[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>parents make me apply for a job >have bad social anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78 KB, 412x351
>parents make me apply for a job
>have bad social anxiety
>told they will call me for an interview
>they call, even though im alone pretend that I can't hear it
>they leave a voicemail
>too afraid to listen to it
I want off this ride
>>
I have a phone interview in half an hour. I'm sweating and terrified but unlike faggot OP I'm going to answer the phone.

I just wish it would get easier with practice, but it never does.
>>
all you have to do is talk to her bro
>>
File: CIA undercover.jpg (47 KB, 350x256) Image search: [Google]
CIA undercover.jpg
47 KB, 350x256
>>28466603
>>28466566
This may sound weird, but memorise the plane scene. The power play between Bane and CIA is perfect for flying through an interview.

Everytime I have Baneposted in an interview I have got a job offer.
>>
>>28466566
Man up,bitch,and get that fucking job,do something good in your miserable life
>>
>>28466566
Yeah I too know this feel

>Parents wanted me to apply for summer job
>Sure, I'll drive to supermarket and apply there
>I sit in the parking lot for an hour in agonising pain. Walk in, see the shitload of people, buy some candy, and leave.
Fuck retail

I might get a job at a local ice cream place. But I doubt it. I'm probably just gonna get off this ride in a couple weeks instead.
>>
>phone interviews
Holy shit what jobs are you guys looking at? every job in my town has group interviews at the fucking store
>>
phone interviews suck
>>
File: Shoot Me.gif (15 KB, 170x152) Image search: [Google]
Shoot Me.gif
15 KB, 170x152
>>28466634
>I never saw this movie
>I don't know what that power play is, and I don't get any of the memes
>>
>>28466700
usually you do a phone interview first and if you "pass" the phone interview you do an interview with 3 or more other people at their location
>>
>>28466566
Ive never ever heard of a phone interview.. What job were they calling you about? Not judging... it just sounds like minimum wage bs.
>>
>>28466721
You're a big NEET
>>
>>28466566
Ok, what kind of job is it OP?
I've been in the same boat. I've got agoraphobia, and severe anxiety issues. I've been housebound for 6 months at a time before, and been unemployed 80% of the time these past 5 years due to anxiety.
>>
>>28466634
Tell me about anon, why does he work 9 to 5?
What would happen if he stopped?

>It would be extremely NEETful...
>FOR YOU
>>
>>28466740
>>28466800
A call center job, I assume the phone interview comes before meeting them in person
>>
File: 1462772773748.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462772773748.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>got a job offer yesterday
>it's permanent seasonal so six months a year
>probably pretty good training
>might involve manual labor
>involves a fuckton of driving which I hate
>still waiting to hear back for a much better job
>would get to work in an office and fuck around on a computer
>chances of getting it are lower
>I'm 26 and life is getting dark

I wish I could just remain NEET forever
>>
File: 1449684609594.jpg (14 KB, 373x206) Image search: [Google]
1449684609594.jpg
14 KB, 373x206
>>28466566
Stop being a faggot and suck it up fucks sake.
>>
>>28467028

Call center, warehouse and fastfood jobs are basically the worst jobs you can get in a first-world nation.
>>
>>28467028
>A call center job
You can't possibly be that desperate for money. Forget this ever happened.
>>
>>28467028
...how are you going to do this job if you can't do an interview over the phone...?
>>
>>28467144
>>28466675
I know I'm falling for bait here.

But fuck you assholes. Sucking it up and ignorig ones pain is the worst thing one can do. Its why first world countries have such high suicide rates. We're told to suck it up, have nno bonds with anyone, and feel disconnected from society and everything around us.
Nobody cares about us and the pain we feel.
>>
>>28466566
stimulant drugs might help Anon

I took some methiopropamine to enable me to phone up and book my car at the mechanics.
>>
>>28467028
Ok, it might be too late to use for this interview but I've heard Kava tea is basically legal xanax. Give it a shot?

Personally im a tea drinker and idk why but even ones with caffeine calm me down. I drink oolong before work. Sometimes writing poetry or your thoughts on a journal can help. Also do a bit of exercise. Squats, air boxing that sort of thing, it gets endorphins flowing and if you do it everyday it'll help.

I wouldn't answer any phone calls for years. I know how you're feeling. Anon Hug.
>>
>>28466566
shit sucks yo, I am about to graduate and I got invited to an interview in a massive corporation 150k starting fresh out of school, they saw my portfolio and cv, they appointed a date for a interview and I have almost 100% of getting the job, I didnt go, I went to the bus station, went to the city, and drink coffee in starbucks for 3 hours after that went to BK for a bite and went home, told mommy that they will call me, its been 2 weeks they never did, and mom told me to not be sad, that there will be other opportunities for a talent like me
>>
>>28467120
go with the first one, jesus

you get to be alone and don't have to deal with office bullshit, just put on a podcast whilst driving and you're golden.
>>
>>28467406
Bbbbbbbbait
Fucking origami pastrami
>>
File: areyoufuckingkiddingme.png (979 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
areyoufuckingkiddingme.png
979 KB, 500x500
>apply for job
>go to interview
>everything went well (as far as I could tell)
>they've got a handful of candidates to interview
>promise to let me know about their decision at the end of the week
>call never comes

