[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started rewatching Dexter. Holy shit, the first 3 or maybe 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
File: Dexterseason3.jpg (25 KB, 665x458) Image search: [Google]
Dexterseason3.jpg
25 KB, 665x458
Started rewatching Dexter. Holy shit, the first 3 or maybe 4 seasons were so fucking great. After that it went to shit.

I was 15 when it started and I literally grew up watching Dexter. It's kind of a different feeling watching it now, realizing I have even more similarities with Dex now than back in the day. This show was so spot on. The fakeness, the lies, the acting around people, the distant observation of people... everything.

It's ironic that when Dexter ended a couple years ago, my depression hit an all time low and has been on that level ever since, and watching the show again sort of gives meaning to my shitty day to day life.

I wish somebody would break into my apartment and put a barbie doll in my freezer tbqh.
>>
File: dexter.gif (495 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
dexter.gif
495 KB, 500x282
Post rare or not so rare Dexters if you want ITT.
>>
You should check out the books they're so much better than the later seasons of Dexter, although they are pretty different story wise
>>
Fuck I'm watching it right now for the first time.
I can't stop I'm addicted.
>>
>>28464714
I've listened to the first couple books that were narrated by Nick Landrum (or what was his name).
>>
>>2846476 (me)
Couldn't stand the one that was narrated by the writer, Jeff Lindsay himself.
>>
File: 1351149906043.gif (866 KB, 367x300) Image search: [Google]
1351149906043.gif
866 KB, 367x300
I didn't even finish the last season.
For the most part in the second last season I liked what they were doing with the gay mobster guy but I think something did go fuck up and the season went to shit also. idk it's been a while.

This was funny though.
>>
Blood Theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKeULSdjSnw

>>28464808
They fucked up season 7 because the actor who played Isaac had other stuff to do so they had write him out of the story quickly. That's why it was so rushed.
>>
File: you wanna do what.gif (61 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
you wanna do what.gif
61 KB, 300x169
Might rewatch the good seasons again. It has been a long time.
>>
>>28464836 (me)
I also didn't like season 4+ because Dex was just such an emotional crybaby pseudo chad.
>>
Is Mr. Robot worth the time? Writers always inevitably seem to fuck up the solitary types for the purposes of drama.
>>
>watching any tv series' except the top tier like the wire or twin peaks
>rewatching a mediocre tv series
There isn't that much time in life
>>
>>28465060
>shit posting on 4chan
>on fucking /r9k/ of all places

i could literally masturbate to this kind of irony.
>>
>>28464624
I thought I was the only one who felt this way about the show. There's been a sort of void in me ever since it went off-air, even if it did go to shit towards the end. Dexter's monologues, his observations about life, how removed he felt from normal human behavior were profound in ways I could really identify with. I've seen all the episodes a number of times, and I still watch it occasionally.
>>
>>28465060
>twin peaks
>top tier

Opinion discarded
>>
>>28465060
>top tier
>doesn't mention Sopranos
What a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 41Xe+6VIgtL._SY355_.jpg (17 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
41Xe+6VIgtL._SY355_.jpg
17 KB, 355x355
eggshells with original flavor
>>
@28464624
>realizing I have even more similarities with Dex now than back in the day. This show was so spot on. The fakeness, the lies, the acting around people, the distant observation of people... everything.

>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: Dexter-dexters-laboratory.jpg (47 KB, 445x567) Image search: [Google]
Dexter-dexters-laboratory.jpg
47 KB, 445x567
kek posting my dexters le faggots kys leafy is awesum
>>
>>28464624
>mfw witnessing a faggot memer actually make a "IM SUCH LIKE DEXTER" thread

maybe you're depressed because you're a lazy cunt who watches too much tv.
>>
>>28465252
Go back to watching gaymes of thrones pleb tier shit then fucko. Or capeshit or whatever is trendy on this board these days.
>>
>>28464861
They switched show runners after season 4. That's why it's shit. Luckily the end of 4 is a perfect end to the series so I just don't consider the later seasons to exist.

4 good seasons is still a pretty impressive effort for any tv show, above average anyway.
>>
>>28465161
>>28465135
You get triggered there? Calm down.
>>
>Dexter
>Not Hannibal
>>
>>28465327
>tumblr
That's what's wrong with it and also the complete inconsistency with other Hannibal movies
>>
>>28465107
There's no irony, I can go browse 4chan for like 5 minutes and watching dexter all the way through twice would probably take up like a whole week of time. Stop making shitty assumptions
>>
File: chilton season 10.png (69 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
chilton season 10.png
69 KB, 400x300
>>28465327
>tumblr
So tired of hearing this.

>Go to google
>Search thing
>Image of thing appears
>Save image of thing
>Post it here
>People bitch because the filename TRIGGERS them
>>
>>28465391
The only one triggered here is you.
>>
>>28465391
Whatever. Go back to tumblr, edgelord.
>>
File: 1421960959949.jpg (48 KB, 982x668) Image search: [Google]
1421960959949.jpg
48 KB, 982x668
>>28465406
Look at>>28465339
It happens every time.

Fuck's sake, pretty much any image you search will come up with a dozen tumblr results on the first 40 images.
>>
>>28464737
Stop after Season 4, that works as an ending to be honest. Turns into a fucking cartoon after that.
>>
>>28465036
Abit hokey towards the last 2 episodes but brilliant season. I kinda don't want a 2nd one to happen because it was so good.
>>
>>28464624
Well done OP, Dexter is top tier for with the first 4 seasons, the rest are good too but I didn't like 5 and 6. After watching many other shows Dexter may not be my favorite show, but the character itself, Dexter, will forever remain my favorite, I can relate to him so much.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.