[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>12 page paper due in 3 hours. Wew lad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: 1461078158767.gif (1 MB, 484x305) Image search: [Google]
1461078158767.gif
1 MB, 484x305
>12 page paper due in 3 hours.

Wew lad
>>
>>28466321
Start now and do as much as possible
even 20% although bad is still much better than 0%
>>
Listen to this while you're waiting lad.

https://soundcloud.com/patricklostracco/officer-maggot
>>
File: tumblr_ncxmpqlY2D1tfg29to1_500.jpg (55 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncxmpqlY2D1tfg29to1_500.jpg
55 KB, 500x501
>>28466336
I've started already and have a good amount of it done and organized. It's actually 10-12 pages and it's not like I need it to be perfect.

But I also need to write a smaller, 2 page essay before the big one and incorporate the small one into the big one.

Anyone know anything about punishment, the American prison system, or the for profit prison system?
>>
I just fucked up and missed a paper worth 25% of my grade. The syllabus indicates multiple times that late papers are not accepted.

Should I do it any try to hand it in late, anyway? Or should I just give it up and embrace yet another failure?
>>
>>28466463

Ask before you even bother doing it.

There would be no point in spending time researching, writing, and revising it if the professor still won't accept it late
>>
>>28466463
No harm in trying
Go for gold anon
Think of the regret you'll have if you find out you could have handed it in
>>
>>28466373
Keep up the good work
you can do it
>>
>>28466321
>calc 1 exam in literally 1 hour
>haven't even started studying yet
>>
>>28466510

You can't really cram for math. If you don't know it by now you're fucked.
>>
>>28466510
If your good at math and understood concepts taught in class you dont need to study.

If you arn't those things then good luck I guess
>>
>>28466373
I guess I can tell you that for profit prisons get paid per prisoner, and so try to spend as little money per prisoner to maximize profits. Some people say this leads to bad conditions for prisoner rehabilitation but they're faggots.
>>
>>28466321
>Thirteen word essay due in nine hours

JUST FUCK MY CREDITS UP
>>
>>28466554
I assume you mean 13 page if so thats only 1.4 pages and hour which isnt impossible
>>
>200 word esssay due in 2 weeks

shit
>>
>>28466510
good luck anon, just be yourself and you'll do fine!
>>
>>28466674
Keklmao
>>
>>28466321
>250 word essay in for a month's time
Wat do boys?
>>
>>28466321
>is a fan of MDE
>hasn't gotten his shit together yet

I understand. For me it's weed.
>>
>>28466373
Its evil and fucked up
We imprison too many people and not for any good reason.
>>
History major here. I liked to write long papers the night before. (Working at the library, not living in a cardboard box, before you ask)

It works out okay if you have all your references handy(PDFs on the desktop, bookmarked books on your desk) ahead of time. Write your intro/thesis and conclusion first. Then start filling in supporting paragraphs in between. Not sure what kind of paper you're writing but I've found that quotations from the sources and footnotes eat up tons of space.
>>
>>28466373

Did you look on Jstor and other databases? They have a lot of good articles that won't come up on search engines or Wikipedo.

Are you allowed to compare the US prison systems to another country's? Maybe compare the US with Norway(look at the recidivism rates, the Varg Vikernes case, et al) or maybe a horrible country like Turkey or Russia.
>>
File: 1462513754940.png (257 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1462513754940.png
257 KB, 720x404
>>28466510
>study 2 weeks straight for calc 2 exam
>get 0 points

Just fuck my shit up
>>
>ten word shitpost due before l die
>haven't started
>>
>Skipped 10 page paper that was major project.
>Still passed with 61% since I aced the tests.
>>
>>28468514
My shit is in the process of getting together. This time last year, I had 3 essays due within 48 hours, and an exam too. I didn't do anything until the day before and stayed up for 2 and half days with only a few meditation breaks and a nap to keep me going.

I've also talked to the teacher before, and get accommodations from the school because of my A(utism)DHD.

>>28468808
I didn't think about bringing Norway into this, and I didn't even know what jstor was. Thank you I'll use em.

