[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ Revolution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 4ybg2jx.jpg (121 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
4ybg2jx.jpg
121 KB, 1024x1024
"""""""Robot9001""""""
>Board shaped by social outcasts for the sole purpose of confiding within each other or, at the very least, giving advice for one another.

>Every fucking thread is full of fucking normies
"Oh I've had 5 gfs"
"Oh that feel when I didn't get to fuck stacey, but got some other bitch instead"
"Oh I wish I didn't go to that party I was invited"

>Threads with tripfags and women often reach the bump limit while threads that actually try to get a decent conversation going ends up falling flat within 5minutes.

Branded as the board full of women hating, Chad and Stacey despising lads
>most are actually fucking failed normies that can still get pussy

Can someone please explain how things became this way?

This place isn't the nogf conversing, feels talkathon it used to be.
Now, it's almost like this board should be dedicated to cyborgs, not robots.

Time for a change has come.
>>
>>28468930
meta discussion is just as bad
but hey
face it, normalfags will ruin every good place we find
there is no escape
>>
>>28468930
Every board that I once loved has turned to shit.

I want to leave, but there's no where else to go.
>>
>that guy who puts 4-6 pairs of quotation marks around words he doesn't like the connotation of.

>/r9k/
>board shaped by an original content filter and a bunch of (ex)/b/-tards

Fixed.
>>
>>28468930
In 2014, the Pepe meme got huge, reddit found out where it came from, flooded this place with memes, the normalfags stayed because being a depressed loser is somehow cool now.
>>
>>28469230
normalfags think it's ironic
"ironic memes" are cool now as well, fucking disgusting
>>
Read about Genius/fanatic/drone/psychopath theory

r9k is being diluted by entryists, we must make our ways more obscure and immediately repulsive to drive them away. as soon as lol quirky autism becomes uncool again the normies will leave
>>
>>28468930
>it's almost like this board should be dedicated to cyborgs, not robots.
Are you suggesting that this board should be targeted towards cyborgs?
>>
""""""""Robot9001""""""
>Board shaped by social outcasts for the sole purpose of confiding within each other or, at the very least, giving advice for one another. "

This just isn't true. This was supposed to be /b/ 2.0 with a automated original content filter, then it got colonized by the "robot"/"khv loser" types after becoming an established place to post feels in general.

t. robot himself who can tell it like it is
>>
>>28468930
>get famous (thanks lebit)
>woman come
>get attention from le cyborgbros XD
>brings more woman with her
>alphas come after her
>betas follow
>mods dont ban them so it never stops
>instead of posting gore and CP like crazy robots do nothing about it other than cry, feeding the normies their delicious tears

there you go

unless mods permaban everyone who addmits not being virgins, woman and with knight, them this place will never be great again
>>
>>28468930
Sleep tight, Pupper!

Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again
>>
>>28469378
POO POO PEE PEE was tried in 2014, and look where we are now.

I'm firmly convinced it was the Oregon shooting that was the death knell. Robots just didn't know it at the time.
>>
>>28469378
So, we bring back there pedophiles?
>>
>>28468930
>This place isn't the nogf conversing, feels talkathon it used to be.
R9k was never supposed to be that place. It was a b with the robot and that's it. You retards came here and thought it's your board. It ain't. Get over it. Go and be lonely somewhere else.
>>
>>28468930
OP, you're part of the problem.

Most importantly, give a solution if you're going to whine about something, don't nebulously demand a change. See desustorage.org/r9k/thread/28023386/

Do not knowingly suggest that /r9k/ was made for robots when you know from the last time you posted this that that leads to a ton of people disagreeing. At least say it was brought back for robots after its deletion, or remove
>Board shaped by social outcasts for the sole purpose of confiding within each other

People are already mad about normalfags and tripfags, and they flame both of them. That does not make them go away.