Fuck you and your FUCKING job and your FUCKING "business". I was a perfect fit for that job. I would have loved to do it. I would have done it well. But I'm 99% sure some roastie Stacy got the job, is going to be shit at it and they will be looking for someone for the same position a few months later. It's happened before. Why are some employers so fucking retarded?
>>
>>28466603

Well, that's done. Somewhere below decent on the technical front, rock bottom on the spaghetti. Haven't had that much awkward silence since I last tried talking to a girl.
>>
>>28466566
I can so relate to this. I have had an interview for a full time job two weeks ago, and I didn't get it, though the interview wasn't that bad, though I don't talk very much. I just want someone to give me a job I can do. My family pressuring me is the worst about it.
>>
>>28466675
Not everyone is a fucking Chad like you, you fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1451973420342.jpg (34 KB, 430x290) Image search: [Google]
1451973420342.jpg
34 KB, 430x290
>Go to a job interview
>Start sperging out and can't answer any of the questions
>They stop the interview halfway through
>Tell me not to waste their time and ask me to leave

Think I will just stay on neetbux
>>
>>28466692
As a summer wagecuck since 16 and now finally out of school with a shitty real job, you have two options for minimal social interaction.

For more cash but more effort:
>Find a small landscaping/lawn maintenance company and get a job as a mower/weedwacker/blower.
>You'll be in a truck with like two other guys for 5 minutes at a time, and the rest you'll be outside listening to music just mowing lawns.
>Probably get above minimum wage and if your'e lucky it'll be under the table.

For minimal effort/less cash:
>Self-serve froyo place. All you do is sit on your ass, weigh peoples cups and occasionally fill up the topping station.
>The only social interaction you'll ever have is showing fellow autists that don't understand how to use a damn ice cream machine how to pull a fucking lever.

I've worked retail, waited tables, barbacked, etc but these two were by far the best.
>>
File: 1209.gif (38 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1209.gif
38 KB, 400x225
>At job interview
>"What would your friends say if I asked them about you?"
>>
>>28466619
Well... did you talk to her?
>>
>>28467791
That last one, or something like it, seems really good.

But I don't know of any place like it nearby.
The ice cream place I applied to is small and usually doesn't get too many people at once, so it should be fine assuming they higher me. First place I went was a restaurant, they flat out denied me due to lack of experience. Was told to work at fastfood or some shit, but fuck that. I don't need the money, nor do I care about it. Fuck money, it doesn't make me happt.

I'm just looking for part time work to appease my shit parents.
>>
>>28467778
>Tell me not to waste their time and ask me to leave
This isn't real. You can't be that big of an asshole, that literally cripples all of the self confidence that you had left for years to come.
After that I'd probably never go to an interview again in my life, fuck that.
>>
>>28467778
Absolutely brutal my man
>>
Honestly if you're in an area that has goodwills (I don't know how common they are, I assume they're just everywhere) and you have literal autism put that shit on the application. I don't know about other places but the ones near me WANT those people because they're supposed to hire people with disabilities (and where I am, they don't have a lot working there, so it'll be more likely that they'll hire you)
>>
>>28467881
Don't work fast food whatever you do. It will literally drain the life out of you.
Do you have a car? You can always deliver pizza. If that ice cream place is your best bet then go for it, I worked at Ben n Jerry's for a month and quit but mostly because my manager was a fat Jewish cunt. Anyway, don't stop looking, Craigslist is a goldmine for temp/summer jobs.

I feel your pain tho anon, my parents made me get a job at 16 for the summer "to learn work ethic". Honestly, working is actually kinda nice if you find a job that doesn't totally suck. Takes your mind off of shit and extra cash is always the tits.
>>
>>28468056
I do have a car, basically need one though. My house is too isolated. I feel so trapped here. Its physically hard to get myself to leave the house. Wish I could stay in my college dorm over the summer, I feel like shit at home.

I have 870$ in my bank account now. Nothing to spend it on. Could buy some more vidya, but it doesn't make me happy anymore. Nothing does.
>>
>>28466566
anon, i know that feel

but, whats the worst that could happen? will you go die? go to jail? no, so who cares

everyone you talk to is a faggot like you and me
>>
>>28467894
Literally just go the other interviews with a plan on what to say.
If the applicant isn't answering any of your questions, do you expect the interviewer to take anymore time out of their day?
>>
>>28467406
mate, get some drugs. Seriously. Stimulants or something. Hell, even Modafinil can focus the mind a bit.
>>
>>28468856
I like that thought
>>
>>28466634

kek picture

ore ha roboto de ha arimasen yo
>>
>>28466566
Man up and b urself
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.