[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it get better in college? Currently a senior in highschool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 960x1277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 960x1277
Does it get better in college? Currently a senior in highschool and i couldnt even get a date for prom. Any girl i try to text eventually ignores me. My highschool life has felt so uneventful and it sucks just staring at my computer screen all day reminding myself how lonley I am. I just wish things would get better.
>>
It gets worse because the work is harder and you have no time to be chasing girls
>>
>>28458950
I can see why. holy shit sorry about your face.
>>
>>28458950
>Does it get better in college?
no
imagine your high school except 10x bigger and you live inside it and never get to leave and the classes are harder

that is college
>>
It either gets better or gets far, far worse in college, likely before you even recognize what's happened.

Move fast or you're fucked.
>>
>>28459011
Holy shit hahahaah
Thank God I dropped out
>>
not really
you'll have way less chances to talk to girls
like that part where you actually had girls to text?
Yeah that's not happening anymore unless you want to put in the amount of effort it would have taken you to get a gf in HS
>>
Don't listen to these nerds OP. Brighten up. College is a million times better. I went from being a loner virgin lowlife to losing my virginity the second semester of college, fucking a 2nd girl who was hotter weeks later, and then got two blowjobs from another while I'm still fucking around with the second. It isn't until college that you realize how stupid and easy girls are. And no, it's not because I'm a chad. It's just that I put myself out there and stopped giving a fuck about how I am perceived by people in college because there are so many bitches in college that if you fuck up on one you're very likely to never see her again. And if so, fuck it who cares. It's college. I believe in you man. All you have to do is believe in yourself.
>>
>>28458950
ewww you're ugly. don't post pictures of yourself
>>
No. It gets far, far worse.

I was basically in your position in highschool, all I could think of was how great college would be, how social I would become.

now im going into my senior year of college next semester.

The last 3 years bave been the worst, loneliest, most soul crushingly depressing years of my life, and i feel it getting worse everyday.

Having to sit there and watch all these people. These normal, well adjusted people, its horrible. The thought of even being anywhere close to that is impossible.

We missed the boat years ago, all of us here. At least the ones who truly belong on this board. Its too late. the formative years, those experiences that are key to social development, we fucked up, or maybe we were fucked from the start. Either way, it cant get better. Because even if you act normal, Its all fake, just an illusion to try and fit in, and pray that people dont discover how pathetic people like us are.

Im so sorry
>>
>>28459035
Fuck. This happened to me
>>
op - i am going to give you the only practical advice you'll get.

1. you're young, go into cocoon mode.
2. grow your hair, mostly the top. get the sides and back short once in the while but leave the top.
3. you're heading into summer - find a job ASAP and start your bank account instead of sitting in front of a computer all summer.

you have A LOT of time to work on yourself, don't sweat it.
>>
>>28458950
It's way easier to become isolated in college, particularly if you're in a popular and work intensive major (e.g. compsci or other engineering like 99% of /r9k/). Basically the first few years will be all entry level math and science shit with massive lectures where nobody is really interested in getting to know any of their classmates. If you don't join any social groups and don't live on campus, it can be extremely difficult to meet people. That said it's also easy to make friends and really turn things around. Basically all you have to do is live in the dorms. You're virtually guaranteed to make friends with the guys on your floor and that opens the pathway to a whole bunch of other social shit.

Basically do NOT treat college like high school 2.0 and just go to class, come home, and do your work. You will end up alone and miserable and contrary to your fantasies it is highly unlikely you will ever get friends or a gf from meeting people in your classes (seriously, I don't know a single person who met their bf/gf in a class). But if you make an effort to be social you'll be fine and it will definitely be a step up from high school.
>>
being social just to be social is a waste of time.

better to find a job and get that cash flow, and then in your free time you can spend it however you want.

keep busy with college, don't let your grades drop. you're there to be better than everyone else so you can get a job later on.
>>
>>28458950
Depends, I guess. Do the people get better? No, people will be shit the rest of your life. There will still be frat stars and sorostitutes that think they're still in highschool, and that goes well into the workplace, and probably nursing homes, idk.
What does get better is that you have more opportunities to avoid the shittiest ones. My suggestion to you before you go to college is to get off shit holes like this website and just do your best to fit in, even if you change some things about yourself. It's better and a lot less lonely. Don't be disingenuous, but allow for some flexibility in some areas.

A lot of your highschool classmates will mellow out towards cliques that used to exist because now that you're all in a new place, you guys share common ground, but as a whole, people will be similar.
>>
>>28459227
This guy right here cared too much OP.

