[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who 27+ here? >be me >be 26 >birthday in a few weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 22
File: 1460331876571.png (227 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1460331876571.png
227 KB, 640x480
Who 27+ here?

>be me
>be 26
>birthday in a few weeks
>no real "friends"
>try to get people to come out to drink with me
>they all refuse or just don't come or something
>27 feels so much older than 26
>lie about age and always say I'm 24
>feels like just FUCKING yesterday I was 16 playing Counter Strike with my "friends"

Though in all honesty it does seem like High School was literally just yesterday. I guess once you get past like 23 or so, it just gets on and on.

Shit means less and less.

Tell your stories.
>>
File: 1462884670152.jpg (141 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
1462884670152.jpg
141 KB, 620x375
>>28466956
Wait, are you telling me one doesn't "grow out" of 4chan?
>>
Almost 37, still catch myself thinking about turning 30 soon. My life just stopped to a halt somewhere around your age.

Don't know what to tell you. There's nothing.
>>
28 years here, time's been standign still since I turned 20 except I now look creepy enjoying the things I like.
>>
>>28467104
>now I look creepy enjoying the things I like
T H I S
H
I
S
.original
>>
Most people move on and find hobbies or families and want to spend less time surrounded by people who want to keep doing the same things they did their college age
>>
I'm in my 30s and wish there was a way to chat to older robots

It's hard to relate to college age kids.
>>
>>28467227
30 here
Even when you find younger people to talk to, in the back of your head you will know and feel something is not right.
>>
I'm 26 right now, anon. We're loners. We aren'g going to suddenly start being normal. The sooner you learn to live with that fact the happier you'll be.
>>
>>28466956
28 here
25 is the limit to make it, after it is just a long, painful fall into nothingness
>>
>>28467227
I feel the same, I find it hard to relate to people under 25, I still feel like I'm 23-24
>>
Rodger Waters said it best -

Ticking away the moments the make up the dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of laying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today

Then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun
>>
>>28468051
28 here
Failed normie
Mentally ill
Functioning alcoholic

Suggestion:

Read books, fiddle with hobbies in your spare time. Learn to write. Role-playing is still fun.

Forget about relationships. Just do your thing with the cozy comfort of the eventuality of death.
>>
>>28466956
What's up with that super minimalist Majora playthrough, he only got half the heart pieces man. He did at least get the gilded sword.
>>
File: apa_.jpg (38 KB, 724x631) Image search: [Google]
apa_.jpg
38 KB, 724x631
>>28466981
I've been here since 05. You're either born a chad or you find your way here.
>>
i don't think i ever beat majoras mask

i think i stopped at the level where you need to flip the map upside down. was too annoying and i just dropped it
>>
File: 1460301663116.jpg (77 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1460301663116.jpg
77 KB, 653x590
>he doesn't get every heart piece
>>
Im over 30, married with children, never been lonlier.
>>
File: 1452776990989.png (568 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1452776990989.png
568 KB, 960x720
>>28468278
>married with children
out.
>>
>>28468325
honestly I come here because it doesn't make me feel so bad about my sucky life.
>>
28 here, doing okay, not doing great

there are a number of us here

i don't relate to the high school or college robot tales though

i didn't get really robotic until 25 when i turned into a total wagie
>>
>>28466956
>be 26
>27 in july
>NEET
>no drivers license
>havent had any friends in like a decade
>feel so fucking old. i cant believe im almost 27
>girls my age are women
>i am done
>>
File: 1458317917467.gif (97 KB, 177x229) Image search: [Google]
1458317917467.gif
97 KB, 177x229
>>28468341

Tell me more about your situation, bro?

I'm 32 and single. Parents pressure me to get a wife and kids frequently. I'm happy as I am, but the pressure from parents and society make me think maybe I'm missing out on something. I'm a grass on the other side is green kinda guy so I find myself pining for the married life once in a while.

Tell me about your side of the grass, bro.
>>
>>28466956
I'm on same boat. Still playing mid 2000s games due to old computer. I have no social media, no smart phone so It feels exactly like mid 2000's.

The only difference is the webpages. 2006-08 was already worse due to myspace, youtube becoming popular but now it seems all is lost.

I miss the old chan culture, the old pages, where youtube was more alternative and less commercialized
>>
File: 1462282675601.jpg (79 KB, 651x641) Image search: [Google]
1462282675601.jpg
79 KB, 651x641
fellow 26-fag here

I smoked and drank the last 7 years of my life away, most of the time spent on 4chan and vidya in semi-lucidity.

Now that I'm sobered up and actually doing normie things, I feel like Im in a time-warp

like mentally I'm still 19 and physically I look young still so I can't imagine permanent wage-slaving, having kids, getting married and all this shit that people my age are doing.

I'm going to be 30 soon, and it feels like I just turned 20.
>>
>>28466956
I'm turning 27 soon and I haven't done anything at all with my life. I still haven't got a degree, I haven't worked in about 8 years.

I have never even been drunk. I feel incredibly childish and inexperienced.
>>
>>28468498
Let me but it as simple as possible. Work 7 days a week 14 hours a day, when I get a break all free time goes to kids and unappreciative wife. This is just the bare bones explanation of my life. Women care only about themselves and your money, its not a joke. Please stranger, for the love of God be proud to be a single man. If I was single with no childfen my god the opportunity. I would swear off women and work solely on improving me.
>>
>>28466956
I'm 30. It only gets worse OP. From 27 to 30 will fly by. Sucks for me cause I look WAY younger than I actually am. I literally get asked what grade I'm in. When I tell them I'm 30 they literally straight up don't believe me or laugh right in my face. I can barely function as I have no self confidence.

