[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm on a quest to cure my depression, anxiety, and cripplingly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1461591769439.png (64 KB, 507x540) Image search: [Google]
1461591769439.png
64 KB, 507x540
I'm on a quest to cure my depression, anxiety, and cripplingly low self esteem. This is what I have so far

>get /fit/
Will help with self confidence and exercise and healthy food are supposedly good for depression.

>learn Spanish
Will help me to feel more mentally capable and strengthen resume

>get a fake tinder
Will help me to learn to speak to girls and help anxiety

>learn to draw
Will give me a creative outlet and linear improvement will help me feel better about myself

What do you guys think? Any tips?
>>
I think you're fucking retarded.
Well, getting fit is useful because improving your appearance helps a lot. You notice people treat you better and feel better about yourself.
But your problems seem to come from a prolonged social isolation or a lack of validation from other humans. In that case, I suggest researching fashion, human behavior and seduction. It'll help much more to fit in with other people and not feel so inadequate all the time.
>>
>>28459337
Fuck this guy, OP. Good on you for wanting to improve yourself instead of living life as a worthless neet.
>>
>>28459279
Sounds good excpet for the fake tinder.
>>
>>28459279
Getting fit is good, but i would focus on learning to talk to people first before the other stuff.

That's what I'm doing now. Been going to the gym for about 4 months now and I'm forcing myself to go to events to talk to people, or even do small things like talking to cashiers.
>>
>>28459377
What's wrong with it?

Oliginal
>>
>>28459279
All great, especially the fitness meme.
You're missing two things.

Make real friends. I keep putting it off and I know that it's what's really holding me back.
That and plan a decent future for yourself or its all aimless desu.
>>
>>28459520
It's deceitful and creepy.

Remember you're trying to be a better man.
>>
File: flowerpot hats.jpg (116 KB, 682x570) Image search: [Google]
flowerpot hats.jpg
116 KB, 682x570
>>28459279

Get off 4chan, especially /r9k/. We relish in our loserdom.

Actually, do vonlunteer work--you meet really cool, genuinely nice people and it helps self-esteem to feel like you're doing something for somebody even more pathetic than you. Find a charitable cause and go to something and volunteer. It is in all honesty, extremely addictive.
>>
beeing fit does not help

t.fitbot
>>
>>28459631
Yep if you're going to be a better man, you actually have to be a better man.
>>
>>28459631
>it's deceitful and creepy

It's not like I'm actually going to try and fuck them I just want to learn to talk to them with out having a panic attack. I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.

>>28459655
I like this one and I have been thinking of volunteering at my local hospice. Adding to the list thanks
>>
File: happy wojak clear.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
happy wojak clear.png
5 KB, 645x773
>>28459279
>Get the fuck out of this place and don't look back.

This place is the worst enabler of negative outlooks on life and self-pity. Once you stop wasting hours each day on here you'll find yourself doing things that are actually fun and/or productive.

>clean your room/house/apartment/dorm

You are a mirror image of your environment and vice-versa, if you live in a cluttered chaotic mess, you mind will also be in that state. Even if some days you don't have time to vacuum all the carpets and whatever else AT LEAST make your bed everyday. It's one of the top memehacks for self-improvement since it's a daily exercise in self-discipline and forming good habits and takes only a few seconds.

>cut back on video games

I've quit so many drugs, video games are my biggest time/money wasters.
Other than that, just make yourself concrete, realistic goals every day/week/month and take everything one step a time, have a good journey!
>>
>>28459279
I'm on the same quest, and I can tell you that your number 1 goal is to get away from your parents and live by yourself if at all possible. NOTHING will hold you back more than starting with them, believe me, even if they're good people.
>>
>>28459753
Again it's dishonest and deceptive.

Women aren't objects anon. Treat them like you would want to be treated.
>>
File: 1459461922876.jpg (149 KB, 1000x633) Image search: [Google]
1459461922876.jpg
149 KB, 1000x633
>>28459765
>get out and don't look back

Everyone tells me that and I know I should but this place is so addicting. A lot of the times it feels like the only place you can talk honestly and uninhibited.

>clean
I am a very messy and disorganized person but I can see how this would be beneficial. I really liked the idea of the small bit of discipline in making your bed every morning. Added to the list thanks
>>
>>28459765
This is all solid advice.
>>
>>28459765
>This
this place is toxic af, I couldn't imagine any of the normies i know spending time on 4chan lol.
>>
>>28459926
I'm a total normie. This place is for lulz.
>>
File: 18077950[1].jpg (17 KB, 258x400) Image search: [Google]
18077950[1].jpg
17 KB, 258x400
>>28459279

none of this will cure your depression or self-esteem issues man. they're great things to do for self-improvement...like, "i want to get fit to be more healthy", "i want to learn to draw because i like to but have never been able to try it", those are good reasons to do those things. not, "im gonna do this and hopefully it will cure my depression" cuz it wont.

thats a fundamental difference you have to start viewing this shit as. become more mindful. introspect and find out what you REALLY want to do in life, not what you want to do because it *might* cure your depression. it's a long road. but you can't ride it by visualizing what it *could* look like 20 miles down...you have to live in the moment in order to ride it, or you'll go off the tracks again.

i recommend this book. it's a light read but really helped me. it's not some sort of "do these 3 crazy steps and you will be better!"... it helps you deconstruct your thoughts and not let them have such an impact on how you feel.
>>
>>28459279
It gets easier every day.

You have to do it every day, that's the hard part.

But it gets easier every day.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.