Make sure that you gain a "who cares" mentality about social situations turning awkward when you get to college. If you think something is funny no matter how cruel or stupid say it. That's how you'll learn who you match up with in terms of friends. Make sure you set a good foundation when you get to college. Embrace that "who cares" mentality whenever you first arrive on move in day. TALK TO PEOPLE.

Here was my strategy when I first moved in. Ask people these questions to get to know them better:

>What's your major?
>where are you from?
>what do you plan to do with that major?
>is there anything/anywhere fun around here you know about?

Shit like that. Crawl out of your little shell and be a motherfucker who doesn't give two shits if someone thinks negatively of you or thought what you said was awkward. Fuck them, they care too much. Stop caring about the little things that don't really matter
>>
>>28459362
Shit advice. Keep good grades, but if you don't have a social life in college and your major sucks you're going to blow your brains out. A few GPA points sacrifice is worth having friends and getting drunken pizza at trivia on a Tuesday. After your first job no one will ever ask your GPA, and a large social network is much more beneficial to getting a job than having a 3.7 instead of a 3.2. Unless you're going to med school or something.
>>
File: anditwasgood.jpg (171 KB, 958x719) Image search: [Google]
anditwasgood.jpg
171 KB, 958x719
College is the best thing that happened to me.
>get to actually see SJWs in person and laugh at them
>everyone is basically on their own so you make new friends just by snapping your fingers
>finally have an asian gf

I've always looked a bit dopey myself and highschool sucked for me man I'd always sat alone etc but in college if you just shrug the bullshit off and fucking go for it then anything is possible.
>>
>>28458950
No.
>>
Smoke some weed ya pussy
>>
>>28459203
> and now on top of all that, you can experience jail time after the 3rd bitch you fucked 8 weeks ago decided she wasn't impressed

Easy bitches? Just a sensitive minefield. OP AVOID COLLEGE AND GET A TRADE
>>
What would you guys honestly rate OP? I'd say a 5/10. Not conventional but not hard to look at; decent in its own right.
>>
>>28459203
>Don't listen to these nerds OP. Brighten up. College is a million times better.
Yeah for normie, fuck you bro. Just finished my first year and didn't make a single friend
>>
People like to say bullshit like "oh you can completely reinvent yourself in college! no one in college knows who you were before! change your life!"

That only works for people who were outcasts in high school just because they were shy or because some unfortunate event happened that turned people off of them. Most people in HS knew the same kids in elementary and middle school so the personality/problems follow you the whole way

If you are legitimately weird, or avoidant or whatever, college will actually be even more cripplingly isolating. Instead of being basically forced to be with the same kids all year, you can easily be skipping classes, or be in classes with huge auditoriums where no one talks to people they don't know, you can go home right after class, and stuff like that
>>
>>28458950

LOL

yes, like x100, unless you're an incredible faggot

Just drink, fuck even if you're a stoner recluse it's easy as hell to make friends
>>
>>28458950
for people like you, no it doesn't.

It's better for people that are already popular, and worse for people who are already introverted.
>>
It can get better. It got better for me, even though life still sucks, it sucks much less than before.
I NEET'd for a year, though. I though I'd never top that life style, but I forgot it quick enough after the first couple of months of actually getting female attention.
>>
>>28459570
le dae alcohol and drugs make u popular xd
>>
>>28459334
As a cs major who just finished his first year, this guy is right on the spot. The only acquaintance I made was someone in my religion course I chose at last minute. Its hard to meet people in stem subjects
>Basically all you have to do is live in the dorms
living in a dorm is not free though and for some people its not worth the money. If I were to live in a dorm I probably wouldn't make any friends
>>
>>28459570
>yes, like x100
when will this meme die? What changes from highschool to uni that could make it better?
>>
>>28459659
>computer science major

your autism is what led you to do computer science, thats why do you dont have friends, it isnt because of the school
>>
College is only better if you live on campus.

If you commute it fucking sucks way worse than highschool.
>>
>>28458950
it won't get better with your face bud sorry
>>
>>28459427

true, but we're robots here. focusing on your gpa and getting a job is more applicable advice.
>>
>>28458950
Don't ask anyone out in your major. I lowered my standards, improved my self extremely, did it, and now I'm a nightmare scenario.
>>
>>28459710
lol you dont know me pal, I don't want to become a game dev or some shit. I chose cs because thats what my dad chose, there's good job security, and you don't have to actively talk to people.
Good luck landing a job with your liberal arts bullshit
>>
>>28459986
holy christ that projection

and you think you dont have autism lol
>>
>>28458950
It got infinitely worse for me.

