[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that when you get a job, you have to constantly kiss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1462333292094.jpg (94 KB, 291x273) Image search: [Google]
1462333292094.jpg
94 KB, 291x273
Is it true that when you get a job, you have to constantly kiss ass to your boss and call him "Sir" all the time?
>>
Not if you are your on boss
>>
wait what? sir?
I don't think i'm cut out for work if that's the case.
>>
Yes. My boss is really cool and lenient, he lets people come in late and shit all the time and lets me leave early. But one time I said "hey" to call him over to me instead of "can you help me please sir" or some shit like that and he got this really weird and confused look on his face and sat me down for like ten minutes telling me i can't just "hey" him, saying stuff like "I'm just a "hey" to you? I'm your boss" In a non-angry way, more of someone explaining something to a child way... Didn't realise "hey" was such a big deal
>>
Depends. I'm a raging dickhead to my boss all the time.

Just last night I told him he'd have to fire me before he sees me clean a fucking toilet.

>Wah there's something spilled
>so take out your tampon and soak it up

kek
>>
>>28466771
it depends on the situation and who needs who more

If you are really valuable and can't be easily replaced then you don't need to worry about kissing ass

If you are a cog in the machine and do a no skill job that any high school drop out can do then you are better off with your boss liking you
>>
>>28466976

And you didn't get fired or anything? In movies and stuff it seems like you can get fired for talking back even just once to your boss.
>>
>>28466996
I've been showing up drunk/high for nearly a year and just get shit done while being a total dickhead to everyone.

I honestly don't even know
>>
>>28466926
>"I'm just a "hey" to you? I'm your boss" In a non-angry way
>In a non-angry way
hard to imagine
>>
Been working for 4 years straight. It's nothing like Hollywood portrays it.

Yeah, asskissers get ahead faster and and more easily, but no one will give you shit for not kissing ass. You'll mostly answer to lower management and these guys know that you're just there to make ends meet, just like they are.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.