in the dream, even if my body is ready to wake up.

sleeping with the lights on and having noise outside induces lucid dreaming for me.

its like dreaming but being half conscious at the same time.
>>
File: WZPuJw4.jpg (28 KB, 571x547) Image search: [Google]
WZPuJw4.jpg
28 KB, 571x547
If you are not completely isolated from civilization and you're calling it "crippling loneliness" you're probably just an attentionwhore faggot. I haven't had friends since elementary school and have never been in a relationship of any kind, and never in my life was I depressed over "loneliness". I'm sorry anon, just trying to be honest, you're an overreactive pussy
>>
>>28475174
>how
>tell me your secrets anon, whenever I get depressed while fapping I just go full soft

well what i meant was that if i get that feeling when no gf i just fap and it instantly goes away for a few days to a week.
>>
>>28473320
trust me getting a gf doesn't make the agonising loneliness go away, that's depression buddy

hell I'm getting married to the woman I love and I still wake up most days feeling like utter shit because life is pretty fucking awful overall
>>
>>28475199
such a special snowflake you are anon!
here is the attention you obviously so desperately crave, sorry your parents never gave it to you :(
>>
File: pepeaaauugh.png (339 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
pepeaaauugh.png
339 KB, 680x680
>>28475217

GET THE FUCK OUT NORMALFAG!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

bloxix
>>
File: 1435092432145.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435092432145.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1200
Talking on here is my best way of socializing with people who might understand how I feel, but it's just not the same. Seeing a red exclamation point in my tab is a good feeling, but words on a screen aren't a substitute for seeing someones subtle facial ticks while they talk to you, or the simple force of hearing their actual words.

The loneliness has hollowed me out. It's cold and I long for the warmth of another person to comfort me, but I'm too afraid to indulge in that with anyone. To distract myself I play the occasional game, read a book, watch something, paint models or whatever else, but even while doing those the feeling is still there. It doesn't go away. Probably because nothing else really interests me all that much. Even things that I once enjoyed.

I try to escapism but it's rarely enough. The feeling is always there.
>>
>>28475237
>people crying over not talking to anyone for 20 minutes
>im the attention seeker
>>
File: 1451081105650.jpg (156 KB, 1143x1104) Image search: [Google]
1451081105650.jpg
156 KB, 1143x1104
>>28475166
>seriously anons don't give in to the alcohol meme
I tried, it didn't do shit.
Whenever I get drunk I make sure to have some nice tasting liquor. Beer tastes like shit.
>>
File: 1461205613796.jpg (249 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
1461205613796.jpg
249 KB, 863x752
>>28473404
>>28474674
these two right here show you one way to "resolve" this loneliness
but as cliche as it sounds, the other way is basically what everyone says. go out of your comfort zone, meet new people, bla bla bla

or you can do like i've been doing for a few weeks far from now.
Do it as a punishment, for you from you, for example if you fail on getting that girl's number or whatever, ok you punished yourself, if you get the girl's number, well, you keep going and se how it goes. i actually got this idea from another R9k post and it has been working since
>>
>>28475341
>look how coool I am!
>I never had friends!
>Woo lad!
>>
I've got family.
>>
>>28473320
Wasting away? In my mind I have already wasted away. I am already dead. The clock is still ticking and I am still breathing but it's an illusion. My brain has completely shut down. It has given up. It tries to survive through the means of escapism, but that means there is no coming back already. All that's left for this human being is time. Time will catch up and force him to let go. There was no life here to begin with. The entire world could not fulfill him. Reality was already dead. "I" was a distant dream, an accidental extension of the universe. This creature belonged to the void. Birth can be a crime or a gift, and this human being was a prisoner all of his life. That tells you what side of the coin he landed on. His family was the same. This wasn't meant to be, some people just shouldn't give birth. They don't learn from the mistakes of their own births. Perhaps they got lonely. Perhaps they just didn't care. Whatever it was, all that's left is time. It will save us all by returning us to the void where we belonged. We were not miracles, we were mistakes.

I deal with my loneliness by talking to myself. I am a prisoner so I cannot talk to other people. The outside world is a dream. I have no voice here nor there. It's comfortable insanity. Death will release me from myself. I am nothing.
>>
>>28475192
Do you ever lucid dream as being another person. Just so that you can live a life that isn't completely pathetic?
>>
File: 1418520164337.jpg (87 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1418520164337.jpg
87 KB, 645x773
>>28473320
endless videogames and animes
getting high whenever i feel down
pretty much thats it when i can't be on my pc i get utterly depressed and i always realise how much of a fuck am i
there is no real escape just escapism
>>
>>28475647
Oh lord that's basically what I do. Is there really no hope?
>>
File: 1448775528576.jpg (21 KB, 315x221) Image search: [Google]
1448775528576.jpg
21 KB, 315x221
>>28475494
It's not right, cooping yourself up as a defense mechanism. I get the feeling you find happiness and perhaps solace in keeping and participating in an extended social circle and I urge you to do so. Please. It is partially true, I am funny. A little aloof and detached, caught up in my own interpretation of reality. Please don't worry about the denizens of this place, watch out for your best interests first. You can't extend a hand to help someone in need if you're sinking yourself, though the effort is beyond noble. It's going to be alright.
>>
I fap 3-6 times a day to bring down my libido so it isn't always on my mind.

Oh and drugs.
>>
>>28476142
What kinda drugs you mess with anon?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.