Went from having a few friends I could confide in to having Z E R O and never wanting to get out of bed in the morning.

Needless to say I failed all my classes this past semester.
>>
>>28459986
>because my dad chose it
>so I don't have to talk to people

Oh, so the autism runs in your family then,
>>
>>28460006
>NO U
are you implying its hard to find a job in compsci? Your job flipping burgers is going to be automated in 10 years.
>>28460024
>this butthurt someone is more successful than you
>>
>>28460077
>first year computer science major
>already saying how successful he is and projecting on others

You're in for a rough life, aspie.
>>
>>28460024
also my dads travels the world presenting product to thousands of people. He's been to every continent. Meanwhile you're here browsing the loser section of a chinese image board shitposting
>>
>>28460100
>26 y/o NEET living in his moms basement
i doubt you even graduated highschool lol
>>
>>28459986
>you don't have to actively talk to people
K E K

maybe this was true 30 years ago when the field was still niche and ability reigned supreme, but now brogrammers are the norm and if you're some robot autist there's no reason for them to hire you over a pajeet who is just as socially incompetent as you but will do your job for half the pay

have fun festering in IT for the rest of your life, THAT field at least actually is suited for autists, mostly because nobody else wants to endure the shame of admitting they work in IT
>>
>current year
>Not taking the "I'll be their boss one day" blue pill till out of college

Shiggy fampai
>>
>>28460225
what degree do you suggest? All the chemical/electrical engineers are currently unemployed here in Canada, and can barely get jobs in retail.
>>
>>28458950
Wow these guys give terrible advice. Did y'all even go to college?

College is a lot better because:
>less class time (overall)
>learn about living on your own
>even if you're a faggot actually living around bros will help you become a bro
>everyone is so much less judgmental
>you'll inevitably find someone who connects with you

College is great. I know so many kids that were shy losers in hs and went on to college to have a great time. But the key is you have to live there. No commuting bullshit. Living around people your own age and living without your parents will most likely rip you out of your shell. Like an 85% chance.
So yeah it gets better and you don't have anything to worry about.

P.S. Your face is fine
>>
Join a frat, start from there.
>>
>>28458950
Nope it gets worse friendo
>>
>>28460657
>Like an 85% chance.
robots are the minority
>>
>>28460657
>actually living around bros will help you become a bro
>Living around people your own age will most likely rip you out of your shell
>you'll inevitably find someone who connects with you
I can handle being around people for a while but when I got put into a dorm I was literally never alone and completely shut down/withdrew

Your model only works if you're an extrovert/failed normie
>>
>>28458950
Had two brothers in college while I was in HS so I knew what was coming.
As long as you are efficient at studying, and live on campus you should be fine.
Just make sure you don't stay in your fucking dorm room 24/7 and be ballsy once in awhile and you will be fine.
Overall face is fine, some facial cream might help.
>>28460724
If someone wanted to pay people to be friends with then the cost efficient thing would be to pay prostitutes.
>>
>>28461961
>don't stay in your fucking dorm room 24/7 and be ballsy once in awhile and you will be fine.
what should I do instead?
>>
>>28460943
>when I got put into a dorm I was literally never alone and completely shut down/withdrew
I'm pretty sure this was what did me in. I need my personal space and some quality alone time to be able to function in the world, and I didn't get that this year. Also, you're relationship with your roommate(s) is really important. My first year I lived in the dorms with someone I didn't really like and we got along fine, I got out of the room pretty often, and when we were both in the room he wasn't bothering me or even really trying to talk to me. My second year I lived in the dorms with two guys I was friends with and one friend of a friend in one big room and I ended up really disliking those two friends because they constantly wanted to talk to me or were playing loud video games and I like my room to be somewhere I can go to chill out and not have to deal with anything. Next year I'm living with three other friends but I'll at least have my own room with a door that locks.
>>
File: your life is over fam.png (48 KB, 402x308) Image search: [Google]
your life is over fam.png
48 KB, 402x308
>>28459011
This familias. Highschool is life on easy mode. 2,000 of your closest friends, forced to stay in class with you for years.

College is much of the same, but THOROUGHLY depersonalized. You'll be lucky to make ONE acquaintance in a classroom, and if you dorm, you may get to know someone.

If you couldn't make it in highschool, just forget people and focus on grades.
>>
Op here, I appreciate all the feedback this has gotten. Hopefully college will be my better years.
>>
>>28458950
wew he looks like the fusion between a acquintance of mine and the rodge
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.