[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mfw i fell for the csgo professional meme >realize its impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: tfw.jpg (61 KB, 453x668) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
61 KB, 453x668
mfw i fell for the csgo professional meme
>realize its impossible to win tournaments playing fair
>2k hours of my life wasted
>>
get good

or just get adderall
>>
File: n0thing.jpg (34 KB, 369x368) Image search: [Google]
n0thing.jpg
34 KB, 369x368
>>28465673
Iktf.
The best way to get somewhere in the scene now is to either cheat your way to getting "discovered" or knowing the right people.

At least you hopefully had fun playing.
>>
>>28465673
Tell other people who are susceptible to fall into the same trap about your experiences so they can learn from your mistakes.

"Professional" gaming is literally an entertainment industry / ad campaign for games and nothing more. If you're dreaming about being a "pro" you're just being entertained and very likely consume their games.
>>
There's no such thing as a professional gamer, stop forcing that fucking stupid meme.

If you make money from gaming it's because you're popular and generate revenue for businesses.
>>
>>28465810
>There's no such thing as a professional basketball player, stop forcing that fucking stupid meme.
>If you make money from basketball it's because you're popular and generate revenue for businesses.
>>
File: 1441579936173.jpg (34 KB, 332x347) Image search: [Google]
1441579936173.jpg
34 KB, 332x347
>>28465673
Why would you even try to be a pro in cs:go when pro players were getting banned and cheating was rampant from the very beginning? You got only yourself to blame. You should have went with dota 2 or sc2, skill and brains matter there.
>>
>>28465673
Why would you play a video game that has random bullet spread. What a bad video game.
>>
>>28466022
If you're good at basketball you make money from it regardless of whether you're popular or not.

You don't make money in video games without being popular enough to sell products to autistic people who follow gamers.
>>
>>28465673
Got semi pro being a solo player, finally joined a team and realized that the games are fixed and most of the players are Adderall junkies. Cs is the biggest scam ever. Shit game to.
>>
>>28466121
What team? How many matches/teams are like this? Can you give detail?
>>
>>28466279
trolled

hes bullshitting you

everyone above this post are trolled
>>
>>28467431
o no letrolled haha we gotem bois
>>
>>28466080
Shit bait

Originalo ravioli
>>
>>28467660
how the fuck is it bait you retarded mongoloid?
>>
The average pro has like 4k hours on csgo and over 2k on source or 1.6 so you have some time
>>
How can you cheat in esports though?
>>
>>28465673
>csgo professional meme
There is no such thing.
>>
i used to play 1.6

are there still any players from 1.6 that play go? they must be in their 30s now
>>
As someone who has played in competitive gaming for nearly 10 years across 3 different games with little success let me just say

If you are not willing to play 14 hours a day everyday until you decide to quit; you better have some connections and find a way to get extremely popular and known for being entertaining.
>>
>>28466108
>Literally been about 10 unknown gamers who won cash tournaments in various videogames at Dreamhack this weekend

There are plenty of professional gamers who are on a salary, they don't stream, they aren't popular. They just practise and play video games. They don't make as much money as those who do, but it's no different from regular sports.

The sportsman who also does modelling/has more sponsors will make more then the sportsman who doesn't.
>>
>>28466108
If you make money on basketball and don't get paid to entertain then you're just betting on street games. Similarly you could bet on video game matches and make money. People make a good living playing internet poker.
>>
>>28465673
>fell for the xbox meme
>now I have a PC and my mouse skills are awful so I can't play any GE online
>>
>>28468223
>mfw my thumbs can't use analog sticks well anymore
>>
File: lel hd.gif (105 KB, 5000x4227) Image search: [Google]
lel hd.gif
105 KB, 5000x4227
>mfw OP is american and forgot the US sucks at every esport
>>
>>28465673
Anybody who plays video games expecting it to turn into anything besides a good time and hours wasted is a deluded retard.

Maybe now you'll grow the fuck up and get some real aspirations or learn a real skill. Perhaps a girlfriend or a job.
>>
>>28468243
There should be a community for people that suck like us. Everyone tells you to gg but you can gg playing against people with ten years of experience
>>
>>28468384
I don't suck. I mopped the floor back in my xbox live days. I wiped teams on Gears with just the chainsaw. I just started playing source after I got bored of it and never went back to consoles. I agree, git good.
>>
>>28468425
>gears
I will get good the day you get some taste
>>
File: 1395074429776.png (87 KB, 292x333) Image search: [Google]
1395074429776.png
87 KB, 292x333
>>28468371
>man the fuck up, stop doing stuff you enjoy because it's "wasted" since you don't provide for a busted whore and you don't make lots of money for other people

kys
>>
>>28468178
This. I went to dreamhack austin last weekend and there were at least 3 other csgo tournaments with 1000$+ in prizes
There was also some minor smash bros and other games too. Really fun, a lot better than i thought it would be like
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.