I would strongly suggest you do something asap with your life OP if you haven't already. I would suggest a trade.
>>
>>28466956
>Who 27+ here?
This thread now, when you look at the reply count.
Also, me.
>>
guys how do we get out of the wagie rut

i spend my whole damn life commuting or sitting in the office or at home jacking off with my hairbrush handle in my anus
>>
>>28468758
Make lets plays on YouTube
>>
>>28468828

whats a lets play
>>
>>28468828
I don't know how to legally monetize this in my shitty country.
>>
>>28468641

let me continue and say that being married sucks so god damn bad I fantasize about running away to a foreign country and living in the mountains herding livestock. The complete soullessness of this lifestyle would make your life feel like there is hope on the horizon.
>>
>>28468641

Fuck man. Shit. Sorry for your situation, but thanks for the warning. What you said about women was spot on with the chicks I've dated, including one I almost married. It's actually why I dumped her, she took down the girlfriend face and showed me her wife face a bit too early, just after we verbally agreed to be together.
>>
>>28466956
26yo here. One good friend that I rarely ever see. Finally going back to college. Trying to be the best person I can be, trying to learn to be a better person. It's a daily struggle. I have to be more disciplined, I've been really lazy and socially isolated for the last 15 years of my life. That's hurt me both physically and psychologically and I've been trying to repair that damage
>>
>>28468898
oh my wife ,while dating, was the dream girl. This is what they do though. Women are so insecure they put up a false persona and don't drop it til your further along. We used to bang every fucking night she would also give me regular blowjobs. Not kidding around 5 months after marriage she suddenly thinks once or twice a month is good for sex and that bjs are vile and disgusting.

Now after 6 years of this imagine how things stagnate. While I am working my ass off she is chilling at home reading feminazi propaganda on pinterest all day or shopping but no her life is a million times harder than mine because she has to watch children...
>>
>>28468878
>I fantasize about running away to a foreign country and living in the mountains herding livestock.
You can do it in your own country, why aren't you?
>>
>>28468994
because my own country is not far enough from her. Besides its just a fantasy.
>>
28 and 29 in July.
Fuck, I've done some normie things and really tried to better my life.
But, it hardly ever seemed to pay off.
And the few times it did,... It wasn't for long
Often times I feel like this society isn't worth contributing to.

Maybe we are victims of our time or maybe we dregs not good enough for the world.
>>
>>28468877
Why is your country different? Just upload videos, wait till you get lots of subs then put adverts on the videos or make a website selling stuff.
>>
>>28469057
>Often times I feel like this society isn't worth contributing to.

I feel the same way. It's the society, man. Niggers and feminism and affirmative actions and equality. When you're a young man who's poor and unproven, you're absolutely shit and must kowtow to everyone around you. No jobs given to you because some girl with good social skills and no brains got it. When you get a bit of success through busting your ass on your own, you're an evil shit and must now immediately "give back" to society.
>>
>>28469107
I think thats why video games appeal to a lot of guys. They can easily control the risk to reward ratio and the rewards come easy. Reality bites.
>>
Jfc you miserable bastards deserve your fates. Enjoy forever misery alone.
>>
>>28469059
>>Why is your country different?
Because there's literally no way to register this as a legal business or anything without having to pay your own wages, social security, medical etc. (and you don't get enough money to do that). I don't think people from the US/UK understand how easy their lives are, they can just do anything they want and pay some tax on it and it's all good.
>>
File: ms-files.jpg (732 KB, 900x2793) Image search: [Google]
ms-files.jpg
732 KB, 900x2793
>>28468758
Start homesteading.
>>
>>28469372
wonderful prospect, yes but good luck getting your starbucks drinking, target shopping, facebookinstagramtumblrredditpinterest whore scumbag girlfriend or wife to agree to such a lifestyle. unless your single.
>>
>>28468469
>girls my age are women
As someone who never had a serious relationship in his teenage years, this is a real downer
>>
>>28469577
>>28469372

this is now a homesteading thread

what exactly do i have to do

could i just do putin's "free land" offer in siberia?

should i buy some land in montana? shit is expensive
>>
>>28470741
>what exactly do i have to do
Have more money than you expect to get out of it. It's a meme lifestyle unless you were born there and inherited the land.
>>
>>28468469
>>28470380
They're not women until 40+ nowadays though. Even after 40 if they're in academia or ever had any nerdy interests or anything they're still girls.
>>
>>28468982
Wouldn't most of that be solved if she just got a job? Did she have a career before kids?
>>
>>28471146
Are you really implying all people in academia are immature and idiotic?
>>
>>28471406
No, just women. Men are either autists or massive beta cucks or both.
>>
File: 1460882206018.jpg (94 KB, 891x896) Image search: [Google]
1460882206018.jpg
94 KB, 891x896
27 here too. Was always really quiet in my childhood/teens so I don't really have any worthwhile stories from that period. I just kind of existed like an extra in my own life story. I guarantee none of my old teachers/classmates would remember me. Moved away from home at 18 to go to uni, thought i could start afresh, re-invent myself and start slaying pussy. Didn't happen. Turns out I'm as shy in the city as i am in my town. Started drinking heavily (without the upsides of partying), uni went by, I graduated into a country where the economy was fucked from the financial crash so no jobs anywhere. Was unemployed and almost friendless on and off for 3 years. Finally got a permanent job 2 years ago. Its minimum wage, manual labor. I don't like it but I'm too scared to quit because I won't be able to find anything better with my resume. I have 1 friend. When we met in uni we were both losers. Now he's got a gf he's had for 3 years. They'll be living together/getting married/having kids soon. He has a high paying job and has started to go travelling often. We hang out less and less every year.