Here's a picture of my uncle.
>>
>>28466321
>25 page research paper due on friday
not really worried atm
>>
File: JUST.gif (104 KB, 300x136) Image search: [Google]
JUST.gif
104 KB, 300x136
>Finished with a group project
>Stay up all fucking night picking up where this bitch in my group left off.
>She asks me the next day why I stayed up all night.
>Tell her honestly that no one else could do it, so I had to finish it for them.
>Apparently my tone was a little rude
>She calls me "dead weight" and bitches at me for thinking I'm hot shit for that all nighter I pulled so we could get an A on this fucking project
>I want to break her arms and throw her down a flight of stairs
>>
can you get charged with plagiarism if you make up shit but still cite it (to some random source)? because that's what I did for the last three 12 page papers I wrote and am planning on doing it again.
>>
500 word essay due tomorrow. Fuck meeeeeee I hate my life
>>
17 word essay due on why I cant think of what to write about.

>tfw I haven't even started.
>>
>>28466586
All memes aside, people who try to make estimates like this have most likely never written anything like a paper or an essay in their lifetime.
99% of time spent 'writing' is doing research, not actually typing out the final text.
>>
>>28466321
>Work hard for final
>It's only 10% of grade.

Fuck that.
>>
>>28469212
it's not plagiarism if it isn't somebody else's work that you're taking credit for. You might lose some points if you professor decides to check out your source and sees that it's fake.
>>
>>28466321
Give the teacher a first draft and keep chipping away
>>
>>28466373
In a lot of states they actually charge inmates for there amenities and bed and board. You legally force someone to stay in prison, make them work for you, then they pay you with the money they earnt from you. Usually they can't pay it back and end up in debt where the insurance amounts up and they will end up back in prison due to not repaying. It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>28467303
Isn't that like 1 fucking page?
>>
>>28469605
Not necessarily. I was an English major and did nothing but turn a bullshit premise I made up into way more words than it had to be. I'm a sales manager now and do basically the same thing all day. Unless you're a STEM fag sounding like you know what you're talking about is superior to actually knowing 10 times out of 10.
>>
>>28469151
You're fukked kid
>>
>>28468825
If you got 0 you didn't study at all
>>
>>28469006
Come on anon, you're only one word away
>>
>>28469191
Was she black
>>
>done with uni so never have to write another paper again unless I decide to go for a PhD.

Seriously though, enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>two 3 hour final exams friday
>haven't studied shit
>walk around with full guilt but still don't do anything
>every night get fucking deppressed about not having done anything today
>repeat the next day
>>
>Assignment worth 15% due later this afternoon
>didn't do it cause computer was kill and I'm a lazy piece of shit
>have an exam worth 60% of my grade in a few weeks
I really need to pass. Fuckin hell
>>
>unironically
Had to prepare a 40 minute lecture in 10 hours, had months to do it. Did it in 6 hours. Feeling pretty smug rn desu
>>
File: joe.png (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
joe.png
2 MB, 1440x1080
>5 min powerpoint presentation due by Thursday afternoon
>haven't even started yet

How fucked am I?
>>
>>28472446
Wow I wonder how you stop that cycle
>>
>>28472971
5 minutes is nothing anon, those type of lectures are easy to make a day beforehand, but then again I'm this guy >>28472446 so you might not want to listen to me. Just type the presentation out in a word document, put the important words/sentences of each paragraph on the powerpoint with some standard layout you can pick. When you typed it out you already kind of learned the stuff you have to know as well.

Also, if it's a presentation in a foreign language, type it out in your own language then translate that. You'll pretty much know everything you have to know by then.

>>28473005
Yeah, I know. I'm making excercises right now in a half-assed attempt of studying at 23:00
>>
>>28473072
>5 minutes is nothing anon
I know, 'twas only a joke, Anon
>>
>>28472971
YO JOE I REMEMBER
I REMEMBER
>>
File: 1448054209853.jpg (24 KB, 518x518) Image search: [Google]
1448054209853.jpg
24 KB, 518x518
>>28473307
So you bamboozled me?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.