[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here tried sensory deprivation? Seems like the easiest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1352078945462.png (15 KB, 111x136) Image search: [Google]
1352078945462.png
15 KB, 111x136
Anyone here tried sensory deprivation? Seems like the easiest way to hallucinate without doing drugs, even more than lucid dreaming.
>>
Sounds interesting, I've been in the depths of an incredibly dark cave in Washington and had similar effects when I stood still and closed my eyes. It felt like a very vivid daydream. If you want cheap sensory deprivation experiences I'd say caving is your best bet.
>>
>>28467813
How about earplugs and an eye cover?
>>
>>28467868
You'd be surprised to see how dark and quiet you need things to be before you start hallucinating. That might work at night, who knows, I've never tried.
>>
>>28467643
You'd need to control all environmental factors for it to work.

>sight
>sound
>smell
>touch
>taste
>temperature

not particularly feasible for your average robot.
>>
The kind of things I see when I do that are not pleasant or relaxing at all. I see weird, sometimes violent things in my mind unless I'm on a lot of drugs. Distorted faces that are barely human. Or knives, blood, and people or animals on fire. Sick shit like that. It's not normal.
>>
>>28467927
Maybe you're a schizo? Figure it out
>>
>>28467950
I'm just saying it's not for everyone.
>>
>>28467903
I'm trying this today at night then.

>>28467927
What method are you using?

>>28467958
Meh, I've already seem some weird, sick shit with lucid dreaming.
>>
>>28468024
But the point of it is to be relaxing and contemplative. If you just want to drown out the thoughts in your own head, depriving yourself the relief of interacting with the world before you, and spending a lot of time inside of that grapefruit is probably going to do more harm than good.
>>
>>28468127
Honestly I just want a new way to escape from reality. I live in apathy 24/7 so this is just me wanting to feel anything again.
>>
I don't even have to do lucid dreaming or sensory deprivation to hallucinate. Like spirals, static, and other shit just sometimes appears in my vision. Sometimes when it's static I can hear it too.
But lucid dreaming is pretty crazy for me so I won't try sensory deprivation any time soon.
>>
I just want a gf I can sensory deprive, too bad I will never get a gf ;____:
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.