I'm just really fucking scared for my prospects. The future does not seem bright. When I was younger I could always see at least potential for improvement (because i could technically meet new people in uni, or have whatever career I want because I'm a fresh blank canvas) but I'm in such a rut now and I don't see any new openings coming my way. This is it. My shitty minimum wage job, no chance of meeting a girl, and the inevitability of my 1 friend going his own way.
>>
>>28471438
Why do you think professors are idiotic? How do you figure they get through the years of training, publishing and research if they're idiots?
>>
>>28471534
>How do you figure they get through the years of training, publishing and research if they're idiots?
Is this a serious question?
>>
>>28471611
Yes, it is. How?
>>
>>28471534
Simpering fools given the smallest amount of power are the absolute worst. They entrench themselves in an organization and suck dick for decades to get to a slightly influential position and then squat there for the rest of their lives. Those who were even part way capable left college long ago to work and create businesses. Teachers failed to launch.
>>
>>28471628
Dilbert principle and office politics, just like every other job, except in this one you don't have to be competent at anything because POSTMODERNISM.
>>
>>28471672
Can you explain how a STEM professor "doesn't have to competent at anything because postmodernism"?
>>
>>28471534
>>Why do you think professors are idiotic?
Because you can literally be one for writing about Buffy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCneKDp95Yc
>>
>>28471706
Okay. I'll rephrase. Why do you think STEM professors are idiotic and immature?
>>
>>28471696
>>Can you explain how a STEM professor "doesn't have to competent at anything because postmodernism"?
http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/12/feminist-glacier-guy-youre-not-educated-enough-to-get-my-research/

Are glaciers STEM enough for you? Or do you want physics?

http://wmbriggs.com/post/17683/
>>
>>28466956
>feels like just FUCKING yesterday I was 16 playing Counter Strike with my "friends"
Fug anon, this statement hit me hard. I want to go back to HS CoD MW2 nights. Everything now is just complete shit, all my friends have moved on from vidya and I feel guilty even starting to play because I know there is more important shit I should be doing to try to become a productive normie
>>
>>28471732
>http://wmbriggs.com/post/17683/

The fact that she's being criticized there doesn't make you question your assumption that /everyone/ is an immature idiot in academia?
>>
>>28471722
Look, it's the same thing. Do you really think there's any oversight when you get into the unprovable quantum woo for example? Where everyone just crossreferences each other's work and adds some complete bullshit to it? The higher you go up the hierarchy, the less important actual work is (and as soon as you're past the first few rungs, you can get your students to do the work for you) and the more important your cocksucking and money laundering enabling is.
>>
>>28471775
No, because I always assume I'm talking to a reasonably intelligent person who understands hyperbole and who understands that solitary islands of reason don't make up for an otherwise toxic environment.

So tell me, which esteemed position do you hold, are you literally Kristi Winters?
>>
>>28471784
So is there any profession you think is respectable, that doesn't automatically make someone a piece of dog shit?

There seems to be no way left anymore to have someone treat you with a basic level of respect.
>>
>>28466956
I am 27.5, ask me anything

counter strike source was the shit
>>
File: 1437581447424.gif (92 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1437581447424.gif
92 KB, 500x377
>tfw if Hillary wins I'll be 34 before she's gone
>>
34 yr old anon here, you find some hobbies you like and you focus on those. That's pretty much it. Get a cat maybe. Fuck other people, 90% off the time you're gonna be better off without them.
>>
>>28471822
Sure, brick layer, fudge packer, bicycle repairman, that sort of thing.
>>
>>28468982
As a guy with three kids, watching over kids sucks.
Sucks the energy out of you to do much of anything.
>>
>>28471860
What hobbies can you even have at 34?
>>
>>28471897
Only respectable when they're held as a profession, not as a hobbyist?
>>
>>28471918
Well, if it's just a surrogate activity and not primary means of self-actualization, it's just not it, is it.
>>
>>28471990
I would think that self-actualization comes more often from hobbies than jobs.
>>
>>28471914
>what can you possibly find interesting at 34?

lol, sounds like you're a pretty boring person. everyone finds different things interesting, so you focus on whatever you feel like. how is this difficult to understand?
>>
>>28472050
Which is why humanity has become such an ass-backwards preternatural abomination. It's all fragmented identities and LARPing.
>>
>>28472111
I am rubber, you are glue, care to answer the question now?
>>
>>28472140
Personally I enjoy robbing 7 11 stores.
>>
File: tumblr_n4f4rixYgn1so9972o1_250.gif (54 KB, 250x268) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4f4rixYgn1so9972o1_250.gif
54 KB, 250x268
>>28471860
Im the same. I mostly go to library to read for 2 hours or so and then for walk or a bit of exercise at home. Sometimes I write some philosophy or story for myself just because while Im listening to music. I try to learn how to draw a bit but Im not very good at it and I would also like to play a guitar.

There is a lot of things you can do. I hope I wont need to have job that would make me not possible to have a bit of free time or else I would just become homeless and do adventuring until I die.
>>
>>28472140
are you asking my specific hobbies? because a hobby is whatever you want it to be, I don't understand what you want to know... You find something that interests you and you focus on it in your free time. That's literally it. You read up on it, visit places related to it, whatever.
>>
>>28471860
>Fuck other people, 90% off the time you're gonna be better off without them.
More like they won't bother being with you anyways so chances are you will be without them anyways. Other people are a huge chore to make plans with that eventually I stop fighting and drop everything because you know they are passive and won't attempt to make plans or attempt to compromise in some way.

