[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you people deal with sitting on your computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
How the fuck do you people deal with sitting on your computer all day?

I had to call in sick today and i'm already bored as fuck. This is just asking to get depressed.
>>
>>28462176

have no motivation to do anything else and get comfy.
>>
Smoke fuck loads of weed
My work is also at the computer
>>
>>28462176
Fucking normalfag, I've sat inside on my computer all day since I was like 12. You don't know what depression is
>>
That's why I decided to learn an instrument
>>
Uncaring and wasting time soon the days, months and years fly by.
>>
>>28462176
I actually spend a lot of my work using a computer.
>>
File: morons.png (700 KB, 1105x707) Image search: [Google]
morons.png
700 KB, 1105x707
>>28462213
>You don't know what depression is
>implying it's a real thing
>>
>>28462176
Go be a extrovert elsewhere faggot.
>>
>>28462245
>>28462204
What do you do?

And don't say professional fapper please
>>
I'm a solo game designer, so I like to spend all my time doing that. Just tweaking things, experimenting, stuff like that. I am a depressed shit, though, so I guess you're right on that one, OP.
>>
I've got a lot of grinding to do in FFXIV.
>>
>>28462176
By switching things up. I usually play music most of the day and just browse as background action. Or i'll go for a long walk, or bike ride, or skateboard, whatever. Or go eat a meal. Or jerk off. Or take a shit. Or a shower. It's easy if you keep changing it up, and you can really make any of those actions last a longer time when you're not in a rush.
>>
File: 11.jpg (72 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
72 KB, 1280x528
I haven't done anything in close to 8 months.

I have no motivation and everything is completely boring to me. I wake up, get on the computer, and do nothing till I'm tired, then I try to go to sleep for a few hours. I think this is the deepest I've ever been into my depression. I don't know what to do... I've tried exercising, eating a healthy diet, medication, meditation, forcing myself to socialize, following a sleeping pattern, etc.

Last year I was inches away from ODing and wound up a few times to the psych ward. I can't much more of this daily unending mundane meaningless existence. I'm beyond asking for help, I only wish you are not fated as I have been.
>>
>>28463239
Get a job

P.S. Original
>>
>>28462255
It is.

>>28463239
OD? On whhat? I tried it once. Got a scar on my neck.
Also, anon, I would like to tell you that if I lived near you, I'd try my best to be your friend!
>>
Vidya
Bingewatching series/movies
4chan
Youtube/twitch/other
Pirating books
Reading media
Creative pursuits

I don't know how people can get bored if they have PC access. It's an endless stream of gratification.
>>
>>28463655
Boredom isn't about running out of things to do.
There's always stuff to do. Always.
Boredom is about losing the interest in things.
>>
File: 1460961691393.jpg (236 KB, 959x639) Image search: [Google]
1460961691393.jpg
236 KB, 959x639
>>28463239
this is exactly where i am now and im 19. how long until i start getting tired of being alive?
>>
>>28462176
>I had to call in sick today
Fuuuck, are you me? I'm already afraid of working tomorrow again.
>>
>>28463687
Soon.
Look, I'm 20, I'm on a similar situation, but I'm sick of it. I really am.
We need to do something about this.
I'm going to start going to the gym. You should consider that too.
>>
>>28463671
>There's always stuff to do. Always.

There are always some things to do. But your options are way, way more numerous with a PC

>Boredom is about losing the interest in things.

That's more like apathy or having no drive or something. Boredom as 'I don't have things to do because I have limited options' does exist and is not the same thing as your 'I'm so le depressed everything is le gray and boring.'
>>
>>28463707
i've been think of starting a martial art for something to do, but i always have freakouts sitting in the parking lot and never manage to make it in.
how do i fix this
>>
>>28463718
Riiight.
No need to be rude.
>>
>>28463736
>No need to be rude.

Bantz are a part of the board etiquette.
>>
>>28463745
>Bantz are a part of the board etiquette.
I know, I know.
But can't we try a bit of positive and friendly reinforcement?
It does wonders for me and I believe it would do to the other folks too.
A couple of weeks ago I managed to go outside, get my hair cut and my eyebrows made because of some friendly people I found on 4chan.
>>
>>28463779
>But can't we try a bit of positive and friendly reinforcement?

But it usually causes a reverse effect and causes posters to lash out over disrupting the sadness circlejerk.

Either way, I guess experiences with the board differ.

>A couple of weeks ago I managed to go outside, get my hair cut and my eyebrows made because of some friendly people I found on 4chan.

Keep on fighting the good fight then. But don't let anons dictate you what to do. You gotta make your own self-improvement decisions for them to really count in the long run.
>>
File: 1454891472092.jpg (33 KB, 600x564) Image search: [Google]
1454891472092.jpg
33 KB, 600x564
>Every three months have enough leave saved up for ten days off paid
>Always take ten days off
>By day six I've wasted my money on crap
>Bored of everything I have
>Stay up until 4-5 am so I can sleep the day away
>Go back to work
>Immediately want to go back to hermit mode

The neet life style is a slow death of comfortable boredom. If my family could support me (or Australia gave half decent neetbux) forever I'd still be a neet and loving it. I've never been happy but those were definitely my most comfortable years. Any dignified and half rational human being knows that working in this modern world is for slaves.
>>
>>28463854
>But it usually causes a reverse effect and causes posters to lash out over disrupting the sadness circlejerk.

You just keep trying to cheer them up, man. That's the way forward.

>But don't let anons dictate you what to do.
I didn't. Cutting my hair and getting my eyebrows done were fruits of my own desire.
Because of all the support and the kind words those folks gave me, I just felt like doing something good.
I decided to go to the gym because of another friend I made here on 4chan. He is in a similar situation, but he seems like such a nice guy, you know? The kind of person you'd like to hang out with.
I want to meet him, and he wants to meet me. We live in different continents, so that's probably not going to happen, but there's a chance. And that chance is enough for me.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.