[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what sucks? Back in the day we had the Internet for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1421391634193.gif (1 MB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1421391634193.gif
1 MB, 220x200
You know what sucks?
Back in the day we had the Internet for ourselves, we the abnormals.
When you did something people noticed.
But now it's overpopulated just like the real world. You gotta be outright annoying and spamming to be recognized.
The outcasts became outcasts again.
We're merely ghosts now.
>>
>>28464963
Only in normie tier places like 4chan, Reddit, Facekek, Tumblr, etc. I still have my web cred in some local forums.
>>
>im such a special snowflake ha ha the internet is cool!

i read this exact same post in 2007
>>
>>28465003
>i read this exact same post in 2007
I read this same shit even earlier than that.

The people who used the internet pre-2000 aren't fucking gloating about it. Because if you used it before then you either had a job that worked with computers or you were a nerd.

And not like the "oh my god, sooo smart! Such a neeeerrrd! XDDD" kind of nerd, I mean the "get the shit kicked out of you during lunch break" kind of nerd.

The internet is fucking fine. If you don't want normie shit then don't go to Facebook, Reddit, 4chan, etc. Find your own little niche group and settle down there.
>>
>>28465032
yah bruh fuggen nerdz dun evn roid wat houw u evn life w/out roidz ???
>>
>>28465032

The first kind of nerd you described was made possible because of smart phones and easy access for every fuckwad.

There has been a drop in browsing quality because of smartphones let's be honest. Most people before that were contained on Facebook and Bebo before that.
>>
>>28465032
To a degree you're right, but if you want to research anything nowadays, you have to wade through pages of useless articles, clickbait traps, etc., all boosted by companies obsessed with SEO. It's absolute bullshit now, it's become like network cable, and if net neutrality ever goes away, it's only going to get worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (789 KB, 900x2002) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
789 KB, 900x2002
>>28465032
>The internet is fucking fine.
No, it really isn't. The internet is dying.
>>
>>28466166
It's not as if we don't have an option to stay in our obscure forums
The normies will flock to the kikebook type content aggregrators, but the outcasts will stay where they are
It's better that way
>>
>>28466196
>It's not as if we don't have an option to stay in our obscure forums
Except there aren't any anymore, and being one of three stubborn people still in a board that used to have hundreds, or thousands, is just stupid. You either have to be a full normie or a complete creepy weirdo, there's nothing in between anymore.
>>
>>28466220
>there aren't any anymore
go find a *chan of your choice and stay in there
there are plenty that don't have anywhere near the traffic 4chan does, and I imagine the people there will know some new places
you could go on the danknet and look for communities there
calm down brah
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.