>>28471914
I can't even comprehend that question. Are you implying by a certain point you cannot pick up a hobby or learn something new and by that point you cannot do anything anymore?
>>
>>28472413
dude you should look up guitar teaching vids on YouTube or even get a private guitar teacher for lessons. That's the best part: you can choose how deep into the hobby you want to get
>>
>>28472415
>>28472440
I'd like some specific examples relevant to my question.
>>
File: 5486465187.jpg (17 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
5486465187.jpg
17 KB, 236x314
>>28472458
I wish I could but its limited here in Slovakia. I definitelly could use videos but I wouldnt be able to afford a teacher as they would cost too much here and would require you to commute somewhere far away.

I like teaching myself anyway as I dont care how good I get if I like what im doing.
>>
>>28471914
What the fuck does age matter when it comes to hobbies, you retard?
>>
>>28472487
HEMA, medieval history, model making, painting, cooking/baking, video games, movies, music, music history, metal and wood working, electronics repairs,... dude literally anything that interests you in any way can be a hobby. Maybe you're just boring and think you're better than everything and therefore find nothing interesting? If that's the case then time to kys I guess.
>>
>>28472487
Collecting what you like, hiking, sports (if you can find a sports event that they meet once a week at the park through the internet), art (sculpting, drawing, painting, engraving, calligraphy, what ever), music (going to performances, composing, becoming proficient and one or more instruments), anything athletic (weight lifting, jogging, biking, mountain climbing, swimming, and so on), programming, learning languages, reading, and others I don't know or won't be able to come up with on the spot.

You have to find something you actually enjoy, but you have to experiment and have to accept with the ones that require skill that you won't be good for awhile but if it is entertaining then just go for it.

Though why ask this? You obviously have the internet at your finger tips to figure this out.
>>
>>28472574
>>28472579
Ok, so these are some hobbies, thanks, but I was talking specifically about taking up hobbies at that age when time has ran out to make something out of your life, and unless you have everything else in order, a hobby like that isn't really going to help much. Sorry if I was unclear.

The OP >>28471860 even admitted "that's pretty much it" and if how I imagine a typical 34 year old robot going about getting into a new hobby is true, then this "pretty much it" ain't exactly much, as far as reasons to continue living go...

I guess I was just expecting some kind of amazing revelation where you pick up a specific hobby and things suddenly get better somehow, which is a profoundly silly thing to expect now that I think about it.
>>
>>28472764
Wow. I think you might be too autistic to understand the nuances we're talking about here. Sorry your broken brain doesn't allow you to understand subtle differences and nuance. Might as well kill yourself to be honest
>>
>>28466956
30 y/o looser here.
>>
Games, anime, movies, interests. All of this leads you nowhere. Literally nowhere, just waste of time. Gives you zero intelligence since you forget about everything with time.
>>
>>28472764
>and if how I imagine

did it ever occur to you that you might be "imagining" incorrectly?
>>
>>28472853
Yeah, but I see people are frustrated with my posts so I won't shit up the thread by pushing it further. Sorry for existing I guess.
>>
And besides having xhildish hbbies like games or anime becomes shameful at our age. Same with posting in 4chan, this site was designed for underage boys.
>>
>>28472837
Life leads you to death so its a waste of time. You will forget anyway it doesnt matter what you do. There is nothing to win in life.
>>
>>28472837
>Gives you zero intelligence

uhm, no the intelligence has to come from you. those hobbies are just empty things, but your own personal interest or curiosity is what determines what you get out of it. learn to analyze and be critical of things, stop consuming media and start having standards. you sound very boring and uninteresting
>>
>>28472873
i think the reason people are frustrated with your posts is because they come off like youre a snotty 15 yr old kid who thinks that "old people" can't like something.
>>
>>28472764
Hobbies aren't careers or relationships, if you are seeking those then do the following steps to do those. A hobby is something you do on the side and an activity you actually enjoy.

There can be a chance that one of the hobbies could net you some money but don't ever expect it to be a game changer.

>at that age when time has ran out to make something out of your life
If you want to think like that then sure. Time hasn't ran out until you draw your last breath. A lot of people don't end up picking up hobbies because they won't be good at them but they still have a lot of their life to live. You can still make career changes past your 30's.
>>
>>28471914
the same ones you had when you were 20+ now having money to spend on it..
>>
>>28473341
>now having money
lol
>>
>>28472902
nuh, the purpose of your life is to become happy and continue your genes.
>>
>>28472920
standarts for various content I consume like games, anime, movies or news? Are you kidding me. There're can't be standarts for pointless crap.
>>
>>28473373
>become happy and continue your genes

well you got one of them right. "happyness" is a human construct. you dont see apes (our closest biological relative) going around having existential angst about being happy. the "purpose" of life is to eat, sleep, and pass on genes. that's literally it. everything else is something our complex ape brains have cooked up.
>>
>>28473398
>movies can't be art

well now i know you're a standard plebe. some people aren't conscious enough to identify "art" so they scoff at it as though it were fake. sorry fampai, but you got the short end of the stick emotionally. you've never watched a movie that stuck with you? or touched you in anyway? if not then sorry to hear about your autism. there's a whole deeper level to things that you're missing out on.
>>
>28 here
I'll hang out with anybody in the southern Ohio area. At the least you'll look better next to me.
>>
>just turned 23
>got a raise at my job contingent upon hours worked (every +5 hours from 30/week i get an extra dollar per hour)
>probably will have paid all student loans off by the end of the year
>went out for my birthday weekend and got denied by 20+ girls
>just ordered 5g of 3-meo-pcp (25mg is a regular dose)
>just going to work out, eat right, and binge on PCP every weekend

probably not even ready for a gf desu
>>
>>28474358
this thread says 27+ in the OP. please kiss yourself. no one cares about a 23 yr old's problems
>>
>>28474427
>please kiss yourself
ok
>>
>>28474477
with tongue
>>
I am 28 myself. I met my fiance on /r9k/ last year, and now I am living as a homemaker of sorts, cooking dinners and doing chores. Want to get married before we start having kids. I have no real friends, but I do have him and that is what makes me happy. We go out and dance or just stay in and drink. I used to feel embarrassed about my age too and lived for nothing in particular, but honestly I am feeling better now. Life has its ups and downs. It will get better.
>>
>>28474552
i hate your happiness
>>
>>28467227
32 here senpai

