[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason not to drink when your life is shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: booze.jpg (14 KB, 325x250) Image search: [Google]
booze.jpg
14 KB, 325x250
Is there any reason not to drink when your life is shit?
>>
>>28464749

If you become dependent, liver failure and hepatic encephalopathy and esophageal varices bursting is a very bad way to die. So it's fine as long as you can moderate it.
>>
drinking isn't going to help you make it not-shit
>>
>>28464749
Yeah its unhealthy you idiot
>>
>>28464749
Eventually it will make it much, much worse. Just keep it under control. I've lost my handle on it a few times, but I'm finally starting to improve. I'm down from any hard alcohol, just beers. Not every day. I lost willpower and in a moment of weakness I drank whiskey at work last week, but I think I'm done with that shit now. A beer or 2 every few nights is enough.
>>
Drinking every day will absolutely end in a hellish nightmare, even if you think it's all cool, and you "drink water and eat healthy and sleep and take vitamins" and all that shit

If you wanna get messed up 24/7 just smoke weed.
>>
>>28464749
Addiction would make your life even worse
You are taking meds(like benzos or sleeping meds and shit)
You aren't able to handle alcohol
You aren't allowed to drink
>>
File: delordisgotakeapiss.jpg (47 KB, 326x493) Image search: [Google]
delordisgotakeapiss.jpg
47 KB, 326x493
>>28464749
No.
Heres a shot for you OP.
>>
>>28464788
That only happens due stopping drinking.
>>
File: 1461173329823.jpg (50 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
1461173329823.jpg
50 KB, 600x451
Just keep it to a six pack or less each day and it'll be cool.
>>
>>28465085

Cirrhosis (scarring) will occur over time, leading to end stage liver failure. At this point your liver will stop effectively forming components for your blood's clotting ability, and decreased blood flow (portal hypertension) due to scarring will basically back up the fluid in the rest of your body - see esophageal varices, and renal failure, yay! And so on.

You're thinking of delirium tremens, which occurs around 2-5 days after stopping drinking cold turkey for a severe alcoholic.
>>
>>28465085
>Liver failure
Try again. Also no guarantee you'll always have access to alcohol. It's adding a dependency to your life, and generally speaking, the less dependent you are, the better.
>>
>>28465187

Correction, sorry - I meant to say 8 hours to 2 days; day 5 it is resolving.
>>
>>28465187
Is liver failure permanent or just severely damaging unless serious changes are made?
>>
>>28465400
Permanent, amigo. No real way to recover it, just replacing it. And you're not likely to find a replacement. Complete liver failure is fatal.
>>
>>28464749
Because it gets better.
>>
File: laughing-and-pointing.jpg (35 KB, 429x285) Image search: [Google]
laughing-and-pointing.jpg
35 KB, 429x285
>>28465415
>He fell for the life gets better meme
>>
There's no reason to not drink ever.
>>
>>28465400

Failure is permanent. Cirrhosis, in the early stages, is not. But it takes a very long time to recover and you'll likely never be back at 100%.
>>
Drinking amplifies depression. I quit 7 months ago and every day life gets better
>>
>>28465415
It never gets better, only worse.
>>
>>28465580
It gets better for awhile after high school and then later it gets much, much worse.
>>
Kill yourself or don't. No point in feeling like shit all day everyday
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.