[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lonely losers get in here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: lonelinessbench.jpg (2 MB, 1492x1120) Image search: [Google]
lonelinessbench.jpg
2 MB, 1492x1120
Who /lonely/ here? I just want a friend to shoot the shit with and talk to for hours and hours. How do you guys deal with the boredom sometimes?
>>
>>28461610
>I just want a friend to shoot the shit with and talk to for hours and hours
post skype then

if you are lucky we might connect and I might talk with you more than once
>>
>>28461641
master_sgt2 go ahead senpai.
>>
I tried alcohol, video games, and the internet, none of them have worked.

I'm gonna try going outside next. It's not worth feeling like this. This is worse than rejection.
>>
>>28461679
OP here, I try to drown my sorrows in video games. I really try to force myself but it just doesn't work out. It fucking sucks, it feels like I'm wasting time.
>>
File: 1459653460311.jpg (366 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459653460311.jpg
366 KB, 800x800
>>28461673
nevermind you have a stupid username i dont want to talk to you
>>
>>28461700
I made it when I was 15 (am 18 now, you gotta give me some leeway)
>>
>>28461610
I'm pretty lonely, it really makes you feel shitty. I go to work, and I talk to my coworkers but I never actually talk to anyone, and even if I did I don't think they'd like me.
>>
File: IMAG002.jpg (261 KB, 1839x987) Image search: [Google]
IMAG002.jpg
261 KB, 1839x987
Second Life.

Socializing as convenient as ordering a pizza.
>>
>>28461951
Do you honestly play second life? I'd feel like I'd rather trying to give myself mental illness by creating a tulpa before I touched second life.
>>
Im not. I feel like I have a gaping hole in my chest where all joy and happiness seep out and only nothingness and pain is left. There is this girl who when im with fills the whole, and I don't feel hollow anymore, but I doubt she would ever want me. Hopefully one day I act on my fantasies of suicide and finally end this hollowing.
>>
Who else had a best friend but now they've been dating a girl for years and barely talk to you now? Our friendship has gone to shit and he was pretty much my only close friend.
>>
I austically play a card game and sink time into play testing by myself and I play several time sink video games to pass the time.
>>
>>28462005
That's tough anon, I hope for your sake you don't decide to an hero.

>>28462024
Why don't you talk to him about it? Or is it that his GF is driving a wedge?
>>
Reminder that if you,re an introvert actually hanging out with friends is 90% less fun than it looks.
>>
>>28462040
It's nice to get out sometimes though, or at least talk to people over the internet. Like right now, isn't technology grand?
>>
>>28462038
Yeah I tried telling him but it didn't last long.
>>
>>28462154
Cut your losses I say, what can you do if he won't listen. Sucks to hear that anon.
>>
>>28462146
I go outside every day and talk to people often times, but thats a lot different from having to spend hours with one or two freinds outside of any planned event/activity. I assume normies don,t consider this since they are used to being around other people or talking to them on the phone or facebook every waking moment. But posting on /r9k/ is more enjoyable than spending 3 hours with a friend trying to keep him/her entertianed and and look bored/boring too them. Perhaps thats why drugs and drinking are like what most people do when they get together.
>>
I want a friend to kill time and cure intense loneliness with, but i'm terrified of people at the same time. I'll find an internet friend and after a week or so start to panic and delete them from everything from anxiety. i've never let anyone get close enough to me to make me vulnerable but i need it or else i don't see how i'm going to survive another ~50 years of this. it's like pushing magnets together the wrong way. anxiety sucks balls.

skype is shamu9dc

i have a hard time dealing with skype calls without panic so i just stick with text usually

i need anxiety meds or meditation or booze or something to fix me. and i need to keep trying and not collapse
>>
>>28462268
same here, I just want xanax sometimes and just forget about all the bullshit that runs through my mind sometimes. It gets to you.
>>
>>28462024
My best friend had two kids with the vapid whore.
Lives with her.
Is basically married to her without all the paperwork and ceremony.
I don't ever fucking see him anymore. The last time we hung out was august.
>>
I fill the sorrow by drawing and look for groups with similar interest, even though I lurk most of the time, its comforting
>>
>shoot the shit with

I've hung out with some coworkers and that's pretty much what they do; drink, play vidya/board games and "shoot the breeze" with each other, making jokes and talking about trivial stuff all night.

Now that's fine. There is nothing wrong with that. But for myself I've always wanted a few close friends I could talk to about deeper stuff. Stuff that's important to me, and hopefully to them. My most personal thoughts and opinions, my reasoning for liking things, what I think of space and philosophy and human history and society and art, etc.

When I was with that fairly large group of people playing Smash Bros and Monopoly I felt very alone because I knew not one of them would be even remotely interested in hearing my viewpoints on things, and likely I wouldn't be interested in hearing theirs. On a surface level we got along but beyond that there wasn't much of a connection, which is what I've always wanted.

Someone to say "I feel the same way" or "I understand" and mean it to me.
>>
>>28462954
That's why I miss having a gf, because that's the kinda stuff we would talk about. I loved those conversations, they felt so meaningful to me. It was much more real than talking about whatever random bullshit, I miss that.
>>
>>28462954
Yeah ive only ever had one friend who was like this until he started smoking meth and became a normie with a gf and a kid
I miss you luke you crazy diamond
>>
>>28463020
>>28463063
I had a friend like that briefly, but he ended up getting with the girl he knew I was interested in and throwing me to the dirt.