>>28467600
I agree with you its just way to dif, I grew up with no computer or cell phone as a kid these fucks live it
>>
>>28468278
I am too, I'm on SSDI so I stay at home all the time I love my family and kids but I have no friends anymore been like this for 3 years I'm getting used to it but would be nice to have other friends besides my wife and kids..
>>
>>28468469
Most women your age have kids and are married, the ones that arent.. stay the fuck away from lol, but there are a few out there
>>
File: fuck.png (33 KB, 208x247) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
33 KB, 208x247
almost 30 and neet here, still haven't worked for a single day in my life. I'm scared
>>
>>28474694
Sucks m8 whats the plan
>>
File: 1458259916762.jpg (23 KB, 236x348) Image search: [Google]
1458259916762.jpg
23 KB, 236x348
>>28474655
2d is vastly superior. I wouldnt even care about women if you dont have abnormally huge libido. There is nothing to gain.
>>
>turning 26 in 2 months time
>graduated college about a year ago
>have done fuck all since just working a shit age slave job that doesn't even require degree since my degree is worthless
>no student loans cause of parents
>moved back to parents house 2 years ago to "finish school" and I'm still here a year after graduating
>all friends moved on, joined military, or found gf and they are all super whipped and can't get out of their house without getting bitched at
>almost kind of glad I didn't fall for the relationship meme, already did once when I was around 20-21 and it blew up in my face
>everybody I used to know moved on, except for maybe 1 or 2 people, and hanging out with them is just depressing because they aren't doing shit either
>need to get out of parents house but don't really know what to do with myself
>routine of going to work in the morning, coming home, smoking weed, eating, vidya, watching TV shows/movies, smoking more, fapping, and falling asleep everyday
>Don't even try to make an effort to socialize anymore, its all just too awkward and impossible to get people to do anything
>Sit at home all weekend doing nothing, literally just waiting for time to go by
>I know that this is probably all life has to offer me, this is going to be what its like
>Just going to get worse when I get close to 30 and lose all hope completely, which I should do already

Seriously just fuck my shit up, whats the point anymore
>>
>>28474804
Become dat boi.
>>
>>28474768
What about men? In theory you would be fucking a best friend
>>
>>28474804
Stop being a faggot, at least you can get weed. Anyhow what do you fap too? Is there like a scheduale of fapping you do? Smoke at 8pm fap at 830pm smoke at 9pm fap at 10?
>>
>>28474826
>Just turn gay bro.
>>
>>28474868
Pretty much I mean better then not getting to fuck any hole right?
>>
>>28474868
I would have to say this might be the only option for me, its better then nothing, I'm not attracted to men at all but having a companion would be nice, be would most likely want to have anal on me I guess I could do it as long as I can do him, then after maybe shower eat some pizza and vidya/anime
>>
>>28474867
Usually not too fucked up of shit, do like rough and degrading porn sometimes, not fapping to traps yet or anything.

And no set schedule really, usually just right before I go to bed I'll fap so I can fall asleep better, however I have noticed that I don't have the urge to fap as much anymore, probably my testosterone decreasing because of getting older and living a really unhealthy lifestyle the past 7-8 years.

Haven't gotten laid in years, also went pretty much Costanza level bald the past few years so there really is no chance for me, its best to just isolate myself and not be humiliated. It took me a several painful rejections with my cringey behavior to finally realize I just need to stop trying pretty much.
>>
>>28474953
Thats rough man, good part is you wont be a wizard, I think the longer you stay here the higher of chance there is that you will start fapping to traps, I'm not there yet either but its prob coming soon, i hear ya on the unhealthy part ima finish a 5th tonight and eat chicken fingers and macncheese, I should be to drunk to fap and I'll wake up with my dick in hand again
>>
File: 1451635706992.png (942 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451635706992.png
942 KB, 1280x720
>>28474897
>>28474952
I see we are going places.
>>
File: broballsack.jpg (94 KB, 527x800) Image search: [Google]
broballsack.jpg
94 KB, 527x800
>>28469372
I already do this. I live by myself and only eat what I get from the garden and live by a creek. I started farming blackberries and have a 450 square foot area for all my blackberry plants. They're thorny as fuck, so I harvest with caution. I also eat deer that I hunt. I get my money from NEET-bux and I live by myself in a small cabin in the middle of Kentucky, with no-one for miles and miles. I don't plan on living with anyone, and I never do.

I have indoor plumbing kind of, so that outhouse meme doesn't exist for me. I put a PVC pipe under my house to a giant covered hole in the ground 30 feet away from my cabin. When I shit or piss, I get a bucket(s) of water and pour it down.

I have a pet cat that was once feral in the woods and I tamed it, so that's cool I guess.

Yep, living le dream.
>>
>>28474952
IDK thats pretty fucking gay, how can you even get a boner if you are not sexualy attracted to them? Fuck that id rather play vidya and eat pizza solo rather then let a guy cum in my ass
>>
>>28475062
What if he was dat boi?
>>
>>28475040
Been on 4chan for several years, never really appealed to me ever, but who knows what the future will hold, I'm not counting it out just yet

Used to be a real heavy drinker, would consistently get black out drunk and had some pretty big fuck ups that led to me stop drinking except maybe once or twice a month. Mostly just smoke and look for any other sort of psychoactive substances I can put into my body, I get terrible hangovers afterwards now that I never got before, and I know its from the heavy drinking
>>
>>28466956

Birthday number 27 is this weekend for me.

