[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So long story short I lost an eye recently, it's no big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
So long story short I lost an eye recently, it's no big deal but I have to do something about the scar area where it used to be.

I think glass eyes have that weird uncanny valley thing about them which makes them more distracting than anything else

Would it be incredibly spergy for me to use an eyepatch? I'm no where near as attractive as Big Boss.
>>
>>28464018
>glass eyes have that weird uncanny valley thing about them
I agree. Use an eyepatch, and if anyone asks, lift it up and show them that you actually are partially blind.
>>
>>28464018
Wear an eyepatch you devilishly handsome bastard
>>
wear an eyepatch with a skull and crossbones on it

when people say its weird, flip it up and show them your empty eye socket
>>
DO IT
originality
>>
>>28464018
I think it would attract far more unwanted attention than a glass eye. I wouldn't go with the fake eye either, but I'd probably just wear sunglasses instead.

It looks badass though. But it doesn't mean anything. Because I also find black trench coats (unironically) fairly cool.
>>
>>28464018
Not many people get the opportunity to wear an eyepatch, TAKE YOUR CHANCE. YOU'LL BE A COOL PIRATE BADASS GUY.
>>
>>28464018
I quite like the look of glass eyes that make no attempt to look like eyes. So random marble effects and shit. Kinda like Charles Dance in Last action hero. That's what I'd do.

What's the story anyway how'd you lose an eye?
>>
>>28464135
>scratch ass
>rub eye with same finger
>get an infection, eye is a goner
Think I'll need to come up with a better story to tell people?
>>
Honestly a glass eye is the way to go. Strangers on the street won't notice it and people at stores will typically be too polite to ask about it if they spend long enough looking you in the eye to notice. If it really bothers you, just wear glasses. People who really want to know you won't care about a glass eye the same way they would about an eyepatch.
An eyepatch on the other hand is going to get you weird looks wherever you go, and people are going to talk to you about it.
>>
File: 1411812982517.png (803 KB, 1000x1104) Image search: [Google]
1411812982517.png
803 KB, 1000x1104
>>28464135
Nothing exciting, hunting accident.
>>
>>28464152
so americlap healthcare and poorness combined?
>>
>>28464152
grim. Was it left or right?

Has your depth perception been badly effected.
>>
>>28464187
I thought I could walk it off. I couldn't.
>>
>>28464152
Avoid the part with scratching ass that shit is nasty.
Also you should avoid the part about getting the infection from rubbing your eyes with your ha ds, that means poor hygiene.
Also the infection suggest you dont wash face often and..
Forget it, just tell them you lost fight to Blackbeard and as a form of consolidation he gave you an eyepatch
>>
File: TPPBigBossPP.png (2 MB, 1255x1078) Image search: [Google]
TPPBigBossPP.png
2 MB, 1255x1078
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think i'll give it a go. There are places you can get them custom made and tailored to your face.

Will update r9k when I have it.
>>
>>28464206
And for maximal effect cut off your leg and buy a sparrow. Triangle hat is optional.
>>
>>28464206
>Also the infection suggest you dont wash face often and..
I wash my face often but who washes their eyeballs?
>>
>>28464152
Jesus crust I do this all the time stop scaring me

Did you just ignore the signs or?
>>
>>28464264
I guess I just got the wrong poop bacteria. You're playing russian roulette with those dingle berries
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>mfw people are taking the guy who said it was ass finger infection seriously

My sides are in orbit guys
>>
Why are you pretending to be me? If it were just you, this thread would be dead by now and no one would have had a mild chuckle
>>
>>28464092
>I think it would attract far more unwanted attention than a glass eye. I wouldn't go with the fake eye either, but I'd probably just wear sunglasses instead.

This, sunglasses.
Eyepatch will make you look try-hard and edgy.
I hate the idea of glass/fake eyes too.

I say goes those douchey mirror snglasses, wear them all the time and when someone tries to call you out on "tryin' to look cool" just lift them up and be all like "one eye, bitch" and make them feel guilty as shit.
>>
An eye patch sounds much better, get a good looking eye patch and not a cheap looking one.
>>28464152
Just claim your eye randomly got an infection, don't mention how, and say it was also itchy so you scratched it
>>
>>28464018
put a golf ball in the hole
>>
>>28464059
This. I've always thought about the chance of losing an eye, and then wearing a patch instead of some faggy glass eye. If people would make fun of me or my patch, I would just flip the patch up and show the gruesome empty socked without saying a word.
>>
>>28464018

Just get a gold or silver colored one. Might as well make shit interesting.
>>
>>28464018
You lost an eye an aren't going to rock an eyepatch? Are you fucking kidding me?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.