Stop reposting a shitty metathread, or at least reply to basic fucking arguments and questions when you do. This is not how you change things, you do not generate an evolving dialogue when you ask the same questions answered last night, all you're doing is posting another repetitive, shitty thread in a catalog full of repetitive, shitty threads.
>>
>>28470291
>>28470607
The normies have already infiltrated far too deep.
Now they're acting like they've been here before they found out about this place from leddit.

Just go back to wherever the fuck you cunts came from.
>>
>>28470666
You are probably baiting, but if you sincerely think Moot made /r9k/ in 2008 so male virgins could feelpost you're newer than any of the normies you're complaining about. See http://desustorage.org/qa/thread/497136/

At the very least say /r9k/ was revived in 2011 as a containment board for feelfags, or say explicitly that robots turned the board into a board for feels and that it was better then. Do not pretend you were here first because you weren't. I'm most nostalgic about /r9k/ during the feel years, but this is misleading and stupid.
>>
>>28470789
that's true but it's just nitpicking tbqh
the point still stands: we're losing our board
>>
>>28470854
You're still glossing over a ton of the criticism in >>28470607. Give suggestions, this board has proven that posting a frog and getting mad about people having sex does not make people who have had sex go away. Making people angry about the issue doesn't resolve it. Do not repost the exact same thread when it says things that are basically wrong and it asks questions you already know the answer to. This thread is no better than any other copypasted attempt at reply baiting in the catalog.
>>
>>28470918
the solution is obivous: moderation should be something like wizardchan but less strict
if normalfags get banned they'll realize they are not welcome and their numbers should go down somewhat
>>
>>28470949
Why should /r9k/ do something like ban posters based on who they are? No board does that. Entitled special snowflake.
>>
>>28470985
it's not what they are, it's what they do
bragposting etc
plus advice should go on >>>/adv/ for example, /soc/ thread always on >>>/soc/
>>
>>28468930
you have one man to blame:

TOBY REYNOLDS
>>
>"Oh I wish I didn't go to that party I was invited"
I don't understand what isn't robot about this
>>
>>28471014
Why don't you point to the rule on /r9k/ which says "normies" get banned.
>>
>>28471069
what? I'm saying that it should be a rule, not that it is right now
>Give suggestions
well I did
>>
>>28471104
Good luck with that. Such a ridiculous rule will never be implemented on 4chan. What you want is simply anyone who triggers you to get banned.
>>
>>28470949
>moderation should be something like wizardchan but less strict
This is absurd. Mods do not give a shit about /r9k/ and they have generally hated feelfags for years. /r9k/ has no rules against bragging, or talking about things you do with your friends, or discussing your sexual history, or claiming you're a female. If mods started enforcing such rules they would get whined about endlessly and would risk being removed. Banning women for saying they're women in particular might cause PR problems. If you want wizchan's moderation go to wizchan.

If you want a 4chan board for people over 25, or wizards, or men only, request one. Go to /qa/ and make a thread about it, or contact the mods directly. /r9k/ is basically unmoderated, and we more or less choose what winds up on it. Make threads you want to see and bump them so they don't die, and ignore the threads you don't want to see. The best way to help /r9k/ is to go to the back of the catalog and save good threads.
>>
>>28471165
I suppose you're right
it's a losing battle however
>>
>>28471165
There was already an autist who kept posting such threads on /qa/. Needless to say, he was laughed at because all he wanted was his own board where he could ban anyone that triggers him (girls, unvirgins, etc.)
>>
>>28469517
>Are you suggesting that this board should be targeted towards cyborgs?
Are you asking him if he's suggesting that this board should be targeted towards cyborgs?
>>
>>28471165
I like that the "rules" of /r9k/ are by and large governed by the results of debate and the collective will of the people who frequent this board. Robots decide what /r9k/ should be. Wizchan's moderation works well for keeping out the riff-raff, but they can be oppressive about enforcing the rules.
Freedom that is often abused or censorship that leads to better content. You can have one or the other it seems.
>>
>>28471454
Nobody can agree on what /r9k/ is or even what is the definition of a "robot". It would be nothing but endless shitflinging if anyone tried to kick off this board anyone who is not a True Robot.
>>
>>28471454
>I like that the "rules" of /r9k/ are by and large governed by the results of debate and the collective will of the people who frequent this board
Many threads which people here hate thrive off of the fact that people hate them. Fembot feel threads are so successful in large part because of the retards flaming them by saying women cannot be fembots or posting roulettes under the misapprehension that they are derailing the thread when they are keeping it on autobump with easily hidden spam.