Shit doesn't ever get better, which is obvious when you look around. If I have learned anything in 27 years is that no one is happy. Everyone is miserable with very few exceptions, and there is nothing waiting down the road.
>>
>am 23
>turning 24 in a few months

>life is already over and wasted

>only have NEEThood, inheritance and autismbux to look forward to
>>
>>28475086
Na not letting a guy fuck me up the ass, I would consider fugging a trap though
>>
>>28475088
Liver might be shot M8, also older ya get the more it takes to recover, the future is dark fapoing to traps will lead to getting your dick sucked by a 60 yo man in the back of his car try to stay away
>>
File: 1457056563070.gif (2 MB, 527x696) Image search: [Google]
1457056563070.gif
2 MB, 527x696
>>28475055

Do you have satellite internet or something? What do you get the bux for?
>>
>>28466956
I'm 39. For the last couple years I've been alone. Before that I lived with my partner, but my deep self-hatred eventually convinced me that she would be better off without me, so I pushed her away. Within 6 months of her moving out she moved in with someone else. It was a strange feeling to be replaced that quickly. When I was growing up I was always convinced I would be alone, and so I feel happy I have achieved my life-long goal. I have an OK job, but I will never be rich or own a house. I don't feel old. I stay active and because I live by myself it is fine to go and do whatever I want. I don't have any actual friends besides the people I know because of work, but I don't see them socially. Sometimes the loneliness hits me really hard and I ride my bike all night hoping for a drunk driver to run me down. Sometimes I'm super excited to have such freedom. I've been a loner my whole life so I don't know what I'm missing out on by not having friends, but I know when I am social with people I generally regret it. Even writing this kind of feels a bit like I'm just being awkward.
>>
So as you get older your perception of time speeds up. The two best ways to counter this are to be constantly trying new experiences and to have more 'major milestones' in your life.

So for the first one you should branch out your interests more. Play different genres of vidya, try reading some fucking books, take up a physical hobby like hiking or something. Those 4chan recommendation images are gold mines for this.

For the second one it involves taking on bigger tasks. Start trying to make or learn stuff. Master 1,000 words in a foreign language, start learning how to play a guitar, hell you can even do something as austic as make 100 reaction images from your favorite anime.

That's the tl;dr take on time. If you want any specific advice let me know.
>>

I know I am headed into this lifestyle

I have been out to clubs and bars and parties and I get nothing and feel like an alien. I've tried faking it, I've tried drugs. It's just not there. I await death and the looming pressures of trying to find a wife who only wants me to pay for her semi-lavish lifestyle, and some shitty kids to precede a divorce.

Any of you guys remember the gas station guy who used to feed the seagulls and talked about building his own house in maine and living off the land? I find the idea that lifestyle kinda comforting.
>>
>>28475736
I have mastered fapping to traps I'm 34 and tried not to for 4 years, but your advice is true and correct
>>
I'm 34, going to turn 35 pretty soon.

I don't even know what happened past 30. Time just started going by so quickly.
>>
File: 1460452549679.jpg (48 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460452549679.jpg
48 KB, 250x250
>Whole life ahead of you tier
0-27
>Dude your hairline's getting pretty thin buzz that shit tier
>You look like a cadaver and you know you're not doing shit with your last year of 20s so might as well call it 30s tier
>You will never be attractive to a female again but she might enjoy cheating on you while raiding your wallet
30+
>>
>>28476259
Rather a Robro pillfer my butthole then a fembot pillfer my wallet and heart
>>
>>28476375
Def gay and its Pilfer M8, why not be ALPHA and pilfer a womans butthole and wallet?
>>
>>28476259
I never understood people saying a man's SMV peaks at 35. You're not rich. You're not famous. Your SMV peaked at 21.
>>
>>28476581
Because people only see rich and famous men over 30, if you're not, you're either invisible (thank your lucky star if you are) or a creep and an active threat.
>>
>>28476581

Its a fantasy for guys that still have hope, the reality is 99% of men don't age like george clooney. You're going to peak around 21-23. Then your hairline is going to recede, slowly if you're lucky. Your chin will get weaker, nose will get even bigger, you develop nasal folds and wrinkles, you start getting spots/moles/freckles on the face. I can go on. Your body also makes it 10x harder to stay lean and in shape.
>>
>>28476659
What's a nasal fold?
>>
>had friends in highschool
>never went to parties or hung out with them after school
>graduate
>never used msn or facebook so nobody added
>continue my regular life of wake up>pc>sleep this time without school
>this went on for years
>now i became a wagecuck and its wake up>work>pc>sleep repeat
>25 years old
>still no friends
>still no gf
>still not education
>still nothing

i guess the positive is that since i dont have any roots i could move anywhere
>>
>>28466956

I love the freedom and lack of ties, personally. Of course I may be a minority in that a hermit lifestyle sounds appealing to me.
>>
>>28476659
>the reality is 99% of men don't age like george clooney
To be honest neither did George Clooney.

He has hair plugs and various surgeries, plus HGH/TRT, just like most actors his age.
>>
File: 1460387578219.jpg (25 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
1460387578219.jpg
25 KB, 500x353
contribooting my story:

dont care about anything
depressed last few years so i care even less now
i'd be worried about my future but im bored of that
dunno, probably do something if i find something worth doing

life is a meme
>>
>>28475055
what????

hahahaahahahahaha pet feral cat hahahahaha

Man u r a hero.
>>
I don't really know what to do now I'm 26.
I don't have any friends, I have a degree related job and my own place.

