[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>didnt get accepted into any of the 3 colleges I applied for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1383352401045.jpg (62 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1383352401045.jpg
62 KB, 396x388
>didnt get accepted into any of the 3 colleges I applied for

>did get accepted as a volunteer janitor on 4chan
>>
It's a thankless job anon.

It's a thankless job.
>>
How shit was your gpa that you didn't get into a backup state school?

Just go to community college for two years then, it will save you money and spergouts since you'll live at home
>>
Announcing you're a janitor gets you kicked off the staff. Have fun, anon
>>
>butthurt leddit janitor gets me banned
>reset router and get a new IP
Literally a pointless job. You don't even get compensated for it. You do it for free.
>>
>>28458799
Jannies can't even ban that's even the more sad part, the most they can do is delete a thread and request for a mod to ban someone
>>
>>28458739
>volunteer janitor
the official title is volunteer moderator anon

have some respect for the job
>>
>>28458777
>janitors
>part of the staff
Lmao no.
>>
>>28458739

>got accepted as janitor on 4chan

Well at least now you can start saving up the money you earn from being a janitor to pay for college next year when you try applying again.
>>
>>28458823
I know, that's why i said "gets me banned". Really sad. What motivates these poor souls to work for free? Any janitors here care to explain?
>>
>>28458830
It's actually janitor. They need to know their place.
>>
>>28458880

They care about the quality of the board. As a janitor you get to browse and post normally but if you see someone breaking the rules, just delete and request a ban and move on.
>>
>>28458942
>if you see someone disagreeing with you, hurting your feelings or being problematic, just delete and DON'T request a ban because you don't want to get fired
Ftfy
>>
>>28458942
I remember on another board I blew someone out in an argument then instead of retorting like an adult he posted an ironic shitpost then magically the thread was deleted

Gotta love janitors
>>
question for current janitors: do you get access to a special board or is that only for mods? how much interaction do you have with mods?
>>
>>28459310

a current jan isnt going to answer, but as a former jan i can say there is indeed a special board for jans and that interaction with mods is encouraged and sometimes necessary.
>>
>>28459352
>former jan
how did you get kicked out or removed

>>28459352
>a current jan isnt going to answer
wait so if you literally reveal anything about janitorial life you are kicked out? you can't even respond to questions directed at janitors?

fukken shit desu
>>
>>28458739
>applied for
>not applied to

I can see why, OP. Those SAT scores must have been awful.
>>
File: janny board.png (2 MB, 3409x2003) Image search: [Google]
janny board.png
2 MB, 3409x2003
>>28459310
Were you not here when that aussie shitposter hacked moot and revealed all of that?
>>
>>28459310
Why else would the board be called >>>/j/ if it wasn't intended for janitors? I think the mods actually know each other and have various means of contacting one another. The board is just for janitor plebs who aren't going to be on the staff for long.
>>
>>28458739
>2016
>doing it for free
wew lad
>>
>>28459384

I got tired of deleting CP and having people like >>28459064 always complain that they're being targeted everytime some shitty thread or post got deleted.

So I just stopped janning. This is around the same time they tightened up the rules after there was an info leak from one of the other jans so I think they got rid of alot of people and changed all the passwords

I will say that I actually was proud of the way I handled my board, the problem was the other janitors had their own opinions on what threads should be deleted, like off-topic threads that were funny but technically not board-specific, which just pissed off the board regulars and encouraged janny abuse.

I was more of a 'live and let live' janny and just deleted illegal shit and obvious spamming, I didn't even try to ban people most of the time except for the really bad stuff like CP.

but like >>28458755 said it really is as thankless a job as you can imagine.
>>
>>28459566
it's not really even a job tho, you are browsing and posting like usual except now you can remove posts

isn't that it pretty much?
>>
>>28459592

basically, but you're still expected to do something if theres obvious rule-breaking going on
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.