I don't really trust people anymore, but I still long for that connection. Maybe someday I'll find a nice girl to stargaze with, or a friend to go to the park with and chat, or to simply drive around and talk with.

I just don't want to have conversations with myself anymore.
>>
>>28463101
Yeah i certainly miss it to man
I hope we both make it
>>
>>28461610
I have a girlfriend. That has nothing to do with anything, but I would just like to mention that.
>>
>>28461679
You didn't tried alcohol.
>>
>>28461679
Go to a pharmacy and buy some cough medicine with only dextromethorphan in it
>>
I've recently tried to join an online community, first time doing so for 5-6 years and it's going really fucking slow. It's hard to talk with people when they're talking about the flavour of the week piece of media that everyone seems to be interested in but you. Also doesn't help when some people's first impression of you is either a really shitty joke or a joke they didn't quite get. It's a role playing community based around "events" so maybe once I've contributed more to those I might start making some friends there or something, just wish it was as easy as it was when I was 16 and slightly less of a social retard.
>>
I guess I'm naturally a people person, but I have no people around me. I'm really clingy when it comes to my few friends. I just wanna talk to people. ;__;
>>
>>28461700
We can't all be xXx_Goku_Sephiroth_WeEdLoRd_69_xXx
>>
>>28463493
Joining online communities that aren't like massive games are difficult because everythings established and everyon ehas their cliques already.
>>
>>28462954
This

I've never had a close relationship in my entire life to the point where the psychs at the ward recommended I get psychotherapy just to develop a relationship where I can be honest for once in my life. I feel no connection to the therapist.

I mean that genuinely. All I want is some close relationship with someone who cares for me like I do them but nobody seems to want this friendship and a romantic relationship seems unobtainable at this point

I'm getting crazier every day from loneliness and it's recently been getting worse. I've been cutting myself just out fI boredom. Before getting put in the ward I climbed a crane. I went out the other night at midnight and posted pictures of what I saw walking around the city. Barely anybody responded to the thread... I walked for 6 hours, I sprained both my hip and ankle... It's night again and I can't even go out and do something crazy
>>
>>28463567
Yeah the community itself has been going for YEARS and most of the active members were there from the beginning. Kinda wish I was this other guy who joined just before I did who just jumped the fuck into everything and participated in every event with their kind of sense of humour. Instead I'm picking and choosing where to participate since I've never rp'd before and chiming into conversations with a shitty one liner every few hours
>>
File: 1462417176659.png (16 KB, 958x660) Image search: [Google]
1462417176659.png
16 KB, 958x660
>>28461610
>I just want a friend to shoot the shit with and talk to for hours and hours.
I know how you feel. The older I get the more impossible this seems. It's hard to imagine finding someone who can really relate to me. No one seems to be on my peculiar wavelength and I don't even know how to express what it is in an effort to find people who are. On the one hand I feel like I should disregard that feeling of doubt and just try my best to open up to others and hope they can relate. On the other I feel disillusioned with the prospect of taking a total shot in the dark. I feel like my odds were better on the /r9k/ of old, and on the internet of old for that matter, but maybe I was just different then. Maybe I could relate to myself better then.
>>
>>28461610
If you crave human interaction, you're a failed normie and should leave this board to the truNEETs and wizards.
>>
>>28463686
>I know how you feel. The older I get the more impossible this seems.

The older I get the more I realize how different everyone is. The more people I talk to and the more that I experience the less hope I have of ever finding anyone who will understand how I think or feel. It's gotten to the point where I'm pretty well convinced that most people (certainly myself) are irredeemably alone.
>>
I'm genuinely considering catching the train tomorrow and asking random whether they want to be friends

I don't know how to do this
I'm thinking just walking straight up to someone, sit down and say "hey, do you want to be friends?"

What do I wear? I don't own anything besides sweatpants, t-shirts and boots/runners
>>
>>28463737
You won't have any luck. People don't generally respond well to blunt things like that.
>>
>>28463748
What's the worst that could happen?

I just stand up, go to someone else and ask the same question
>>
>>28463758
You end up approaching the wrong kind of person and they call you a creep/loser/weirdo/retard or call the cops on the creepy weirdo going around a train trying to illicit relationships with strangers
>>
>>28463725
>The older I get the more I realize how different everyone is.
I've noticed that too. I started off with the belief that most people were more or less like myself, and only with time have I come to understand just how different people are on a fundamental level. Yet I think most people manage to find enough commonality in shared experiences, even if they're simple or shallow: just being with someone and empathizing with them is enough. For me that experiencing is restrained and inhibited to a degree, and that is something few can relate to. Which is to say, I am too withdrawn into myself to relate in the way that most do.
>>
>>28463785
>what am I being charged with?
>soliciting friends with intent to distribute
>>
>>28463647
RPing is great when you get into it. I used to do it on City of Heroes, got fan art of my character and everything. Then it died.
>>
>>28463758
>What's the worst that could happen?
Basically you get arrested for being a predator and your life is ruined forever.
>>
>>28463785
>>28464197
These two are paranoid retards.

The worst that can happen is the person will find you weird and walk away from you.
>>
>>28464229
>These two are paranoid retards.
Yeah, ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lasNMlIAD8
>>
By having friends
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 723x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 723x587
>>28461610
>Haven't spoken to anyone outside my nuclear family in 6 months
>not even strangers
I just play League and work desu anon, grow some plants, drink a lot, just wait in limbo amd try enjoy my life a bit I guess...
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.