All I have ahead of me is a search for better high paying jobs, promotions and the next video game
>>
>>28468596
>like mentally I'm still 19 and physically I look young still
Shit, same. It's really convenient that I still look so youthful, people don't have that same disgust over me not having my shit together when they don't realize how old I am.
>>
>>28476691
That's how old I am, and that's my schedule right now. I used to work in retail, so my hours varied pretty wildly, but now it's regularly 6:30am to 3:00pm, and the regularity of the routine makes me feel like I'm not conscious how days and weeks are passing. As in, every day is identical, so there's no frame of reference to judge the passing of time.

I have a degree in biology, but it's useless because it's only a bachelor's with a focus in ecology. There's so few jobs for that sort of thing, at least where I live. I see almost no meaningful future for me with that; only low-wage, low-skill jobs. There's the slightest glimmer of hope that if I were to move out west, there'd be more outdoorsy, sciencey jobs available. Luckily my girlfriend would be into living in a rural place, and even entertains those fantasies of subsisting in the woods that some others in this thread mentioned.
>>
Do any of you guys actually not want wife and kids? I can't really imagine sharing my time and money with anyone, or not having total control of my free time. Just seems incomprehensible to me for some reason.
>>
>>28477529
Oh, and Christopher McCandless is my hero. He went into the the Alaskan wilderness on a whim as a hapless, amateur survivalist and died in 3 months due to incompetence. It's exactly what I want to do. I want to get the book about him.
>>
>>28466956
I'm going to be 27 this year and I feel fucking old. fuck.
>>
>>28477564
Wife yes, kids no. The only time I was ever kind of happy was when I had a girlfriend so I'd like that again, preferably forever.
>>
File: well-but-ah.gif (2 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
well-but-ah.gif
2 MB, 350x196
>>28477611
>died in 3 months due to incompetence
>exactly what I want to do
>>
>>28466956
Am I the only one here who is 26 years old and have a degree?
>>
File: 1429217663483.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1429217663483.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>28468596
20 years is too late, because Chad impregnates before that. 30 years...well James Dean didn't live to see that and he experienced fast and rich life.
>>
>>28477611
thats funny you say that. my rent has ran out and i dont really have a place to go. i was gonna go up in the woods and try and survive.
>>
>>28466956
>I guess once you get past like 23
23 here and really starting to worry about my future and think about shitty life choices i made in the past
feel pretty doomed about it all
>>
>>28469372
This is bunch of nonsense, i had such space available and more, but used up only 5% of available space and could easily live from land, even got enough food for next year. If i wanted i could only survive from 70+ year old fruit trees that were already these. I don't think that kind of lifestyle is for everybody, but maybe if each kissless NEET got such land, would make him much more happier to live for something than wageslaving.
>>
>>28475510
Post a picture of yourself

origami is honorable
>>
>starting college at 24
>will be fucking 29 when I graduate
>>
>>28466956
29 here (here for around 10 years)

my life could be exemplified by that game where you rest your head on a stick on the floor and just turn around it as fast as you can

I just had a kid tho, and that literally changed my life, now I feel I have a purpose here, I know you're going to throw shit at that but IDGAF, if someone asked me for my advice before they turn 30 I would say (even to myself), save some money, find a girl, have kids, then slave yourself away to provide for them, it will make you a better person, it will give you a better life
>>
>>28475510
>with my partner,
Are you lesbian?
>>
>>28479204
>samefag

also, if you're rich or your parents are, or your fiancee's parent are, dude you just have it on EASY MODE, just give those guys grandchildren, they will shower you with perks & money

you could literally say "I don't want to work, I want to spend as much time as I can with my child" and they will encourage you, I'm not saying you should become a slug off them money, but... it's the better way, trust me

people think that the bluepill is having kids & family, and the redpill is being single for the rest of your life... I feel its actually the opposite, the true redpill is fulfilling your role as a man and as a father and devote your time and efforts only to your family and loved ones
>>
I'm almost 32, and i've felt dead inside since about 26-27. Higher education and hard work on the job never materialized into anything substantial, since it's only ever about interpersonal politics; i.e. only the charismatic bullies and attractive incompetent females make enough to move on to the next level of life (marriage/house/family).

I'm a balding, introverted, beta-looking manlet with glasses, and I get teased, disrespected, bullied or excluded everywhere I go, and in every office environment. I have a decent job, but it doesn't quite pay enough to move out of the parents house, and coworkers clearly don't like me as a person so I'm constantly afraid of getting fired for "not being a good cultural fit".

I have a GF who is great, but I can tell her family doesn't like having an introverted struggling loser in the mix and they've never taken an interest in meeting my parents or anything like that. If my GF leaves me, i'm almost certain i'll never find anyone again.

I'm tired, bloated, sickly, and miserable all the time, and although I give my best each and every day, the very people who casually coasted through life in high school are the same ones who coast through in the adult world. Nothing changes, its all a positive-feedback loop: attractive, socially successful or powerful people become more so, and struggling unattractive boring losers just sink further into evolutionary dead-ends. I can feel evolution pressuring me out of existence, everything i've ever felt or experienced tells me i'm not fit for the world, yet i'm supposed to smile and joyfully embrace what scraps the world has given to me, all while being tormented by others for their apparent amusement.

