[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /online anxiety/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dont_look_at_filename.png (242 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
dont_look_at_filename.png
242 KB, 1024x1024
I've been lurking this board for three years and I'm suddenly feeling the urge to post and contribute the conversations we see everyday.

Problem is, I don't know where to start. I'm scared I might make typos, or that my grammar (I am not a native speaker) won't be good enough to make a coerent and solid argument, or that my posts would be lost, ignored or wouldn't stand out amongst the others. When I type I get nervous, I really have no idea where to start or how to order my sentences properly and as a result of this, I end up looking up at older posts of older users and mime their whole structure.

When arguing with my skype friends I feel intimidated by their words, I start panicking, scared I might end up being humilated by them, which is why i always back off from actual conversations.
It takes to much for me to take part in a conversation, since my thoughts are always troubled by insicurities and complexes, usually related to the fact that my vocabulary is very poor.

How do I get over this, how do I overcome this terrible feeling?
>>
>>28464846
Have a (you).

OP take solace in knowing no one can see your reaction anyways. In real life I'm anxious because i have to repress my reactions and hide weakness.

Online it's much easier, just type whatever the fuck you want. Who cares if you're nervous, no one has to know. If someone insults you, it doesn't matter, they won't know if it got to you if you don't reply.

Eventually you'll not care anyways. And yeah, most of your posts will get ignored. Even the most insightful and well thought out posts get 0 replies constantly. It's just the nature of this website. Only shitposts that are intended to piss people off really get consisten responses.
>>
>>28464846
If you fuck up online you can just figuratively or literally run away and hide in a corner and no one will ever know.
>>
>>28464846
Therapy
Gradual exposure
Meds(don't self medicate ever)
>>
I think I do the wrong thing all the time: I can write serious argumentative posts in worthless trolling threads, I seldom follow up when someone replies to me, I make lame ass "subtle" jokes that no one understands etc.

Not being a native speaker helps, strangely, because my higher standards in my native language keep me from posting anything longer than one-liners, so I mostly hang out on English-language websites.

I came to feel a bit better about my writing abilities once I started keeping a regular diary. I would log my unimportant life experiences or write summaries for books that I read, shit like that.
>>
I know that feeling damn too well. I think you just need to start posting more and you'll gradually get used to it. When someone insults you, you just can ignore him. Also I often carefully compose my posts, since I'm not a native speaker as well.
>>
I know that feel OP. I've been lurking for about 6 years now, and have only made a few posts.
>>
>>28464846
You don't have it so bad. I am still bewildered to how people find it so fucking easy to do things like skype and talk
>>
>>28464846
Just keep posting, until you realise that there is little consequence to posting on /r9k/. As long as you aren't tripfagging obnoxiously or posting cp, you should be fine.
>>
>>28464846
If you fuck up on here just close the thread and don't think about the possible responses if they'll trigger you.

Also you need to learn the art of shitposting then you'll learn not to care
>>
>>28464846
>skype friends
>online anxiety
pick one you dumb bitch
>>
Your grammar and vocab are fine, nothing to be worried about.
>>
>>28464846
I've noticed that I tend to act the exact same way online as a I do in real life. That is to say, essentially orbiting groups of people, who either don't know or tolerate be being there and the entire time I am too scared to say a word. It's hard for whatever reason to disconnect myself and not take things similarly to how I would if it was face to face. Anonymity does not change anything.
>>
>>28464846

Faggot go back to lurking
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.