/r9k/ is in an abysmal state. Self moderation works at affecting people who make a good faith effort to fit into a community, but it fails miserably at stopping trolls who want to get as many replies as possible. I don't believe this is going to change, or that garbage will be removed any time soon even if you made a meta thread every day. In most boards on 4chan there seems to be a bottomless well of retards, and you can't hope to reach all of them without reiterating yourself endlessly. Just ignore the things you don't like and try to keep good content alive along with the bad.
>>
>>28471585
I welcome the expanded definition to include cyborg types. However, I think blatant normie shitposting should very much be discouraged here. This is a board for misfits of some sort. Always has been, always will be. At the end of the day, I think we can all agree that /r9k/ should have a subculture, an identity of its own, and not just be another random discussion board.
>>
>>28468930
>Board shaped by social outcasts
No, you speds came here and ruined everything for normal people. Then cry your crocodile tears when we come and take it back.
>>
>>28471825
Bumping the threads with interesting content is all well and good, but the new blood needs to know what this place is about. As I'm sure you very well know, you can post your input in a thread without bumping it using the sage option. Some threads are just trollbait and should be ignored altogether, but if we don't make rational arguments against some of the more unhealthy opinions expressed here, I think people are going to have the wrong ideas about this place. You can't win the battle if you don't fight.
>>
>>28472127
You cannot win the battle at all. You start a lot of flame wars where many people do not sage, and you feed the trolls behind the threads. People are going to go into fembot feel threads to debate over women can be robots for the ten thousandth time, to pretend to be women, and to get women's contact information. Just ignore it because posting tired arguments obviously isn't working. You are only wasting your time and contributing to something you hate. Use your filter. If all of you jackasses trying to enforce board culture just stopped going into those threads they would probably die off.
>>
>>28468930
It's just time to move to 8 chan
>>
File: 1453327714553.jpg (58 KB, 1272x812) Image search: [Google]
1453327714553.jpg
58 KB, 1272x812
Retard.

I've been here since a week after it was created the first time and on 4chan since before the hackers on steroids shit, back when it had frames.

Here's how your beloved shithole went:

Geeky students/minimum wage workers and a select collection of social workers/junior teachers. Some NEETs too but they were on the downlow and good people.

First migrants:
/b/ refugees that contained some edgelords. Because /b/ was 'getting shit' (implying it wasn't always shit.)

Second migrants:
Feeler emotional pussy next gen kids that project unrealistic fantasies onto random women. Usually social networkers (b-b-but my mom made me sign u-u-u-up). Borderline/histrionic women from gamer grrrrrl groups who think they're playing everyone but are as victim to their own need to do it as people are to worship them.
Borderline/histrionic tripfags and anime avatar users who are 20-30 year old sexually slutty men trying to desperately collect on their youth before their suicide past 30.

Third migrants:
Quirky social networkers just here because of the roger elliot shit and to use r9k as a case study for their womans studies papers.

Third Migrants 2.0:
College campus social engineers and viral marketers for social religions like pickup artistry and groups using r9k as 'proof' misogny exists so they can recruit lost women and men into other stupid polarized modern cults.

tl;dr you're all fags except gen 1.
>>
>>28472273
I do not go into threads like that and basically tell people to GTFO because there is no point and it will not change anyone's mind. But if you don't give things a gentle push in one direction or another from time to time, when there's an obvious shift in board attitudes being decided or in threads like this that are generally about the nature of /r9k/, then you're not helping towards anything that matters beyond the content of a single day. You'll never get everyone to agree with you, but I believe it is possible to make a difference if you're patient and take the right approach to things, at the right time.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.