Shit really sucks.
>>
>>28479217
No, I'm a guy, we just never got married and calling someone I was with for almost 15 years my girlfriend seemed stupid.
>>
>>28479532
>and coworkers clearly don't like me as a person so I'm constantly afraid of getting fired for "not being a good cultural fit".
How is this never clear to robots? Is it that they're too young to have experienced a typical work environment or just lucky enough not to end on, well, that end of it?
>>
>>28479554
Why are you on a message board for teenage virgins?
>>
>>28479575

i dunno, maybe they're too young or haven't had "real jobs" (desk, computer, office)

it'd say the working world is almost entirely based on social leverage; the attributes that make someone successful at a bar are the same ones that allow them to jump up the corporate ladder and then bully the fucking SHIT out of everyone who doesn't fit their idea of what a workplace buddy should look or act like.

All you need to do is to get the higher-ups to think you're the greatest thing ever. Being a charismatic or bullying alpha male or having a nice pair of titties can typically achieve that with little else required. "Culture fit" is the modern corporate buzz-phrase, so even if you're pleasant and competent, if whoever the "important" people are don't like the cut of your jib, you'll get ousted out of the place like a pair of stinky socks.
>>
>>28479597
I'm a teenage virgin who grew up into a lonely cyborg.
>>
>>28479679
Oh I know all that shit, but you're literally one of maybe 2 people I've ever seen talk about it. Usually when I mention it they say I'm imagining things or whining too much or whatever the fuck. They seem to believe in the meritocracy myth and I have absolutely no idea where in real life or anecdotal internet data do they find the evidence to legitimize that concept.
>>
>>28479575

also, i would literally break down and cry tears of pure JOY if i ever got into a workplace that remotely resembles an adult, professional environment of the type that I can imagine.

Where it isn't based on just pure cronyism run by socially maladjusted bullies, with unbelievably catty women spreading bullshit and dudes who constantly shit-test you to see if you're cool enough to last with the company (work performance be damned).

I hate this shit. Just like in the Walking Dead, PEOPLE are the biggest threat.
>>
>>28479761

dude i have a feeling we're just less attractive than the average whiney robot. i mean, i'm treated like a non-entity almost everywhere i go; it's very noticeable, even when strangers pass by while i'm walking with my GF, we'll both say "hi" but only she gets the warm response. Or like restaurant staff always taking my order last when i'm at a table with several others. Females in general look at me like i'm a retarded loser, and most men can instantly figure out that i'm a boring beta-male and immediately treat me as lesser.

I simply don't get the same reactions from other humans because i'm short, unattractive, and far enough from prototypical masculinity that i'm victimized on a subconscious level.

I'd be willing to bet that if you really take a good look at yourself, you'll find you're lacking the "zing" that other people have. We live in a world now where everyone needs some aspect of "celebrity" about them, whether its a sharp or effective looking face, tall height, pretty features, lots of charisma, etc, or else you're cast out like a leper.

I feel like a victim of some generalized, lightweight social prejudice, that's just strong enough to put a fucking LOW glass ceiling above everything in my life.
>>
27 this week, actually.

I'm doing alright, I'm embracing solitude and just focusing on myself. I probably (well, definitely) spend too much time on the Chans and gaming, but I've started lifting and I've quit smoking weed.

Been learning Cinema 4D for a few years, starting to make stuff in Unity now.

We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>28479917

as an example, just imagine pic related with glasses, more hair, and like 5'7". Just the standard "who the fuck cares about this guy" loser (pic related is a murderer who stole a fortune of Magic Cards, btw), the type that if you were to cast him in a movie you'd make him a clerk or a janitor or some shit, or some sad-sack nudie bar regular.

If you look like that kind of guy, or like you'll age into looking like that kind of guy, girls will lose all interest after about the age of 18. But if you look like the kind of guy who obviously gets ZERO attention from females, you'll start getting generalized subconscious discrimination by most people since 1) you can't relate to their successful, family and friend-oriented lives, 2) you can't impress their friends and probably creep out their female cohorts and children, and 3) they just don't feel that raw interest or attraction required to get positive vibes flowing.

You're someone who they kind of don't want around so much. And familiarity breeds contempt.

So, even if you look like that and are nice, and pleasant, people will need you to be SUPER fucking charismatic and social, and constantly prove and fight against their intuition that you are a creepy, worthless genetic reject worthy of scorn.

If you look like pic related, THAT'S the path to true robot status. That's just evolutionary flotsam and jetsam, and it's so little to work with, and so hard when you never get the benefit of the doubt.
>>
File: 14262406-mmmain.jpg (32 KB, 620x454) Image search: [Google]
14262406-mmmain.jpg
32 KB, 620x454
>>28480156
forgot pic

originale commentale
>>
>>28479796
Could you explain that "shit test" phrase a bit more?

Too bad it isn't always possible to know how much a workplace is infested by people with toxic personalities before putting an application in. Just one or two bad ones can really ruin a job.
>>
>>28466956
Only 20 but iktf I'll be turning 21 in a few days and I'll be spending it alone like all my birthdays
>>
im turning 23 in a few months still in college trying to get a undergrad degree (skipping class/dropping) but at the same time i havent really changed from when i was about 14. i didnt make any more connections or do anything more productive. been playing games my whole fucking life, from rs to wow, cs, all that kind of shit and even now im still stuck in this "life". how can i change oldbots? im so inconsistent and whenever i try to do something, i will build my mind to do it but after a while the motivation goes away and i just fuck it up (like my studies, cant get good grades). i really cant imagine you 30 year olds on this site, talking in memes like desu and sempai, shit like that (not trying to disrespect, but at the same time how can anyone respect someone like that?) but so and i wonder if i will become like that too. at the same time, i cant find it within myself to change. been here since i was 14ish too and i dont post much but i guess seeing this thread of you guys being 30+ still here gave me the realization that i might (and most likely) end up like you faggots
>>
What if you sad fucks stopped insulating yourselves with this repressed crying circlejerk of a board
>2012+4
>Still /self pity/
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.